TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT/SC I LOVE IT!!!!

Drove my newly upfitted 2007 Shelby GT/SC home today. Over 300 miles. Had the work done at TASCA in Rhode Island I. I am highly recommending them. WOW. Their shop is spotless. The whole organization seems "nailed down". Dennis Gomes is in charge of the modshop and he does PERFECT work. I am fussy/not easy to please but these people did a great job. Just got home, so the car is a little dirty....but here are some pics.

gtscpic2.jpg

gtsccarpic.jpg

The power is unbelievable. I ended up with 493 HP at the rear wheels. If I was a youngster and had this much power I probably would not have made it home, if you know what I mean. :)

Far out!

Right on!

:)

Very nice! Congrats. What package did you go with? Whipple? Get us more pics under the hood when you get a chance. :rockon::worship:

I'm with Jeff - it's just mean to not include under the hood photos. :poke:

Jim

"it seemed all around "faster" (more pull and all) then my 12 GT500"

Well let's see. I have an '08 GT500 also.

550 HP at 3600 lbs (Shelby GT/SC) vs 500 HP at 4000 lbs (Shelby GT500) makes a difference. Then add in the higher gearing for a Shelby GT and it will be faster. And because the GT/SC is lighter, lower and has a track suspension it handles better.

Right now I think it is my favorite toy ever. And I have had a few.

Congrats and I concur Dennis and his Team are outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just love this car, part of me has been tempted by the Boss 302 and GT350, but I know in the end I would regret it, the "New" would go away quickly and I would wish for the GT/SC back. This is my second car ever that I have liked 4 years later as much as the day I picked it up, the other was an 88 Porsche 911 that I wish I still had.

Now you need some wheels so you can get some wider tires on that bad boy!!!!!!!!!!!

"an 88 Porsche 911 that I wish I still had."

I had an '87 911 Targa and an '87 911 Cabriolet.

Nice cars. Underpowered. Expensive to repair. Much better cars than the new water cooled Porsches. (They didn't blow up) And they held their value.

I'll take my GT/SC anyday.

Tires? YUP and the brakes that come with the upgrade package don't suit me. I guess they are as good as you can get with the stock wheel size., I have a set of 18 x 9.5s sitting in the garage. Brakes and tires are next.

Congrats man, you're living my SGT dream! Someday....

Oh yeah, and I've done the Porsche thing too...mine was a '90 911, which was actually pretty powerful....

The GT/SC decals appear to be pealing back as SGT0225 says. But that is a slight issue that you can take care of yourself, immediately. But I can see farther than the decals, the GT/SC is a car for the true power enthusiast as everything else is just a temptation to what the real deal GT/SC gives one who either has it or has had the opportunity to drive one. I will add what a beautifully built Camaro SS owner said to me after he was thoroughly crushed by the GT/SC "that is one badass ride". I agree.

Go get'm Rev Dennis!!

I only had mine a short time before I got the S/C done. I had originally planned to leave the cars with Shelby to get them done before they shipped to me but then Paxton pulled the plug on the '08. I didn't have much time, but the S/C made it a totally different car. I didn't even recognize it. You'll love it. Be careful though, the rear wheels might kind of sneak around you if you aren't careful. I would recommend some stickier tires.

Congrats on the upgrade,doing mine this summer...Did you just get the upgrade pkg or did you get other addons? Anyone else have this done and do you have any suggestions about other work while its there.

1 piece driveshaft, valve covers if you want them because they have it apart already, I had them upgrade the current brakes with pads, lines, rotors.

It is a totally different machine, you will love it.

Congratulations on the "charger." I had mine a few months before I changed the front brakes to the 6-piston Baers which makes a huge difference. You'll need to replace the wheels too for the larger brakes.

Enjoy the new ride and a big congratulations.

It only has 6500 miles on it. When I bought it a few months ago the clutch grabbed right off of the floor. The previous owner took care of it well. And I never put a clutch in a car unless it needed one when I bought it. It will have the original clutch for a long time I hope. I don't do burn outs. I never found them to be entertaining.

It only has 6500 miles on it. When I bought it a few months ago the clutch grabbed right off of the floor. The previous owner took care of it well. And I never put a clutch in a car unless it needed one when I bought it. It will have the original clutch for a long time I hope. I don't do burn outs. I never found them to be entertaining.

well if ya ever need one I have my stock one with the flywheel in my basement. I had the TSB done on my tranny while I was having the SC put on. I figured as long as the tranny is out I may as well upgrade the clutch, afterall it's the weakest link in the drivetrain.

I wasn't beating up on my stock clutch, but then I already had 30k miles on the car when I supercharged. (Edelbrock E-Force) After the supercharger, a new clutch was soon needed, so I upgraded to the McCleod RST dual-disk!

If you change the clutch, go with a dual-disk, and while you're in there, replace the slave cylinder and clutch line and save yourself some headache!

S/C is definitely a kick-in-the-pants!

Sam

Archived