TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A new angle for the Super Snake/KR gauges...............

Amigo Phil:

I won this yesterday:

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649

And now I am wonder what I am going to do? :idea:

WHOA! That's a oil TEMP gauge, not a oil PRESSURE gauge.

The Shelby dash pod you gave a link to comes with a Vac/Boost gauge, a Fuel Press. gauge and a Oil PRESSURE gauge.

I've never seen a Carroll Shelby sig (Autometer CF face) gauge showing oil TEMP.

The three gauges I will eventually run will be Vac/Boost, Fuel Press & Oil Temp. I have a idiot light to tell me when my oil pressure is low so I don't need a guage to tell me the same thing but oil TEMP is a very important parameter to monitor.

Good catch!

I wonder if it will fit in a Roush vent pod?

I also notice the guy never answered the question on if he has the other two gauges....

EDIT: Uh oh, I don't see a temperature sender with the gauge. I wonder if you can get that separately?

Phill

The Shelby dash pod you gave a link to comes with a Vac/Boost gauge, a Fuel Press. gauge and a Oil PRESSURE gauge.

I've never seen a Carroll Shelby sig (Autometer CF face) gauge showing oil TEMP.

The three gauges I will eventually run will be Vac/Boost, Fuel Press & Oil Temp. I have a idiot light to tell me when my oil pressure is low so I don't need a guage to tell me the same thing but oil TEMP is a very important parameter to monitor.

Good catch!

I also notice the guy never answered the question on if he has the other two gauges....

EDIT: Uh oh, I don't see a temperature sender with the gauge. I wonder if you can get that separately?

Phill

Phill - I believe that Oil Temp. gauge was used in place of the boost gauge in the Shelby GT's.................I think?

I saw it on eBay also, but I was concerned about it's "used" condition and why it was removed? I think the new gauge like that can be bought for approx. $100, with a warranty.

R

Good catch!

Phill

Phil:

I will let you know when I get it. but my concern is where can I get a dash pod to put it...

I had to provide proof of Super Snake ownership to purchase the gauges. Actually I already had a new fuel pressure gauge. I had problem with the sending unit and the gauge kit was shipped to me a few months ago, the sending unit was the issue. That is why I decided to buy the other two gauges to complete the set. The pod I bought from a member on this forum.

BTW - The Fuel Pressure gauge is the expensive one, over $200. The oil and boost are around $100ea.

The angle rings are OEM to the gauge manufacturer so they fit these gauges like they are made for them.

R

Hello buddy.....do you know the brand of the pod?

Hello buddy.....do you know the brand of the pod?

It is designed and manufactured by or exclusively for Shelby.

Phill

Phil:

I will let you know when I get it. but my concern is where can I get a dash pod to put it...

Did you search the Autometer site? I know they have a couple of different gauge pods on their site.

Or you could hog out a Shelby or Ford Racing pod with a die grinder or Dremel tool.

Phill

Phill - I believe that Oil Temp. gauge was used in place of the boost gauge in the Shelby GT's.................I think?

Now that you mention it, I think you're right. I know they replaced the vac/boost gauge with SOMETHING and Oil Temp makes sense...or maybe it was Water Temp?

It used to be listed on the SPP site but I don't think it's there anymore and I THINK that they acutally discontinued the SGT offering.

Phill

I don't know what vendor makes it for Shelby, but here is a link to it throug SPP................

http://www.shelbysto...ct-p/cgc-ho.htm

They also offer it with no holes drilled.

R

Thanks mi amigo.....my problem will be resolved but.......can I place that pod in my 2012? Will it fit? Or it is for 2007-2009 dash?

post-33685-0-75880700-1330633446_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-96170300-1330633487_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-75880700-1330633446_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-96170300-1330633487_thumb.jpg

> but.......can I place that pod in my 2012? Will it fit? Or it is for 2007-2009 dash? <

And THAT'S the million dollar question!

You want to be the guniea pig?

And will the larger dia. gauges fit if you cut holes for them?

Phill

Phill

Fit in the 2010-up - Not sure.

Gauge size on this dash pod is the 2-5/8" which would be the larger gauges, not the smaller 2-1/16" pillar gauges.

If someone has the smaller 2-1/16" pillar gauges and wants to mount them in the dash pod, the blank (not drilled) pod would be the choice and custom drill it for the smaller diameter gauges.

R

Gauge size on this dash pod is the 2-5/8" which would be the larger gauges, not the smaller 2-1/16" pillar gauges.

If someone has the smaller 2-1/16" pillar gauges and wants to mount them in the dash pod, the blank (not drilled) pod would be the choice and custom drill it for the smaller diameter gauges.

R

What year is your car?

