TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which color do you like best?

Ecrissman

I agree with 00w6ta. I have a '12 in Race Red (my wife calls it Arrest Me Red) and would've

loved to have the glass roof option. That's the one thing I miss about my C6 Vette...

The transparent targa top. All three are good looking rides. Can't go wrong with any of them.

I have a black one with red stripes and it shows a lot of dust and dirt, also any little scratches. My wife also has a black car with the same problem. My other car it white and does not have the problem that the black cars do. The black looks great when sitting on the show room floor but after time you will see what I am talking about. I hope this helps but any color is great as long as it is a GT500...

Here is my 2 cents

I have a black with matte black stripes

Black is absolutey the best on the showroom floor --- never looks that good again ---- dummy me, i got this after having a black Z06

White looks the worst on the showroom floor ---- looks amazing out in the open ------ BUT

Red looks hot always to any trooper or city police looking for whatever ---- number one color for being stopped --- read that somewhere

now for the 'BUT' ----- any of them with stripes that are not black makes the interior nothing but ugly to me. two four inch stripes on the seats that are

the color of the stripes on the car just doesn't strike my fancy!

Like Kontra06 said, you can't go wrong with any......

But I would have to go with the Black. White on ANY car has always reminded me of a fleet vehicle, I like the Red but it screams 'Stop Me and Annoy Me for 20 Minutes'.

I know black is cleaning-intensive but I really like the way the red stripes are bordered by grey.

This is not a daily driver just a garage kept nice weather cruiser.

I am workng on a deal for the red one. Dealers still haven't came down to where i would like them to be. Whats your thoughts on a good price, For svtpp, electronics package, glass roof? Sticker is at $58310.00. If it had the recaro option it would be perfect.

There is a $2500 rebate to the dealer that has been kept quiet. I know for a fact because I just purchased my 12' 3 weeks ago and they disclosed the rebate. The F&I manager used the rebate in addition to my trade which further reduced the amount I had to pay sales tax on. With the rebate in place plus the discount, you should be around $50,495. There seems to mbe quite a few dealers nationaly selling for around $8k under MSRP. My SVTPP Convertible with the electronics package was roughly $8400 off MSRP. As for the rebate, I have no information on how long it will be in effect.

There is a $2500 rebate to the dealer that has been kept quiet. I know for a fact because I just purchased my 12' 3 weeks ago and they disclosed the rebate. The F&I manager used the rebate in addition to my trade which further reduced the amount I had to pay sales tax on. With the rebate in place plus the discount, you should be around $50,495. There seems to mbe quite a few dealers nationaly selling for around $8k under MSRP. My SVTPP Convertible with the electronics package was roughly $8400 off MSRP. As for the rebate, I have no information on how long it will be in effect.

Didn't know about the rebate but with the 2013's on the way, I was thinking low to mid 50's.......tops.

Best of luck.

No dealers are talking about a rebate to close the deal. Glass top car is at $53500.00. Dealer and I have nearly got a deal, worked out and he commited to not selling it to anyone until its done or I move on. I wish the ford site or any site offered a search tool to find exactly what I want. I would consider traveling or shipping..

I used an internet search and found what we were looking for 500 miles away and they met us half way and we made the trade. We were looking for black with stripe delete and all the bells and whistles. We did not want the glass top-had one dealer try to tack on $10,000 and another one $5000 to the invoice price. Needless to say we didn't call back. This dealer gave us exactly what we wanted on our 08 Premium GT and agreed to the trade price we asked. Can't ask for more than that.

Just veiwed Autotrader.com, there were (3) lisiting close to the price range that your dealer offered. The following are SVTPP with electronics pkg & glass roof. Vance Ford, Miami OK - Black $53,900 Owen Ford, Jarrett, VA - Red $54,995 Hopkins Ford, Jenkintown, PA - Red, $unlisted but offered $1500 rebate in ad. Just a snapshot of what is advertised today.

The search tool I use is http://www.autotrader.com/ and/or http://www.cars.com/ .

Actually found the shelby on cars.com only 49 miles from home.

As a point, since the shelby is not a driver at all, I found a Kentucky Speedway pace car 5.0 Mustang 400 miles from home. Picking it up on Thursday.

Found it on autotrader.

Each web site has its own capabilities but will allow you to search for specific colors, year, model, etc.

Frank A.

I've always been partial to white cars, both for their subtlety and for their ability to look clean even when not spotless. But you really can't go wrong - the cars are fabulous in any color! I got my SVTPP + Nav (no glass roof) for just shy of $50K 4 weeks ago, and prices are trending down with the '13s on the way. Dunno how much the glass roof option is, but $52-53K seems in the right ballpark. Good luck. :banvictory:

This is not a daily driver just a garage kept nice weather cruiser.

I am workng on a deal for the red one. Dealers still haven't came down to where i would like them to be. Whats your thoughts on a good price, For svtpp, electronics package, glass roof? Sticker is at $58310.00. If it had the recaro option it would be perfect.

At noon today on www.gt500forsale.com there was a red 2012 GT500, SVT, Nav. ( no glass roof ), for $ 50,743.00 in GA. The glass roof is a 2K option......offer him $52,750, see what he does.

In 2010 when I ordered 2011 GT500, there was almost 5K profit in the deal @ MSRP..............& they make something on each option......good luck !!

Sooo apparently someone else liked the red Shelby and was willing to pay too much for it, It sold Tuesday. Not sure if it was someone one here or not. Luckily the red car I really wanted.. I bought yesterday. Will post in the proper section.

Archived