TEAM SHELBY FORUM

fuggin snap - pebbles bouncing down freeway

jeredh

the rare day of the week fell today...i got to take the car to work. 65 degrees and sunny...weather has been good...no snow or nothing like that. Suddenly I realize that instantaneously my lunch break becomes a reason to drive across town to visit a client. at lunch i hit the 385 freeway and enter traffic at a respectable speed, and as soon as i get in the far left lane i get to a right hander, and in the turn, tucked away on the left shoulder was a street cleaner brushing the ^@#%!ng shoulder. an enormous barrage of pebbles were bouncing across all 3 lanes. by instinct i made like a thief and jumped two lanes to an exit ramp and wallowed in the thought of how bad the damage. to be honest i really haven't inspected fully...i got just the first sight of specks, flecks and dirt-smears on the front left corner when i first looked, and turned around and got back into the car. the good news is that i put a super thick coat of Maguire's on about two weeks ago. dammit I'm pissed.

the sound all those rocks made when they hit the 500 will never leave my head. kmn

Sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully there is no acutal damage, just debri from the pebbles. This is actually one of my most fears when driving the 500. I thought about doing a 3m clear bra but there is not one available for 10-12 models. What type of Maguire's coating did you apply? Wax?

Sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully there is no acutal damage, just debri from the pebbles. This is actually one of my most fears when driving the 500. I thought about doing a 3m clear bra but there is not one available for 10-12 models.

Yes there is. My car is wearing one.

clear bra is the answer mine has been on from 2 weeks after i purchased th car ( not one chip) well worth the money if done by the pros

Me too. Had the rockers done behind the front wheels too. The OEM SVTPP Goodyear's sure do pick up alot of rocks, gravel.

Xpel Ultimate Paint Protection and it even self heals!! Awesome finish.

http://www.xpel.com/products/xpel_ultimate_paint_protection_film.asp

Sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully there is no acutal damage, just debri from the pebbles. This is actually one of my most fears when driving the 500. I thought about doing a 3m clear bra but there is not one available for 10-12 models. What type of Maguire's coating did you apply? Wax?

glad to report that there is no real damage done. minor scuffing that will wash out. i put a coat of Meguiars Carnauba Plus on the car. Next time it will be Zaino :)

Archived