TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Deep Impact Blue & White Stripe Walk Around Video

bpmurr

So what do you guys think. Stripe or Stripe Delete with Deep Impact Blue? I'm still torn because of the blackout across the back. I really liked my 2010 Kona Blue with White stripes however the white on the seat wore quickly. My Sterling Sliver 2011 looked awesome with stripe delete. Decisions...decisions!

Most likely the way I'll order mine. I can't wait for this summer! :)

Somethin' ain't right.

That car doesn't have the new 3-piece front spoiler on it like what's been advertised.

Phill

So what do you guys think. Stripe or Stripe Delete with Deep Impact Blue? I'm still torn because of the blackout across the back. I really liked my 2010 Kona Blue with White stripes however the white on the seat wore quickly. My Sterling Sliver 2011 looked awesome with stripe delete. Decisions...decisions!

Nice shade of blue...still like Grabber Blue better. The stripes look kind of weird on the back being broken up into 3 pieces like that - don't think it looks good.

bpmurr,

Like you, I have a 2011 IS SD SVTPP. I'm not a big fan of the striped seat inserts. Although I have considered painted OTT stripes, I prefer the understated, below the radar SD look. To me, other than the quad exhaust on the 2013... the rear seems to be too "busy". It doesn't flow like the 2007-2009's or the 2010-2012's. In particular, what's with the extra wide license plate space??? That being the case, I'll probably be looking for another SD when it comes to the 2013 because IMO, it will tend to diminish that flaw.

Other than that... great video! Thanks.

That being the case, I'll probably be looking for another SD when it comes to the 2013 because IMO, it will tend to diminish that flaw.

Agreed Svt Naja - I think stripe delete is the way to go! I would get that on a grabber blue - if I was just dreaming about getting a new car. lol.

Cool colour....I like it.not sure if I like it more than Kona.....What I DIDNT like bout kona was that it occasionally looks purple. When it catches the light however.....damn its a nice shade of blue. This one looks like a good alternative. What I've noticed though is that the 2013 looks much better paired with black stripes because of the very reason mentioned above..when its sectioned off it looks funny in white. The all black panels and plate area meld into the black stripes so they aren't as off putting. Same goes for the glass roof which I didn't like before but can't get enough of on the Grabber car. Grabber blue is the next one for me!

There is something cool about grabber blue.

Definitely. Among the sea of black and grey cars out there it stands out like Waldo in a crowd and when it catches your attention, it's like getting hit in the face with a brick. As it hits you and you pass out, everyone else around you notices too and points it out. Grabber / black should have been an option in 2010 when they brought the 2010 refresh. I remember doing photoshop manips of the grabber white to see what black looked like and fell in love / became depressed that it wasn't a factory option. Fast forward to 2013 and wa wa we wa! With that said, I love my Kona Blue and don't regret it at all. Deep impact looks like it'll have that .. presence... that will draw a large crowd. It's pretty slick and I love that it doesn't have that purple tinge that Kona tends to have. Over all, the new colours of Candy Red and Deep Impact blue as well as the new striping options are really making the 2013 stand out. Thumbs up all around!

Call me crazy but I miss the skinny SVT stripes.

The more I stare and gaze at the 2013 the more I think I may wait until the next gen in 2015. Added performance just is not worth the financial hit, I'm gonna need a dramatic visual change like a new gen to make the jump.

I love the new color. But, is there anyone besides me who is just tired of dark colored wheels? I mean, everyone gets you have a high-performance car without making them look like you drove cross-country.... I know alot of you guys like the dark colored wheels, but how about just a nice 5-spoke wheel option in either polished aluminum or chrome. I think that would give Deep Impact Blue, as well as other darker colors a little more pop. It shouldn't matter if you order the upgraded track/handling packages...we should have our choice of wheel options.

Just a point to ponder!

Sudguy4

I love the new color. But, is there anyone besides me who is just tired of dark colored wheels? I mean, everyone gets you have a high-performance car without making them look like you drove cross-country.... I know alot of you guys like the dark colored wheels, but how about just a nice 5-spoke wheel option in either polished aluminum or chrome. I think that would give Deep Impact Blue, as well as other darker colors a little more pop. It shouldn't matter if you order the upgraded track/handling packages...we should have our choice of wheel options.

Just a point to ponder!

Sudguy4

Go back and read all the replies...No one hates the dark dull ricer looking wheels more than I do I agree with you 100%

Why in the heck with this kind of car don't they give the buyer at least 3 options of wheel color and style is beyond me.

These dull wheels do nothing for the beautiful lines of this car IMO...Just go look at any Stang SS with the chrome wheels

that says it all..Class!!!!

I like the different look of the wheels in the 2011-2012 models and while I think Chrome looks great these wheels can look good while dirty while Chrome looks much worse dirty.

I do miss the 5 spoke Saleen wheels on my 99 S281...so easy to clean and looked amazing. I support the multi-choice option.

I would say though if they optioned the wheels it would probably make the wheels more expensive for them since they would be ordered in lower quantities as well hard to stock etc. Since these wheels are all made overseas and the production of the GT500 is so limited, perhaps it is just a matter of economics.

Archived