TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sounding Off on Shelby GT500

To start a topic in a GT500 forum titled "Sounding off on the Shelby GT500" is not exactly the best way to start a nice warm social conversation with a group of fans for the product. That's why I asked if he was stoned when he wrote that. Doesn't seem like the approach a sober, common sense individual would take.

Here's a good rule of thumb for everyone. This video and typing on a forum don't mix. :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLqJJADvD3I

HSURB

:hysterical2:

H_e_y,__ m_a_n__..._i_t'_s__a__ t_w_i_n_-_t_u_r_b_o!___D_u_d_e! :hysterical:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it hard to get excited about the GT500KR, guys. :shrug:

seems (from what I've read) that it's a GT500 with CAI, tune and suspension upgrades.

if that's the case CONGRATS to most of us who ALREADY have GT500KR's!!!! :hysterical2:

and... If the projected production number (1000/yr) is true.... we'll NEVER see one on the road. all will be bought by old men with gobs of money or by investors who Vacuum pack their cars and store until the next ice age. :stop:

Just my $.02

Well said.

Investors who are 20 years old - so they'll be around in 40 years when they're worth a ton of bread.

By that time, they'll be driving around in cars that hum - and are devoid of any pollutants. Try and sell one then!

Hey, Doc - how ya been? Haven't heard much from you lately. Spring is here!

I look at the polar ice caps for the truth about global warming. Sorry.

:headspin:

Well if your as smart as you think you are you would know that the climate temperature

cycles. The artic temperatures maybe be warming but the warmest temperature were in

the 40's. Then the temperature's cool again. Remember don't believe anything you hear

and only half of what you see.

Were you stoned when you wrote this?

HSURB

I was just trying to provoke some thought but I guess some of us are

incapable of that. Yes for those who really care I have a Shelby GT 500

ordered for MSRP. I was willing to wait for a good deal and I also hope

Ford comes out with many Mustang Models: Mach1 , BOSS, KR, Bullit and more

they need the money.

Well said.

Investors who are 20 years old - so they'll be around in 40 years when they're worth a ton of bread.

By that time, they'll be driving around in cars that hum - and are devoid of any pollutants. Try and sell one then!

<pssst> Ruf...knock three times, ask for Vito, you want a half-large of 93 <pssst> the password is AmyB ...tell no one. :ninja:

---------

Yo, Doc -- what's the boost gauge pushin' these days in the mile-high city? Have you had her out much?

Well said.

Been a busy winter, Ruf....... as you know, Ice and snow are good for business in my line of work... ;)

I'm glad to see the RUFSTANG is back on the streets!

Dan... the boost guage hit 10 a few days ago.... it fluctuates between 9 and 10 psi depending on temp and humidity (higher boost with lower temp and higher humidity)... would love to drive the car down to sea level one day and see what 15# feels like! I've been out a fair amount lately... 4300 miles and going strong... mine is no garage queen!

Been a busy winter, Ruf....... as you know, Ice and snow are good for business in my line of work... ;)

I'm glad to see the RUFSTANG is back on the streets!

Dan... the boost guage hit 10 a few days ago.... it fluctuates between 9 and 10 psi depending on temp and humidity (higher boost with lower temp and higher humidity)... would love to drive the car down to sea level one day and see what 15# feels like! I've been out a fair amount lately... 4300 miles and going strong... mine is no garage queen!

A weekend adventure to Death Valley! ...when it's not too hot ...might be closest sea-level to Denver <lol> 4300 miles sounds like you're havin' fun, Doc ;-)

Dan

Excuse me, but WTF topic are we discussing here? GW or being depressed that you bought a incredibly bitchen car?

GW- As far as I'm concerned right now, the jury is still out on what is or is not happening and what will or will not happen. But I will say this, before getting behind any cause or movement, it's always smart to first check the big picture to see if someone stands to benefit from the successful outcome of the cause or some forced behavor put upon a population. And no, I'm not saying that GW is somesort of conspiracy conjured up by the tree huggers either. I'm just saying we should all stand back and look at the big picture before jumping on anyone's bandwagon.

Depressed/mad because you feel that FoMoCo and SAI scrwed you over- HOW? Because you believe they put a car on the market that was only good for one MY before they brought out something better? Because you made a personal choice to pay the ADM on your car? If you feel that way then you bought the car only as an investment and you are now pissed that your investment has been diminshed because of the KR.

SNAP OUT OF IT! JEEZ!

LOOK, IN THE LONG RUN, IF THEY REALLY ONLY MAKE 1,000 KR'S, THE ONLY THING THE KR WILL BE GOOD FOR WILL BE IT'S COLLECTIBILTY, AND THAT'S ONLY BECAUSE OF IT'S LIMITED AVAILABILTY. OTHER THAN THAT, THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN'T BE TAKEN FROM THE KR AND INSTALLED ON YOUR "STOCK" OVER PRICED 500 AS YOU MAKE IT OUT TO BE. THERE IS A BIG PICTURE GAME PLAN FOR THE 500 OWNERS THAT WILL ECLIPSE THE KR. CAI IS NOT GOING TO SCREW ANYONE OF US 500 OWNERS OVER. OH, DON'T GET ME WRONG, WE WILL PAY FOR OUR PLEASURES, BUT THAT'S BECAUSE PERFORMANCE AND SPEED COST MONEY, BUT IN RETURN FOR YOUR INVESTMENT, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO WAX ANY STOCK KR ANYDAY AND TWICE ON SUNDAY'S.

