TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roush Griggs GR40 Road Racing Car For Sale

Roush GR40

I really enjoyed SCMC/TCUSA open track this past weekend at VIR...an awesome event! For those of you that attended, we probably crossed paths over the weekend on track and you are familar with my car. It's been professionally prepared and is ready to go for another season of HPDE's. My daughter is in her first year of college (7 more to go) and I really need to get serious about selling...if you are interested or know of anyone, please see link below on ebay. Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=98064

096-1-1.jpg

I hate to harp on this, but whenever I see a "race" car advertised anywhere I feel compelled to ask whether it is street legal. I see the car started as a street VIN# car, but is it still so? The eBay ad looks like a "no VIN" ad (like for a FR500 Cobrajet) but doesn't explicitly say one way or the other.

The reason I mention this is one of my friends came very close to buying a CobraJet and it wasn't until I reminded him that when you buy a Ford Mustang from the parts department it comes with a serial # not a VIN # and can't be registered to get a title or plates.

• 1 month later...

Although this car is not currently registered for street use, it can be returned that way if the new owner decides to do so...although I don't know why anyone would do that. This car started life as a Roush Stage 3 car with DMV title and VIN. I don't know oof many cars that excel on track AND street...so the decision was made to go 100% track duty. This was not a Ford factory built race car (i.e. FR500C, FR500S) that could not be registered for street use.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived