TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Old Shelby Cafe Location Gets A New Tenant.

shelbymotorsports

Although the Shelby Cafe here in Las Vegas didn't make it to its first birthday there is a new tenant willing to take a chance on the old location. Construction is in full swing for the FastLane Cafe*.

Although this cafe is not associated with Shelby it will be nice to have some new neighbors. And before anyone asks all the unique Shelby items were removed from the Shelby Corner Cafe a long time ago. I had always wanted to get in there and cut out the drywall that had all the grand opening autographs but sadly never did and now they are gone.

I'm not sure when their grand opening is but it doesn't look to far off. I'll post any new details I find out.

Steve

* This new cafe may use the name of Speedway Cafe instead of Fastlane Cafe.

Yes, also sure glad that I got the chance to go to the cafe when it was open. The Terlingua Burger was to die for. The best burger I had ever had, hands down. Bacon, Avocado, cheese, and jalepeno's on one burger. Total Awesomeness!! I also have a set of the Spark Plug S&P shakers from there and a couple sets of the placemats. I took one set and posted them all around my garage in picture frames. Those were some pretty cool pictures. I got many of the ideas for my garage from the Shelby Cafe. Where I got the idea for my colors, valvecover lamps, hood with the flat screen, etc. Cool stuff, sure am still missing that place! Here's some pictures from my own little Shelby Cafe in my garage.

DMC20117.jpg

100_0523.jpg

boothcorner.jpg

DMC20119.jpg

I had always wanted to get in there and cut out the drywall that had all the grand opening autographs but sadly never did and now they are gone.

That sucks. When they closed Amy told me I could have the Ernest Borgnine autograph if it didn't reopen as the Shelby Cafe. Didn't the new owner recognize the significance of those?

It was there on two occasions that, being frequented by locals from Nellis AFB, I bought a table full of American Soldiers Lunch. One time the waitress spilled the beans, and as my wife and I were leaving they all stood up too. She was embarrassed.

I have some pictures I'll try to dig up too. Photobucket is telling me too many of you are looking at my BJ photos though :)

Sigh...

Hope it is open before Memorial Day weekend. We are booked to be is Vegas and sure would do a visit. My son is joining us this time out there. Clearly want him to see the Museum as he is my consultant for upgrades.

Going to be his first visit to Vegas.

I made sure I had the Shelby chile at the Shelby Cafe. Now that was the real deal. Chile made at the Shelby plant.

I bought a couple of T-shirts sealed in a quart oil can. Never to be opened. (only a Shelby nut would understand that one)

I took many photo's of the pictures they had hanging up on the walls. The one I liked was the picture of all the 65' GT350's in the process of being built.

:headscratch:

you always do the pancake breakfast in front of the old Shelby cafe, if its another business now......open or otherwise,

I doubt you will be allowed to set up your pancake breakfast there.....???

picking another location shouldnt be an issue, but I didnt think it would be at the cafe location again....make sense now?

• 1 month later...

Well good news, the new cafe (Race Day Cafe) opened their doors about two weeks ago and ALL THE AUTOGRAPHS REMAIN.

Yes Tony, even Ernest's autograph is still there. There are also many Shelby photos still on the wall and a few banners still hang from the rafters.

Prices are higher than the Shelby Cafe but cheaper than most "themed" cafe's out there.

Steve

Well good news, the new cafe (Race Day Cafe) opened their doors about two weeks ago and ALL THE AUTOGRAPHS REMAIN.

Yes Tony, even Ernest's autograph is still there. There are also many Shelby photos still on the wall and a few banners still hang from the rafters.

Prices are higher than the Shelby Cafe but cheaper than most "themed" cafe's out there.

Steve

Awesome!

Actually, it is now called the Race Day Cafe' and sports a really good menu. Open M-F 7am - 3pm. All the memorobilla was taken out along with the hoods, however most of the photos and all the signatures are still on the walls. The new owner did not want them touched as they as much a part of the cafe as the walls and the huge Shelby Mustang banner that surrounded the upper rafters of the dining area. Check it out when you come to town.

Archived