IF YOU WERE NOT A COLLECTOR, YOU WOULD CLEARLY SEE THAT POTENTIALLY PAYING SIX FIGURES FOR AN ADDITIONAL 40 H.P., FIRMER SUSPENSION, BETTER BREATHING EXHAUST, AND THE FEW OTHER ITEMS THAT THE KR HAS "OVER" YOUR CURRENT 500, IS ABSURD!! ESPECALLY BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SAME PARTS AND ACCESSORIES THAT SAI IS OR WILL OFFER SOON FOR YOUR 500 IN ADDITION TO BETTER THAN KR P&A. YOU KNOW THE KR'S HOOD? F'IN BEAUTIFUL, RIGHT? OKAY, WHAT IF SAI BRINGS OUT A DROP DEAD GORGEOUS HOOD THAT WILL SMOKE THE KR'S HOOD IN APPEARANCE; HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR CAR THEN? WHAT WILL YOU DO IF YOU SELL YOUR 500; ARE ABLE TO PURCHASE A KR AND THEN FORD AND SAI COME OUT WITH SOMTHING BETTER THAN THE KR? WILL YOU THEN SELL THE KR TOO?

LOOK IF YOUR UNHAPPY THEN SELL YOUR 500 NOW AND THEN PRAY THAT YOU WON'T GET TOO BENT OVER TRYING TO OBTAIN A CAR THAT IS ONLY TEMPORRALY "BETTER" THAN WHAT YOU HAVE NOW. AND UNLESS YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO LIVE NEAR A DEALER THAT WILL GET ONE AND YOU ARE ABLE TO OUT BID YOUR NEIGHBOR FOR IT; OR UNLESS YOU HAVE A REALLY, REALLY HIGH CONNECTION WITHIN FOMOCO, YOU WILL PROBABLY NEVER OWN A KR. SORRY TO POP YOUR BUBBLE, BUT DO THE MATH. 1,000 UNITS DIVIDED BY 4,500 DEALERS. UNLESS YOU HAVE RON PRATTE'S POCKETS, THE ODDS ARE VERY, VERY, BAD FOR GETTING ONE.

Keep your 500 and make it your own. And if your concerned about future investment value, then have SAI do all the work and certify that they did it. Oh, did I just reveal one of their big picture plans for 500 owners just now? Maybe, maybe not.

+100 :shades:

I'd like to know why any global warming believer is owning a Mustang? Especially a '68 that gets about 11 MPG. Wouldn't a hybrid forum be more appropriate? That's not as bad as Gore's carbon footprint being 100 times larger than the average person though, I guess.

It looks like there is going to be a Shleby GT500 KR model and a lot more to come.

What does that do to those who bought Shelby GT500 above MSRP ???

Looks like that could reduce the demand.

If you are worried about Global Warming bull shit that the politicians are pushing.

Check out your information on the web before making up if it's just a play to control

people and money by big money. Look on the web for the truth about global warming.

Back to Mustangs can't wait for the new models to come out.

Don't be conded into playing above MSRP.

Your point is moot.

The KR will do nothing to the demand of the GT500. The biggest flaw I see in the supply-demand forcasting done here is those of you looking for events that may reduce demand for the Gt500 are basing your predictions on the false assumption that there will be enough produced to be affected. This is simply not the case for this car. Based on all available facts, we are about to enter the 2nd and final year of production for the GT500. This severely limits normal long-term type infuences on the market. If GT500 production was indeterminate, i.e. production were to continue indefinitely, then we could start talking about long term market forces coming to bear.

If anything, the advent of the KR and the fact that only the very well to do will have the means to acquire one may actually increase demand for the 'ordinary' GT500 as those of more meager means (just a little sacrcasm there) get one and piece together a KR for substantially less.

A weekend adventure to Death Valley! ...when it's not too hot ...might be closest sea-level to Denver <lol> 4300 miles sounds like you're havin' fun, Doc ;-)

Dan

How about below sea level? Half of my country is that way. :hysterical2:

It looks like there is going to be a Shleby GT500 KR model and a lot more to come.

What does that do to those who bought Shelby GT500 above MSRP ???

Looks like that could reduce the demand.

If you are worried about Global Warming bull shit that the politicians are pushing.

Check out your information on the web before making up if it's just a play to control

people and money by big money. Look on the web for the truth about global warming.

Back to Mustangs can't wait for the new models to come out.

Don't be conded into playing above MSRP.

I happen to believe the so-called BS about global warming, and wonder how deep the hole must be where you bury your head. Why don't you leave your politics out of this forum, and go find some Fox news forum where you can post your BS!

