TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Interview with Carroll Shelby and Amy Boylan

Staff

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thanks for posting this interview. I really appreciate the dedication to the owners of the Shelby cars and I am happy to see they sound like they are going to make the experience of owning a Shelby an exciting one. I still would like someone to guarantee me the opportunity to buy the GT500KR hood for my future '08 GT500 as I doubt I will get the chance to buy a real KR.

I don't know if it's just me or not, but Mr. Shelby looks better and better to me every time I see him. I believe the man has cornered the market on the fountain of youth.

Great questions guys . I'm impressed with both Carrol and Amy very down to earth people,you can see how they both really respect each other too.

I'm happy they realize how pasionate us 07 GT500 owners are and how they will be including us in the future for authentic Shelby upgrades. This will ensure the value as well as the performance of our cars.

I can't wait to see what they have in store for this car hope they make these upgrades available soon. (hope that hood is one of them).

George....

Thank you Robert and Chris for this very interesting interview. Great job!

Lots of great questions and also great answers by Carroll and Amy. The one anwer I particularily liked is the one about the KR production number. If indeed, 1000 units is only an estimation and not a definitive number, there might still be hope that this car will be within the reach of many current GT500 owners, which is certainly good news.

Is there a text or audio-onlt version available? Us poor schmucks with dial-ups take months to play these freaking streaming video presentations because they only run 2 - 3 seconds at a time before loading for another two minutes.

Hit the pause "||" button and wait for it to download. Then you can play without interruption.

Did I hear him correctly, the KR will sell for 100K to 200K more than the GT500

Did anyone catch a few months ago I believe it was in the magazine car and driver they did an article on the new Shelby GT 500 race version. I believe the article reported them having a larger engine, no interior to speak of and those were reported worth over $200,000. I didn't get a chance to read the entire article and I've yet to find the publication since. Curious if those were the pre KR versions. Did anyone see or read that article?

Thanks for the vid! This is the first time I've ever heard Mr. Shelby's voice. I can tell that Amy and Carroll are very good, down to earth people, and I'm proud to be a part of the Shelby family!

Archived