TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Exclusivity

mullens

I can't seem to find how to edit a post on the mobile version, but my last post I was refering to '09-11 ZR1 total production being under 3850

Looks like more people who own Shelbys keep them longer then those who own Z06s. Thats why you wont see as many on the road because people are either collecting them (garage queens) or want to keep the miles extremely low. If I had gotten a z06 instead, id probably drive it everyday like most people down here in texas.

Very good possibility. And to throw another factor in the mix, Corvettes don't rust. At least not the bodies (or frames on the Z06/ZR1. So that's one less concern for owners.

Take a look at how many are for sale on EBay and AutoTrader. The GT500 is in no way exclusive. They will suffer the same depreciation as the Porsche Boxster. There are always more for sale than there are buyers. I don't think prices will drop as low as Boxsters though. You can buy a late 90's Boxster below $10K. Of course, you have to hope the engine does not blow up. These cars are not investments. Drive it!

There are two in my neighborhood and I see a couple a week, but I think I'm looking for where I know they will be. In teaching my kids to be able to identify them, so we are always looking.

Archived