TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shelbymotorsports! Car lineup at museum in April for MATS?

dragbaron

I was wondering if you would know what was going to be in the museum in April during the Mopars at the Strip show (13th-15th I believe). I didn't get to stop by when I was there last year, so I'm trying to make sure I catch a tour of the place this year! If it's going to be a building full of Fords, then honestly I hold off on stopping by. However, if some of the Shelby-Dodge stuff is on display, then count me in!

I was wondering if you would know what was going to be in the museum in April during the Mopars at the Strip show (13th-15th I believe). I didn't get to stop by when I was there last year, so I'm trying to make sure I catch a tour of the place this year! If it's going to be a building full of Fords, then honestly I hold off on stopping by. However, if some of the Shelby-Dodge stuff is on display, then count me in!

Currently we have on display a 1986 Shelby GLHS, a 1989 Shelby Dakota and a mid 90's Dodge Viper. We also have a Shelby CanAm spec race car that has had the V6 Chrylser engine swapped out to an Oldsmobile Aurora engine. It has also been repainted Oldsmobile Silver from the original Chrysler white paint.

The museum cameras do not face this last aisle of the museum so unfortunately no Dodge vehicles are viewable online.

Steve

PS- You're going to pass the Shelby Museum on the way to LVMS and there is no admission charge to the museum so I encourage you to stop by. Keep in mind that without Ford there would have never been any Shelby Dodge cars.

• 1 month later...

Currently we have on display a 1986 Shelby GLHS, a 1989 Shelby Dakota and a mid 90's Dodge Viper. We also have a Shelby CanAm spec race car that has had the V6 Chrylser engine swapped out to an Oldsmobile Aurora engine. It has also been repainted Oldsmobile Silver from the original Chrysler white paint.

The museum cameras do not face this last aisle of the museum so unfortunately no Dodge vehicles are viewable online.

Steve

PS- You're going to pass the Shelby Museum on the way to LVMS and there is no admission charge to the museum so I encourage you to stop by. Keep in mind that without Ford there would have never been any Shelby Dodge cars.

Is that the GLHS that Neil Emiro restored? I got to meet him a couple of weeks ago and we talked about the car.

Don't get me wrong, I will enjoy going to the Museum and taking the tour(it's already in my plans for that weekend) and seeing a representation of everything Mr. Shelby has done over the years with Ford and Chrysler. I consider myself a MOPAR/ford person and actually started out as a Ford only person(my Father is a Diehard Ford guy) when I was younger. A High School friend turned me on to the Chysler world and changed everything! :P

I'm driving 800 miles one way for a Mopar show, and every August for the past 11 years, I drive 1300 miles one way to the Mopar Nats in Ohio. So obviously I would like to see at least a couple of the Shelby Mopars on your tour!

PS- Keep in mind that if Lee Iacocca had went to GM you'd have Shelby Monte Carlos and Shelby Cavaliers in your Museum! :hysterical:

Archived