TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Signed Dash Plaque

svtbolt2001

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just came form the Foundation, you can also contact the email on the list to see where your order is in-line. Unfortunalty we can't promise any time frame going forward at this time and have removed all signature items temporarily. We are very sorry for the delay. Anyone how wishes not to wait can get a full refund.

"Thank you for your interest in Carroll Shelby’s autograph. At the young age of 89, Mr. Shelby is scaling back his day-to-day activities. This includes the Carroll Shelby Foundation’s autograph program.

Due to the overwhelming number of autograph requests received, CSF has suspended the autograph program. We are currently at full capacity for autograph requests. Once we complete signing our current inventory, we will reopen the program for new requests.

If you currently have an item at the Foundation for a signature please contact Jerome@cscf.org at the Foundation for an update on your request. "

This just came form the Foundation, you can also contact the email on the list to see where your order is in-line. Unfortunalty we can't promise any time frame going forward at this time and have removed all signature items temporarily. We are very sorry for the delay. Anyone how wishes not to wait can get a full refund.

"Thank you for your interest in Carroll Shelby’s autograph. At the young age of 89, Mr. Shelby is scaling back his day-to-day activities. This includes the Carroll Shelby Foundation’s autograph program.

Due to the overwhelming number of autograph requests received, CSF has suspended the autograph program. We are currently at full capacity for autograph requests. Once we complete signing our current inventory, we will reopen the program for new requests.

If you currently have an item at the Foundation for a signature please contact Jerome@cscf.org at the Foundation for an update on your request. "

Thank you Sharon.

Looks like the signatures are going to be much more difficult to get. I'm sure everyone saw this comming. Totally understandable.

For those that waited to do this, you might be SOL.

http://www.cscf.org/...olls-autograph/

:yup:

Like everything.........good things always come to an end. Stay tough Mr. Shelby :worship:

I am at 188 days (7/23/2011) and I sent Jerome an email, his response:

If it is a dash plaque ordered through Shelby Performance Parts, we do not have any customer information. They send us the plaques in large quantities and we have them signed and sent back to SPP. The autograph program is currently suspended, so if they don't have it, then there is a possibility that it will not be signed for a while. If you would like a refund you can contact someone at SPP for any further assistance. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Based on this email Jerome has no customer information and no status!

Sorry guys, I wish that I could give you a better answer. If you contact Kameronh@shelbyamerican.com he can tell you if the item is at the foundation but even if it isn't it looks like it could be a little while until the items can be signed. The Dash plaques are ordered in from China and then sent to the Foundation. I know that we have about 100 or so dash plaques that are not at the foundation yet but those are not the 5-6 months waiting ones, those ones are the newer orders.

Again I am very sorry, for those of you that do not wish to wait please contact Kameronh@shelbyamerican.com and he can refund your total money.

Sharon Elliott

Unfortunatly the US can not match the quality and or the price that China can. I have tried a few places in the states and it is never the quality as the ones we have had since 2007.

I don't completely disagree, but quality can be found in manufacturing here in the US. It costs more and that's the reason companies go outside for product.

Real shame, but that's free enterprise.

Unfortunatly the US can not match the quality and or the price that China can. I have tried a few places in the states and it is never the quality as the ones we have had since 2007.

I respectfully disagree, and I'll explain. Many of U.S. (T.S. members) will not knowingly buy Chineese parts for our Shelby Mustangs. I would gladly pay more for American made parts. I'm not saying that buying foriegn parts is bad for a beater, just that I would never knowingly buy foriegn parts for my GT500.

I also know Americans make better products for Americans, you don't know what your getting with Chineese materials.

I am sorry that people are unhappy, we have sold this product for over 5 years and have sold thousands of them. I have put lots of time and money in to having US companies send me samples and none that I had done could match the quality or price of the product that we have currently. We always look for products to be made in the US frist but some times it just can't be done. Again I always look for US first but sometimes we have to decide do we want to charge double for a lower quality or double for the same quality. I know it is not the popular choice but I have been doing this for over 5 years and I have seen that the US has gotten alot better at offering quality products in the US and some have even beaten the prices of overseas production, However some specialty products have not gotten there yet. Again I am sorry that some of you are not happy with the product you have ordered. If you wish to return it or cancel the product please contact us at SPP and we can do this.

