TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Made in the U.S.A.!

this isnt meant to offend anybody but

sorry I cant agree with any of this....

if American companies are to survive or thrive...it must be through superior products delivered at competative prices....

not through blind loyalty.

I agree completely! That's why I choose FORD over GM!!

this isnt meant to offend anybody but

sorry I cant agree with any of this....

Im as patriotic as the next guy...

but buying a product solely based on the fact that it is American made makes no sense...

so if an American company makes crap, I should buy it because its American made?

ridiculous.

Buy the best made product for the money, not the cheapest, not the most readilly available,

but the best made product for the money.

If its American, great. If not, then thats fine too.

Didnt market share lead to American car companies making crap cause they thought everyone would just buy it without considering alternatives.....

enter the foreign auto companies......making a better car for the money.....winning consumer hearts and minds and dollars.....

the downfall of great companies has been fed by the blind loyalty of the masses.....

where did that lead.........??

to the exact thing you are all against........the rise of foreign companies.

buy with your head, not your heart......

if American companies are to survive or thrive...it must be through superior products delivered at competative prices....

not through blind loyalty.

Which products are you referring to, Mike?

I believe Fords to be of equal or better quality and value than others. There's really no excuse to buy a foreign vehicle.

If everyone decided to buy our own products, our economy would be in much better shape.

I believe our decline in quality came from our laziness and cockiness when the economy was in much better shape in the late 70's early 80's. (I can remember pratt & whitney workers then bragging about how little work they do, how much they are paid and how great their pensions are going to be. That shortsightedness then is still affecting us now for sure).

And now, with stiff competition from abroad, I believe any American company or individual who makes/builds a product here in America would surely build it with quality and value in mind.

my car company reference was more historical than meant to be a statement about today specifically and

used solely to highlight that insisting on buying American in all cases as a blind standard has no merit.......

I also anticipated your objection Secondo.......my post is more directed towards the mindset you have repeatedly depicted about a duty to buy American

or somehow you are doing this country a disservice moreso than the original posters intentions made more clear to me by the post of Helix earlier today.......

I dont mean to turn this thread into something other than what the original poster intended

which I see more clearly now as

"what American products are best and share them here so others can make smart purchases AND buy American"

which is a stance I wholeheartedly support.....

sorry again for the misinterpretation........

Don't agree with you. The very bottom line: Our inventions and ingenuity through the years have been stolen, copied and purposely made and sold cheaper by foreigners to undercut our own companies; and we, the American public, have sold ourselves out to them just to save a buck. Now look where it has got us. Virtually nothing in a store these days is made by or from an American company.

So, I ask; which "mindset" is more harmful? The damage is already done- the American public already has the 'buy whatever is generally thought to be better and cheaper no matter where it's from' mindset. For example, everyone thinks that they are being "smart" by purchasing a Toyota because they must be the most "reliable" car company (because Consumer Reports and Toyota ads say so), however, they've had by far the most recalls of any vehicle manufacturer. We go to Walmart or Target to buy something- we get the cheaper china one that lasts one month rather the U.S. made one even though it will last much longer or have more value. Here's a good example: would you buy chinese deodorant or toothpaste? Of course not. It's personal. At least those items in our stores are U.S. made. But that's about it.

By far these days our economy is so bad that only entertainment, food, insurance and healthcare industries are somewhat secure. It's difficult to find the manufacturing jobs that were plentiful a few years ago. They've all been outsourced to other countries to save a buck. We can't afford to argue about this. We've never been so insecure about jobs here- ever. And we all know it.

It is very hard to find items that are not made in China even in Italy and France a lot of the products they were known for are now made in China. It is about greed and a lot of the high end items such as hand bags are still costly even though they are made a lot cheaper in China. It is also true that China does copy and steal our designs, the products coming out of China are made poorly and when imported into this country the buyers must pay up front with no chance of a refund for improper or faulty goods. The fault lays clearly on our Goverment. I agree that in the 1970's and 80's some of out stuff was crap but the stuff coming out of China is not only crap but some of it is dangerous, I and my wife try to not buy products made in China just for that reason. We buy a lot of things and I have to say that in todays market I have not found one item that we bought that was made in the United States that was not made well so we do buy as many products as we can that are from th USA.....as for buying a product from China that is made better none of you can tell me what that product is because it is not out there...and if you do come up with one then you are from China.

Archived