I'd better get my butt there and dive them then. Just missed a trip. More on the way as long as they're still above water.

bj

+1.. Most guys on here have made the bolt on mods that easily exceeds the KR.. Better get your butt out there!

Your point is moot.

The KR will do nothing to the demand of the GT500. The biggest flaw I see in the supply-demand forcasting done here is those of you looking for events that may reduce demand for the Gt500 are basing your predictions on the false assumption that there will be enough produced to be affected. This is simply not the case for this car. Based on all available facts, we are about to enter the 2nd and final year of production for the GT500. This severely limits normal long-term type infuences on the market. If GT500 production was indeterminate, i.e. production were to continue indefinitely, then we could start talking about long term market forces coming to bear.

If anything, the advent of the KR and the fact that only the very well to do will have the means to acquire one may actually increase demand for the 'ordinary' GT500 as those of more meager means (just a little sacrcasm there) get one and piece together a KR for substantially less.

I keep laughing at these educated posts that have been put up in response to someone that looks like they learned how to read and write from watching Fat Albert or something as a child.

The hillbilly that started this thread is about as credible as the homeless guy down the street giving earnings forecasts on a fortune 500 company between sips of malt liquor.

I don't believe the KR will impact the GT500 much, but I do believe the GT500 regardless of the KR will eventually get down to MSRP during it's lifecycle. :headspin:

I happen to believe the so-called BS about global warming, and wonder how deep the hole must be where you bury your head. Why don't you leave your politics out of this forum, and go find some Fox news forum where you can post your BS!

LOL

Nice choice of car. Does it run on dead baby seals and holes in the ozone when you run low on dino fuel?

:hysterical2:

Then you're a hypocrit just like Al Gore and John Edwards and all the other rich liberals who go around preaching global warming and then taking private jets around the country.

Sell your Shelby and get a Prius.

Then you're a hypocrit just like Al Gore and John Edwards and all the other rich liberals who go around preaching global warming and then taking private jets around the country.

Sell your Shelby and get a Prius.

Or John Travolta, who flys his horribly outdated, fuel guzzling, polluting 707 (most of the time alone or just a few passengers) rather than flying commercial, to a movie premiere where he tells us common folks that WE need to do more to save energy and reduce pollution. :headscratch::nonono:

http://www.92kqrs.com/article.asp?id=381071&SPID=6546

The fact that the KR is coming doesn't bother me a bit, I expected it and I would have been surprised if it didn't happen. I also expected it to be more powerful than the 07 GT500, but one thing that people seem to be forgetting, is that no matter what happens with the KR, those that own an '07 GT500 have the first Shelby Mustang built by Ford since 1970. Nobody can ever take that away from you if this kind of thing is important to you. It may very well be the last SVT product too, which will also make it a special car. Enjoy your cars, life is to short to worry about stuff that really won't matter when we're all dead and gone!

Or John Travolta, who flys his horribly outdated, fuel guzzling, polluting 707 (most of the time alone or just a few passengers) rather than flying commercial, to a movie premiere where he tells us common folks that WE need to do more to save energy and reduce pollution. :headscratch::nonono:

http://www.92kqrs.com/article.asp?id=381071&SPID=6546

Oh you must be joking.

He and Kerry, and the rest of these guys buy carbon credits, so it's like they aren't polluting at all! :happy feet:

Man, I wish I could do that in my life.

<after getting pulled over> "No sir, I know it LOOKS like I'm speeding, being that you clocked me going 150mph in a school zone while smoking crack and beating up a hooker... But I bought this 'Speed Credit' which completely shows to you that I was not in fact speeding and that you have the wrong guy.

<Officer> Oh, my mistake, carry on. Oh, Miss? You dropped your teeth, let me pick those up for you. Sir, you have a wonderful day, sorry for the case of mistaken identity.

And the irony in someone on here talking about 'saving the planet' is laudable. Nice 500hp car, I'm sure you are just the pinnacle of hug-a-tree village with that monster under your right foot. Do you attend local meetings in disguise by parking your GT500 a couple miles away and riding the bus? Inquiring minds want to know.

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical2:

The fact that the KR is coming doesn't bother me a bit, I expected it and I would have been surprised if it didn't happen. I also expected it to be more powerful than the 07 GT500, but one thing that people seem to be forgetting, is that no matter what happens with the KR, those that own an '07 GT500 have the first Shelby Mustang built by Ford since 1970. Nobody can ever take that away from you if this kind of thing is important to you. It may very well be the last SVT product too, which will also make it a special car. Enjoy your cars, life is to short to worry about stuff that really won't matter when we're all dead and gone!

And the option for the up and coming GT500XX :banana piano:

So now we will have the 07GT500, SHELBY GT, SHELBY GT-H, soon to be 08GT500KR and better yet 07GT500XX (soon to be announced upgrade for the 07 GT500 owners!!) :banana piano: :hyper:

I'd like to know why any global warming believer is owning a Mustang? Especially a '68 that gets about 11 MPG. Wouldn't a hybrid forum be more appropriate? That's not as bad as Gore's carbon footprint being 100 times larger than the average person though, I guess.

Fox News at it's best.

Archived