I am sorry that people are unhappy, we have sold this product for over 5 years and have sold thousands of them. I have put lots of time and money in to having US companies send me samples and none that I had done could match the quality or price of the product that we have currently. We always look for products to be made in the US frist but some times it just can't be done. Again I always look for US first but sometimes we have to decide do we want to charge double for a lower quality or double for the same quality. I know it is not the popular choice but I have been doing this for over 5 years and I have seen that the US has gotten alot better at offering quality products in the US and some have even beaten the prices of overseas production, However some specialty products have not gotten there yet. Again I am sorry that some of you are not happy with the product you have ordered. If you wish to return it or cancel the product please contact us at SPP and we can do this.

You said since 2007, so does this mean my 2007 plaque is Chineese? It has Mr. Shelby's signature and is stuck to my dash like no tomorrow, so I don't want a refund. I can honestly tell you, American's make better parts than the Chineese. Would you rather fly on an American made aircraft or a Chineese? I think you would say American 7 days a week.

Suppliers are a larger problem that one would think > check this article out.

A little story though: When I lived in South Florida, aside from the F150 and Ford Mustang, I didn't care about what happened to Detroit....Michigan was over 1,300 miles away. And that's despite the fact that my mom and grandfather worked at GM in good positions. Part of it was because Florida wasn't a manufacturing state and the other was the import car influence.

When I moved to Dearborn, my perspective changed as did my surroundings. Like my Prussian and Austrian grandparents used to tell me - you must support industry in your county. I now had a better idea as to why.

Working for Shelby American, making products in North America has always been a priority with me. There are sometimes however, that this is not possible. There are many times when I scratch my head and wonder why we cannot find manufacturers who can deliver parts to us that are quality, competitive or in a timely manner. Naturally, Shelby would pay more to make items in N.A. when we can, even when it effects margins.

There are sometimes though, when the horse race isn't even close - making certain items "locally" costs a whole lot more. And guess what - despite people stating that they'd glady pay more, we get calls and e-mails stating that those certain items are too expensive and we need to offer a more economical part. Moreover, the parts just do sell that well because of their price points. If the prices are close enough though, we'll forgo the margins and make parts locally. If people don't have jobs, they cannot buy your products.

Aside from that though - I belive that every country must support their industries and make sure that they are healthy....yet, to a fair extent I support free trade. Case in point: One of the largest auto manufacturers in China is GM. Yes, they partner with a local Chinese maker, however, a large bulk of the profits from vehicles sold in China from GM (and Ford) come back to the U.S. So on one hand, we don't want Chinese products here, but on the other, we're over there selling our products to their consumers too. It's not an easy forumula.

In the end though, we'd prefer to support and make parts in countries when people buy our products: Canada, E.U., U.S., etc. Some times it isn't possible but we do make a serious effort to try.

I wanted to also add that the majority of our apparel line is finished in the U.S. Hats is the lone exception. It does in fact cost us more per piece, but the small businesses that we work with are growing. They are slowly expanding by hiring more people and adding square feet to their facilities.

If you compare the soft line goods that Shelby sold in the gift shop and online from 2007 to today, their product quality has come a long, long way. But, we've worked with companies on screen print quality, embroidery quality and material quality too.

Companies like Shelby and others of all sizes can make a difference in their purchasing sourcing preferences. It's a cooperative effort, but it can be done.

I must give Shelby props though to actively forgo margins in this tight economy in order to support local, small businesses.

I know that no one wants there money back, but I can't promise any time frame for any signed item that is in the sytem at this point. We have removed all signed items and this is out of our control. I am happy to give a full refund at anytime to anyone that does not want to wait. Again I am very sorry for this delay.

I know that no one wants there money back, but I can't promise any time frame for any signed item that is in the sytem at this point. We have removed all signed items and this is out of our control. I am happy to give a full refund at anytime to anyone that does not want to wait. Again I am very sorry for this delay.

It's a real shame and it's completely out of your control, so no blame towards you our your staff Sharon. I hope this gets worked out for everyone and that Mr. Shelby is feeling better real soon.

It's a real shame and it's completely out of your control, so no blame towards you our your staff Sharon. I hope this gets worked out for everyone and that Mr. Shelby is feeling better real soon.

+1

I just wished I hadn't of procrastinated on sending in my second air bag cover in sooner. Oh well, at least I have the one signed along with a 1:24 chrome GT350 diecast. I hope Mr. Shelby gets to feeling better and is able to get caught up and resume siging again.

Dan

Archived