TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Event 2012

VorpalBunny

Always wanted to do this one... looks like fun. Hmmm... My birthday's October 2, maybe take some vaca time?

Jer

Oh man if you can get the time do it Jer..............Terlingua is a whole new level of getting together with great people and great cars.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last year at T11........a plan dreamed of for many years, began to get legs during a lively discussion at the Thirsty Goat.......on the night of the poker tourny......

ship our cars to Amsterdam?, drive to Germany including laps at the Nurburbring? and tons of autobahn?, Austria?, Switzerland?, St Moritz?, the Stelvio Pass?.

Italy?, Milan?, the Italian Riviera?, Monte Carlo?, 2 days driving thru France?, culminating at the LeMan Classic and parade laps at the storied track?,

before treking thru Belgium back to the Nethertands?????

several of us walked out of their shaking our heads.........thinking, really? ...could we do this? could we pull this off?

well, we can, and we are........Shelby Run Europe begins in a few days......

several Terlingualistas are attending.....Dan (MY500SS) & his lovely wife Marji......Ron (hispony) and his lovely wife Helaina (herpony68).........

myself and my lovely wife Dale......

all this inspired by Patrick (DutchGT500) and his lovely wife the Dutch Bunny, Astrid

as well as our humble leaders from SMC Events, Sean and his lovely wife Lauren!

Wish Us Luck!

We hOpe to have lots of stories, pictures and videos of our travels together on SRE12!

And none of this could be possible if it were not for Terlingua.............THANK YOU! :grouphug:

+1!

Also, T12 is looking awesome! Some new activity options, great meals planned, rembrance and honoring Carroll, the 17 mile speed run!!!, much more plus all you loved... and some new twists too.

Think everyone will really enjoy this year and the continued improvements and fun of Terlingua.

Be safe in Europe all - Fear the Bunny.

David

+1!

Also, T12 is looking awesome! Some new activity options, great meals planned, rembrance and honoring Carroll, the 17 mile speed run!!!, much more plus all you loved... and some new twists too.

Think everyone will really enjoy this year and the continued improvements and fun of Terlingua.

Be safe in Europe all - Fear the Bunny.

David

Charity auction with another giant bottle of Patron????? :drool:

Glen

Charity auction with another giant bottle of Patron????? :drool:

Glen

Glen,

That would be greatly appreciated! By us the auction committee and later by the buyer!

Plus we have some really one of a kind items this year for the auction including a to be unveiled, one of a kind, remembrance of Carroll item never seen before.

David

• 1 month later...

The 5th Annual Wicked Nationals was this past Saturday August 4th..........all proceeds go to benefit the Terlingua Presevation Society and the causes they support!

I am very pleased to announce that We had a very successful show this year and will be presenting the check to the board at the T12 Gala Dinner!

thank you to all who came out and supported this great cause!~

Already working on a bigger and better show for 2013!

First Saturday in August.......dont miss it!

Michael,

That is amazing and very much appreciated news!!! The whole TPS board thanks you and Dale! :worship::worship::worship::superhero:

The Terlingua charities will be the big winner thanks to the Wicked Nationals!

See you soon my friend,

David

Nice work Wick!!! I'm looking very forward to T12! Carrie and I will make it earlier this year, so we'll see you all on Wednesday evening at the Holland! I got their last room today, one of the lofts. Rental again as I don't have the time to drive down, but still love to hang out with all the great friends of TPS!

Nice work Wick!!! I'm looking very forward to T12! Carrie and I will make it earlier this year, so we'll see you all on Wednesday evening at the Holland! I got their last room today, one of the lofts. Rental again as I don't have the time to drive down, but still love to hang out with all the great friends of TPS!

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I'm really going to miss hanging with the Terlingua gang this year. :cry: Such a fantastic gathering to be part of.

I told Marji every October from now on are mine.

Dan and Marji - we will be thinking of you and seeing you next year it sounds like! :happy feet:

David

I'm really going to miss hanging with the Terlingua gang this year. :cry: Such a fantastic gathering to be part of.

I told Marji every October from now on are mine.

What did I miss you two are not comming??

Glen

What did I miss you two are not comming??

Glen

No, we're not making it this year. We're taking Marji's parents up to the New England states for some Leaf peeping this October.

Not only am I missing Terlingua, but I'm missing a very wonderful couples 1 year wedding anniversary.

No, we're not making it this year. We're taking Marji's parents up to the New England states for some Leaf peeping this October.

Not only am I missing Terlingua, but I'm missing a very wonderful couples 1 year wedding anniversary.

well the leaves will be nice. Just not the same running over leaves as taking out thoes nasty pigs. LOL

Lisa and I will miss you both. We have tickets to Neil Young and crazy horse at the Hollywood bowl on the 16th or so. maybe catch you there. We do seem to meet up in different places. Enjoy the east and we will have a toast to you too and of course tell a pig story or two, those stories are getting better all the time.

Glen

Dale and I will be in Vermont mid October for my aunt's 100th bday....but I think the leaves will be toast by then....maybe we run into you there! :rockon:

well the leaves will be nice. Just not the same running over leaves as taking out thoes nasty pigs. LOL

Lisa and I will miss you both. We have tickets to Neil Young and crazy horse at the Hollywood bowl on the 16th or so. maybe catch you there. We do seem to meet up in different places. Enjoy the east and we will have a toast to you too and of course tell a pig story or two, those stories are getting better all the time.

Glen

Terlingua stories are the best.......fast cars.....great food.....wonderful people......and vows of marriage.....add flying pig or two and you get paradise.

Have a great time at the Neil Young concert.

Dale and I will be in Vermont mid October for my aunt's 100th bday....but I think the leaves will be toast by then....maybe we run into you there! :rockon:

100th Birthday.........don't ever see many of those. :worship:

We finish up our trip in Boston on the 16th. Unless Marji finds something in the Caribbean, we'll be doing NYC for New Years. Perfect time to see our best friends I'd say.

100th Birthday.........don't ever see many of those. :worship:

We finish up our trip in Boston on the 16th. Unless Marji finds something in the Caribbean, we'll be doing NYC for New Years. Perfect time to see our best friends I'd say.

perfect indeed! :rockon:

and they are twins.....so its a double 100th birthday! Dina and Diane! :drop:

• 2 weeks later...

no super snake for us this year....it didnt work out.......looks like my first Terlingua rental....the continuous borrowed Shelby run comes to an end! :cry:

but we are there to be Terlingualistas just the same! :yahoo: :bandance:

Michael,

I am so glad you and Dale are coming no matter what you drive!

David

Archived