Phill

This is that Justin Adler from Shelby Parts answered to my question:

We only carry a gauge pod for 2007-2009. I apologize for this inconvenience.

I spent around two hours online looking for an universal dash pod fitting 2 5/8" gauges and I didnt get any positive results. So I think that I will have listed on ebay as soon as I get it :rockon:

On the gauge pod fitting the '10+ MY, I'm thinking probably not otherwise I think Shelby would'a kept using them on the later Super Snakes.

I forgot the dash pod gauges were the larger ones. I was thinking he had one of the larger ones because I thought his had the Shelby signature on it, which aren't on the smaller A-pillar mounted gauges and if he had a large dia. gauge, he should be able to use the pre-drilled item from SPP.

Now I'm *really* confused!

Phill

I spent around two hours online looking for an universal dash pod fitting 2 5/8" gauges and I didnt get any positive results. So I think that I will have listed on ebay as soon as I get it :rockon:

LOL...Easy come, easy go!

Phill

On the gauge pod fitting the '10+ MY, I'm thinking probably not otherwise I think Shelby would'a kept using them on the later Super Snakes.

I forgot the dash pod gauges were the larger ones. I was thinking he had one of the larger ones because I thought his had the Shelby signature on it, which aren't on the smaller A-pillar mounted gauges and if he had a large dia. gauge, he should be able to use the pre-drilled item from SPP.

Now I'm *really* confused!

Phill

Amigo Phil....it looks like that dash (top part) is the same for 2007-2012. I asked to my guy in Ford Tousley. Here is a picture of my dash and I compared with 2007-2009 and looks the same. At least in the center.....what do you think? if its the same then the pod from Shelby willl fit in.

Robert M. has a 2008 and he can help us about this question....

post-33685-0-58802000-1330706976_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-58802000-1330706976_thumb.jpg

Amigo Phil....it looks like that dash (top part) is the same for 2007-2012. I asked to my guy in Ford Tousley. Here is a picture of my dash and I compared with 2007-2009 and looks the same. At least in the center.....what do you think? if its the same then the pod from Shelby willl fit in.

I have a 2010 so I have the same dash as you do.

I don't know what the earlier dash looks like but my local dealer has a couple of pre-owned GT5's on their lot so next time I'm in I'll try to remember to look at the dash and see.

I'm only ASSUMING that they are different because Shelby didn't continue to use them in the 2010 Super Snakes but...<??SHRUG??>

Phill

I have a 2010 so I have the same dash as you do.

I don't know what the earlier dash looks like but my local dealer has a couple of pre-owned GT5's on their lot so next time I'm in I'll try to remember to look at the dash and see.

I'm only ASSUMING that they are different because Shelby didn't continue to use them in the 2010 Super Snakes but...<??SHRUG??>

Phill

Maybe they think that there more cool?

I was told the reason Shelby didn't continue using the gauge pod in the center of the dash for the '10 and up model year was because of the sensor for the auto lights. It would interfere with this and probably cause more problems, I suppose they didn't feel like modifying it. If this was already mentioned I apologize, read as much of the thread as I had time for.

I was told the reason Shelby didn't continue using the gauge pod in the center of the dash for the '10 and up model year was because of the sensor for the auto lights. It would interfere with this and probably cause more problems, I suppose they didn't feel like modifying it. If this was already mentioned I apologize, read as much of the thread as I had time for.

No, I have not seen this mentioned before. This is good info.

R

Good point....so now more that I think more that I am sure that the dash (top part) is the same.

Mi amigo Phil. The picture at the top is from 2007 Shelby. The picture below is my car........I see the dash identical, do you?

It looks real damn close. The early dash looks narrower in the part that dips (in the pic) but it could just be the angle/depth of the photo.

Maybe someone with a early dash could measure between the two points and give you the dimensions.

Phill

It looks real damn close. The early dash looks narrower in the part that dips (in the pic) but it could just be the angle/depth of the photo.

Maybe someone with a early dash could measure between the two points and give you the dimensions.

Phill

Robert M...can you help us? Maybe he can make a tempate and mail to us.......Or I can order the pod from CS and try ...if it wont fit, I will return it...

Robert M...can you help us? Maybe he can make a tempate and mail to us.......Or I can order the pod from CS and try ...if it wont fit, I will return it...

The gauge pod that in my pictures above is a "spare" set for my car. The original gauge pod that was part of my Super Snake conversion is still attached to my dash.

Just a thought....................If you need the measurements from a 2007-2009 for comparision purposes, I would guess that the V6 and Mustang GT models would have the same dash pad contours, maybe there is one for sale locally at a car lot in your area, to get a quick measure?

R

Archived