TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Old guy-new GT 500

steeltech

steeltech,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your KB Shelby GT500. She's a beauty!

What tire & wheel combo are you running?

Rob,

Agreed, this shot in front of the F-14 Tomcat is the best (although the one in front of the C-47 Gooney Bird is sharp too).

I can just imagine Howard Hughes (the speed demon he was) gazing down from the left seat of his Spruce Goose in the background, wishing he'd had a Shelby GT500 for a daily driver...

Rob- face it, most would consider us old..... < 50 I would say. It's all in the mind...and gray hair.

What if I die my hair Orange or simply cut it all off and polish it up to make it shiney and new ? :hysterical:

Nice pic's and great title of this post. Be careful, I got stopped by the cops last year shortly after getting my Shelby GT-500 on my first road trip in it. When the officer approached the window and asked for license and registration, my wife looked at the young policeman and said, "Old guy new car" and shook her head. The cop grinned and figured I was going to catch Hell from her anyways and only wrote the ticket for 71 instead of the 84 he clocked me doing. Guess he was married too.

Congrats from another old guy. I'll be 58 next week. Sat in my first Shelby, a Grabber Orange/White 69 GT500 in '71 that was sitting on a used car lot but bought a Boss 302 instead. 41 years later finally got my first Shelby. Now I am teaching Grandma how to shift. You are only as old as you feel. Hello Mr.Hamilton. This is 70 boss from the CJ forum. Took me an extra year or two to discover these rockets but glad I did.

shelby004.jpg

Agreed, this shot in front of the F-14 Tomcat is the best (although the one in front of the C-47 Gooney Bird is sharp too).

I can just imagine Howard Hughes (the speed demon he was) gazing down from the left seat of his Spruce Goose in the background.....

MAN, I gotta start paying attention. I didn't even see her back there behind the glass until you pointed it out. We used to have her down in Long Beach CA, where I got to tour the Goose. IMPRESSIVE aircraft, to say the least. You don't realize the scale of it until you get near it. That sucker is H-U-G-E.

(EDIT: I wondered where she went!)

And I was thinkin' the warbird was a F-15 because of the twin stab's aft. I see they're *slightly* canted though.

Phill

"What tire & wheel combo are you running?"

Wheels are Enkei Tarmac Chrome +42-(local Les Schwabb had them on the shelf from a canceled order--they are 19 x 9.5) Tires are 255/40R-19XL Blizzak and 275/45R-19XLBlizzak.

"Congrats from another old guy. I'll be 58 next week. Sat in my first Shelby, a Grabber Orange/White 69 GT500 in '71 that was sitting on a used car lot but bought a Boss 302 instead. 41 years later finally got my first Shelby. Now I am teaching Grandma how to shift. You are only as old as you feel. Hello Mr.Hamilton. This is 70 boss from the CJ forum. Took me an extra year or two to discover these rockets but glad I did."

My first Mustang was a 1965 convertible with a 4 speed and a hot rod 289--still managed to get in a lot of trouble. Good thing I didn't have this car then.

Rob, can't wait to get together with you and talk cars. Thank-you for the great comments guys.

Congrats from another old guy. I'll be 58 next week. Sat in my first Shelby, a Grabber Orange/White 69 GT500 in '71 that was sitting on a used car lot but bought a Boss 302 instead. 41 years later finally got my first Shelby. Now I am teaching Grandma how to shift. You are only as old as you feel. Hello Mr.Hamilton. This is 70 boss from the CJ forum. Took me an extra year or two to discover these rockets but glad I did.

Hey welcome to you too over to the newer Shelby world. I still remember sitting in a Shelby for the first time also. It was a 1967 GT-350 in Dark Moss Green. This was about 1970 and I still recall feeling that wooden T-handle shifter on the C-4. It was going for about $1600 but that was too much money back then (LOL). And it was 41 years later before I finally got my first Shelby too. I know you're enjoying the Shelby, I love mine.

Welcome to TS! Great pics! Gives me some ideas.....we're going to Panama City Beach in April, just a short jaunt over to Pensacola and the Naval Air Museum--it's fantastic! I'll try to get some shots of my baby (car) with aircraft in the back--very cool! As far as being "old" if you haven't found out already, the GT 500 is actually a mass-produced time machine--you feel 17 everytime you get behind the wheel, or maybe 19 or 20...... Love it!

Enjoy & keep 'er shiny side up!

Archived