TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Methanol Injection

MichaelGoodwin

Anyone ever used one of the Snow Performance methanol injection kits or something similar?

I'm trying to find out what the pros and cons of one of these kits.

Does it add a lot of wear and tear to any parts?

I'm debating adding one to my 2011 GT500 with the pulley tension kit and FRPP CAI.

Why would you add a Ford Racing Cold Air Intake to a car that already has one?

Does FRPP even make one for a 2010+ GT500??

I ran a Edlebrock Vari-jection kit on a 1967 Camaro that I turbocharged with a Shelby Spearco kit and it made a WORLD of difference when I added the injection system.

Night and day...

It will reduce wear on parts, not increase it. Your plugs last forever, your cylinders are clean as new, etc.

I *will* eventually run a H2O/Meth injection system on my 2010 GT500 but haven't done it yet.

Having said that, there are quite a few cars on here that I've seen running the Snow injection so one or two may chime in.

Phill

Why would you add a Ford Racing Cold Air Intake to a car that already has one?

Does FRPP even make one for a 2010+ GT500??

I ran a Edlebrock Vari-jection kit on a 1967 Camaro that I turbocharged with a Shelby Spearco kit and it made a WORLD of difference when I added the injection system.

Night and day...

It will reduce wear on parts, not increase it. Your plugs last forever, your cylinders are clean as new, etc.

I *will* eventually run a H2O/Meth injection system on my 2010 GT500 but haven't done it yet.

Having said that, there are quite a few cars on here that I've seen running the Snow injection so one or two may chime in.

Phill

Sorry about that Phill, I was looking at CAI's for my wife's car and had that on my mind but what I meant was FRPP Resonator. I've been weighing the option of purchasing the Snow kit for my ride but just didn't know much about it. Thanks for your input.

Archived