TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Door speaker

stang1driver

I have a shaker 1000 but my drivers door speaker (the small one) it is vibrating I took the door panel off and tighten the screws

it sounded good but after a couple runs it started to vibrate again has any one eles had this problems. I spoke with the chairman from AAI he said it made need more sound deading. I'm thinking about just replacing both of the speakers

hmmm mine might be loose. i figured it was a crappy speaker that needed to me replaced. ive heard they arent the best quality. they only one that turns it up loud enough to make it do it is the wife..... i just tell her its a "race car" not a damn boom box lol

not sure how its secured since i havnt looked up loc tight maybe? or most are just screws, maybe a small screw/nut/loc washer?

I have a shaker 1000 but my drivers door speaker (the small one) it is vibrating I took the door panel off and tighten the screws

it sounded good but after a couple runs it started to vibrate again has any one eles had this problems. I spoke with the chairman from AAI he said it made need more sound deading. I'm thinking about just replacing both of the speakers

I had this very same issue. It was the passenger side. I thought it might be the speakers so I just did the Kicker upgrade with the 4.1 amp. I also strategically placed several felt pads (used on bottom of chairs on hard floors) in locations that I thought might cause the vibration. Pic below see orange dots...

Also link to thread if you'd like to peruse it...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/70133-door-panel-vibration-with-stereo-heavy-bass/page__p__1200487?do=findComment&comment=1204490

IMG_3139-1.jpg

I had this very same issue. It was the passenger side. I thought it might be the speakers so I just did the Kicker upgrade with the 4.1 amp. I also strategically placed several felt pads (used on bottom of chairs on hard floors) in locations that I thought might cause the vibration. Pic below see orange dots...

Also link to thread if you'd like to peruse it...

http://www.teamshelb...87#entry1204490

IMG_3139-1.jpg

Great idea JG. :worship:

I replaced all the factory 5 X 7 speakers in my convertible with Pioneer TS-A6872P speakers -- it made a huge improvement in the sound quality. I also installed the Kicker system on my wife's GT a couple of years ago and was very pleased with it over the Shaker 1000.

• 1 month later...

if you wanted sound deadening and anything else deadened, you should have asked, I would have sent you some of my ex-wife's gravy. But forget getting the panels back off again anytime soon. LMAO.gif

Serious though, I've always been a Pioneer guy, but have held off upgrading my Shaker 500. Year before last Ford put a new head unit in when mine failed for no apparent reason (I never used the CD, I always use the iPod connection). I'm planning on a Pioneer head and Boston Acustics speakers this summer sometime, but the good vibe on Pioneer speakers has me rethinking it some.

I have the same rattle, it seems it's exactly where you have pointed it out, mine is around the power buttons on the armrest. It will be interesting to hear the changes with a Dynamat workover, new head and speakers.

• 3 months later...

I just had an entire new system installed, the installer, being the pro he is, was checking for rattles before he started. I told him I had one in the door, it was a missing clip in the back of the panel that holds the window switches, you might check there....

I went with a custom 2 way speaker, silk dome tweeter and sep. 6.5" mid, and crossover. it was a perfect fit after he did a little of his magic.

They sound fantastic at any level, the new subs are great too.

SAM_1933.jpg

SAM_1939.jpg

Archived