TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2006 & 2007 GT-H Build, ask questions

Larry mentioned in a previous post in this thread - "Hertz definitely wanted to connect the 1966 and 2006 cars, even though SAI would not call the GT-H the GT-350H". It may have been mentioned before, but why didn't SAI want to call it the GT-350H again? Inquiring minds want to know. :shrug:

Larry mentioned in a previous post in this thread - "Hertz definitely wanted to connect the 1966 and 2006 cars, even though SAI would not call the GT-H the GT-350H". It may have been mentioned before, but why didn't SAI want to call it the GT-350H again? Inquiring minds want to know. :shrug:

+1

• 7 months later...

Hi tangdriver,

There were 500 production 2006 coupes. 496 of them were automatics and 4 of them were 5 speeds.

There were 500 production 2007 convertibles. 483 of them were automatics and 17 of them were 5 speeds.

I know there were a couple of prototypes built as well including at least 1 2006 Convertible and I think 3 or 4 2006 coupe prototypes as well.

QSS

On 10/10/2015 at 1:47 AM, tangdiver said:

Any idea of price of a 2007 GTH convertible with 30k miles. Sorry still new to this stuff. Thank you for all information

Just a suggestion...........take a look at the thread entitled "25+ GTHs for sale..........." in this same topic area. It lists both '06 and '07 Hertz cars currently for sale. The ads will at least give you a starting point.

Edited by HERTZ II

• 2 years later...
On 2/10/2012 at 12:46 PM, GTH391 said:

The windowas and lack of Hertz badging on the fender were the tip offs to me.

I am curious though about the front fascia paint. Did they all come from Shelby with the bottom edge and bottom center scoop painted? I've seen some without paint on the lower edge.

I'd like to know the answer to this question. My lower facia on 06H0095 is unpainted. 

See pics from my arrival post. 

Edited by IASHELBYGT

1 hour ago, IASHELBYGT said:

I'd like to know the answer to this question. My lower facia on 06H0095 is unpainted. 

See pics from my arrival post. 

Every 2006 that I have seen in person the lower Facia has been painted.  I thought there was some discussion on this.  You may want to do a search.    

Thanks Harald. I wonder if it was replaced at some point in rental service? Would Hertz have records on that? When I had the car on a lift this week. The fuel line cover on left side of car had a big hole in it and right side frame rail had scratches, like car hit big speed bump at speed, or went off road possibly.

I wonder if damaged front facia too and Hertz replaced it. Nothing on Carfax though about reported damage. Hmmm, I'll have to research further.

Dave

Speed bump damage (scratches scrapes) underside is not uncommon.  Hole in fuel filter cover not sure about.  HERTZ may have replaced facia as it could have been damaged by a parking lot stop block.  Are all pieces there?  I mean the there is a filler and plastic skid plate attached to facia.   I don't think it would show on Carfax unless it went to body shop.  Maybe someone else can answer that with more certainty.  That said, you should be able to get a new fuel filter cover.  Your facia does not look bad in matt finish.   

11 hours ago, H0050 said:

Speed bump damage (scratches scrapes) underside is not uncommon.  Hole in fuel filter cover not sure about.  HERTZ may have replaced facia as it could have been damaged by a parking lot stop block.  Are all pieces there?  I mean the there is a filler and plastic skid plate attached to facia.   I don't think it would show on Carfax unless it went to body shop.  Maybe someone else can answer that with more certainty.  That said, you should be able to get a new fuel filter cover.  Your facia does not look bad in matt finish.   

Yep, got that on order already. I need to inspect undercarriage some more to see if any other damage and get an alignment done.

13 hours ago, IASHELBYGT said:

Yep, got that on order already. I need to inspect undercarriage some more to see if any other damage and get an alignment done.

Look for signatures  Usually on side of frame rail.   Maze is a common one.  Also some times there are signatures under the GT-H hood padding.  Enjoy and get her dialed in.   

26 minutes ago, H0050 said:

Look for signatures  Usually on side of frame rail.   Maze is a common one.  Also some times there are signatures under the GT-H hood padding.  Enjoy and get her dialed in.   

Sweet!!! They left Easter Eggs on those cars??? :happyfeet: 

My 2007 Hertz had a "Heart" drawn on the oil pan by one of their technicians!  Saw it when I crawled under to do an oil change several months after I got the car last year.I guess they all really loved what they were building at that time and knew that these cars were quite special.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:31 AM, H0050 said:

Yep, found D MAZE on inside passenger frame rail

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, kennethsg said:

Does anyone know how to determine an '06 GT-H's build date? 

If you are inquiring about the Mustang's build date from the Flat Rock plant......then look at the Hertz owners packet for your car, I believe the build date is printed on both the Monroney window sticker and Certificate of Origin document. 

OR..........Give your vin to your Ford dealer and they can run an Oasis report.