TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Signed Dash Plaque

svtbolt2001

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, getting kind of rediculous. Maybe I should be getting the 21% returned to me that the credit card charges.

After 216 days it's not "getting", it is. I say stay the course until you have no choice.

SVTBolt, there's an entire thread about Carroll Shelby's health. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/73321-from-the-other-shelby-forums-carroll-shelby-noy-doing-well/

At this point, I don't think you're getting a signature. However, I would keep it there and maybe if he begins to feel better, you'll get one.

216 Days and counting

Coming in to this here and not going to go back and read it all but...

If your part has been out to be signed for 216 days I'd bet they don't have it. That's what, something like September? Others have gotten turnaround within that interval. You should really check to see that they have it in their possession and that it is (1) never received [check your shipping confirmation] or (2) still there or (3) returned to you but you never got it [check shipping confirmation - tracking info may be gone already].

Good luck

My first post. I ordered my dash plate on July 9th 2011 and also have not received it yet and i,m in the states . I'm willing to wait it out and am hopeing old CS pulls through . I wonder how many diecast cars Shelby-American had him sign while our dash plates were being held up in customs.

Team Shelby did a horrible job tracking this I ordered mine 7/22/2011. I don't blame CS. I blame team Shelby for being unorganized people that ordered after me got the plaque and all they say is we don't control this

237 Days, Easter isn't gonna happen. Maybe Memorial Day.

Have you read this thread, it's never going to happen......

http://www.teamshelb...50#entry1279550

Continuously posting the number of days isn't going to somehow change the facts. I understand your frustration, but it is what it is....

I almost pulled the trigger on buying a second air bag cover to have sent it in for another autograph until I read David's post a few days ago.

Thanks for the info,

Just got my refund. Everyone in the plaque program should really do the same. Auto signatures are not worth $363 and the rest of the buy off is junk that would collect dust.

In 1991, after his life-saving heart transplant, Mr. Shelby decided to use his position in life to help those less fortunate. He made a deal with “the big guy upstairs” that if he survived he would help in any way he could. Carroll started the Carroll Shelby Heart Fund, today known as the Carroll Shelby Foundation, to support organ and tissue donation for children as well as education. Over the past 20 years Mr. Shelby has given much of his time to sit with his fans and autograph their prized possession. His commitment to giving back has allowed the Carroll Shelby Foundation to donate to a myriad of medical establishments, individuals and other organizations.

It's not about the signature. While this is a bonus, its about all the folks CS has touched with the Foundation. Priceless. I hope you can see beyond the signature.

In 1991, after his life-saving heart transplant, Mr. Shelby decided to use his position in life to help those less fortunate. He made a deal with “the big guy upstairs” that if he survived he would help in any way he could. Carroll started the Carroll Shelby Heart Fund, today known as the Carroll Shelby Foundation, to support organ and tissue donation for children as well as education. Over the past 20 years Mr. Shelby has given much of his time to sit with his fans and autograph their prized possession. His commitment to giving back has allowed the Carroll Shelby Foundation to donate to a myriad of medical establishments, individuals and other organizations.

It's not about the signature. While this is a bonus, its about all the folks CS has touched with the Foundation. Priceless. I hope you can see beyond the signature.

"see beyond the signature".................. :salute:

Great post Harald.

Very nicely said Harald!

Spoken like a man that already got his signature.

guy we know ur upset, u dont have to remind us every single day. Give it a rest.

You cant do anything about CS not feeling well enough to do this anymore. I am upset too because I waited to long before I decided to send something out to be signed but I am not going to cry about it everyday on here wanting someone to do something. It had to come to end sometime.

So to sum it up,

"Made in china and autopen signature"

OK, I think we all got it a long time ago. You're bitter. Sorry you didn't get your signed dash plaque but what is done is done, nothing is going to change, and all you're doing is making yourself come across like a little kid that wanted the orange crayon when the kid before you used it up.

You will do nothing to endear yourself to other members of this forum.

There is an adage about kicking rattle snakes on he trail. Best now to let this one rest and move on.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Not really concerned about the other members and not upset with CS. I completely understand he is having health issues. What I am upset about is the lack of customer service displayed by the store that collected my money back in Aug when CS was healthy and mismanaged the process. Furthermore complicated by the fact that orders werent fullfilled first come first serve. Many people have purchased or sent items for signatures after my purchase date and recieved them long ago.

Customer service is a lost art and the more people just grin and bare it the worst it will become, much like young people and their lack of manors.

Archived