TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1967 Shelby GT 350 Purchase

I have been lucky enough to find and purchase a 1967 Shelby GT350. The nightmist blue, 4 speed car is a very early car, #89. It has the red side marker lights and all the other early pieces. The car has a date correct replacement, K code hipo 289. This is the first non numbers matching car I have owned, but for this car I don't really care.It has been somewhat restored but will eventually need new paint. It's been a long time since I've driven a 4 speed. It's a whole different world. I will post pictures shortly.

The '67 Shelby is my all time favorite car. I would be thrilled to own one in any color. Nightmist blue is right there at the top of my list along with Acapulco Blue and Brittany Blue. Can you tell I like blue? I prefer the GT350 over the GT500. To me they are more streetable and have a handling advantage over their big brothers (not that I would be tracking the car if I had one). Does it have inboards or outboards? Stick or Auto? Please give us some more details. Pictures are a definate must.

CONGRATS on an awesome purchase. :worship::camera:

Will work on getting pictures on the site. Thanks. It is really exciting!

This is exciting news Charles, congrats!

I had an opportunity to acquire a 67 350 about 25 years ago, and didn't pull the trigger...It was going to be a car (my '65 Tiger) and cash (after two plus decades, I cant remember exactly, but I think it was 10k)...too rich for me at that time, and I didn't really want to give up the little roadster with the throaty V8...

Can't wait to see the pix

There are a bunch of pictures at www.ctrmotors.com This is where I found the car and eventually bought it for something less than the asking price. Mine and the 67 green, auto right below it came from a family trust. Apparently the gentleman who owned these cars recently passed away There was lots of interest with a few Shelby experts and an MCA judge going over the car. Some buyers wanted a finished car and others wanted a numbers matching one. The engine is a replacement, but is a K code and a nicely built mid 60's Hipo. It didn't bother me about the replacement. There are plenty of original parts on the car. It is all original sheet metal and the underside still retains some red oxide coating. I guess that's correct. I have so much to learn about these cars. If it wasn't for a MCA gold judge inspecting the car with me, I would have been totally out of my league I will include his write up with additional docs that came with the car. I aIso have ordered an Elite Marti on the car. I have always been partial to the GT500. But after driving this car I really love it. Thanks so much for your interest. If anyone lives in the CA bay area, come on by and we'll take a spin!

The '67 Shelby is my all time favorite car. I would be thrilled to own one in any color. Nightmist blue is right there at the top of my list along with Acapulco Blue and Brittany Blue. Can you tell I like blue? I prefer the GT350 over the GT500. To me they are more streetable and have a handling advantage over their big brothers (not that I would be tracking the car if I had one). Does it have inboards or outboards? Stick or Auto? Please give us some more details. Pictures are a definate must.

CONGRATS on an awesome purchase. :worship::camera:

Inboards, 4 speed. The 4 speed is such a trip. I didn't realize how high these engines rev!

Thanks again to all. I'm going to have some freshening done and new paint. There are a few parts I want to replace with originals. Also I got an extra set of ten spoke wheels twith the car. I believe the ten spokes are not original but not real sure. The previous owner could have used these for tracking, By the way, I am selling a Cobra kit car, and two Mach 1's to help finance this car. I'm also considering selling my beloved 74 Pantera to help finance the work I want to do. This life style is not cheap!

Inboards, 4 speed. The 4 speed is such a trip. I didn't realize how high these engines rev!

Those are both great options/features! Yes that J-code 302 is a real screamer. Enjoy it! No lemans stripes, and black interior would seem to be a plus a well. (although, I don't mind top stripes)

Those photos show a very nice driver. Yes, the paint shows some scratches but still looks like a very straight car. I'm sure a fresh coat of paint will make it stand out even more. Very, very cool!!!

to bad I'm on the East Coast, I'd be glad to check it out in person and even lend a helping hand if needed on any upgrades.

Just saw the link now. Looks great in the pix, and all for a good price too.

The wheels are very rare (Kelsey-Hayes MagStars), I sent you a PM before I saw the link.

I'd keep those on the car, and just store the 10 spoke, The K/H look so much better.

I'm down with the stripe delete, looks cleaner, and meaner imo.

Enjoy Charles, can't wait to see it live. I'd be interested in your Pantera too.

Tom

Cali,

I was told that there was no factory stripe in 67. Only a dealer option.

+1.

If you ever want to have a concours '67 it should be sans the LeMans stripes.

Unless you have a dealer invoice that specifies the stripes were added by that dealer, at the original purchase date (very unlikely).

I have been lucky enough to find and purchase a 1967 Shelby GT350. The nightmist blue, 4 speed car is a very early car, #89. It has the red side marker lights and all the other early pieces. The car has a date correct replacement, K code hipo 289. This is the first non numbers matching car I have owned, but for this car I don't really care.It has been somewhat restored but will eventually need new paint. It's been a long time since I've driven a 4 speed. It's a whole different world. I will post pictures shortly.

Congrats On your purchase of your 67` G.T 350 . Only a few ealier cars had the side marks by the scoops. What is your Shelby number?.

I'll add my congratulations on your '67.

One of the things you should do is bookmark the SAAC Forum page. http://www.saac.com/

Scroll down to the 67 Shelby GT350/500 section and browse. Any question you may have about your car

has probably been asked and answered. There is a wealth of information there and if you don't find your question ask and it will get answered quick.

I have had my '67 GT350 for 30+ years (#2928) and have spent the last year restoring it. Just got it back from paint and now starting on putting the hardware back on. The car is a blast to drive so enjoy.

Clarence

Shelby is home from paint.jpg

Shelby is home from paint.jpg

I will check it out and thanks!

Also Go here: http://www.saac.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=67 to update the Shelby Registry since your the new owner.

BTW, the latest registry has a good writeup on your car as well as a picture.

Completed 11/6/66 and shipped 11/7/66 to Northwestern Motor Car Co. in Milwaukee, WI.

among other info.

Clarence

Archived