TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Barrett Jackson

$82,500, If I ever have to sell my 40th, it's going to Barrett Jackson. It didn't even have the 427 Edition on it. I was just funnin with blondiepa shipping her car to Scottsdale. Any second thoughts now turning a quick 40k?

Glad to see it go for that kind of money. Feel for the guy selling 1 of the party of 15 on ebay for $42,000 and so far no takers. Realize it has 10,000 miles, but is still one of the first and well documented with videos on Youtube.

Glad to see it go for that kind of money. Feel for the guy selling 1 of the party of 15 on ebay for $42,000 and so far no takers. Realize it has 10,000 miles, but is still one of the first and well documented with videos on Youtube.

Doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out something isn't right with the sale price, not saying that isn't what is recorded. The guy that sold in the 40s got fair market value.

It does help that Steve Davis is a Shelby nut, and one of the party of 15 owners. So he can "make" people big high on the cars at B-J

Whoa,

Read the ad:

"Summary:

"Powered by a 5.4 Liter supercharged V8 backed by a 6-speed manual. Features include 40th Anniversary badging, CSM numbered plaque, unique aluminum hood with air extractors, rear spoiler and Brembo 14" disc brakes. From the Jimmy Richardson Collection."

Details:

This is an 88 actual mile GT500 40th Anniversary convertible Shelby Super Snake Mustang. This is CSM 07 XL 0148 and it is absolutely loaded. For those unfamiliar with the Super Snake Program, once you purchased the car from your local Ford dealer you then shipped it to the Shelby Modification Center in Las Vegas and paid an additional $30,000 for the Super Snake Package. The Super Snake Package consists of a Ford Racing TVS 660hp supercharged engine transmitting power to a 3.73 ratio rear gear set, a Shelby/Baer braking system with 6-piston calipers up front and new heavy duty rotors on all four corners with 20' Shelby Alcoa Super Snake wheels and Shelby Racing suspension. On the exterior the Super Snake has a special ducted aluminum hood with hood pins, Shelby lettered deck lid, distinctive badges and stripes, sequential tail lights and other carbon fiber body components. The interior is also "Shelby-ed" out with Shelby signature embroidered headrests and floor mats along with other Shelby designed components. This car is as new with only 88 actual miles. Of the total production of 2,694 GT500 convertibles, this car is one of only 220 built with Ebony Black paint and Performance White stripes. From the Jimmy Richardson Collection."

Notice the 1st picture is of a stock GT500 (no doubt how the car looked as new) and the other two are of a 40th but the description is WAY off. The add begins by describing a legitimate 40th with the "correct" CSM but then goes on to describe the car as a "SuperSnake" with "Alcoa wheels" etc, etc. What the heck is a "special ducted aluminum hood"? Unless it was an advertising mistake, the buyer may not have known what he was buying.

Geez, It's nice to know that I too have a "unique aluminum hood with air extractors".

I would love to have seen those 20 foot Alcoa Wheels.

Whoa,

Read the ad:

"Summary:

"Powered by a 5.4 Liter supercharged V8 backed by a 6-speed manual. Features include 40th Anniversary badging, CSM numbered plaque, unique aluminum hood with air extractors, rear spoiler and Brembo 14" disc brakes. From the Jimmy Richardson Collection."

Details:

This is an 88 actual mile GT500 40th Anniversary convertible Shelby Super Snake Mustang. This is CSM 07 XL 0148 and it is absolutely loaded. For those unfamiliar with the Super Snake Program, once you purchased the car from your local Ford dealer you then shipped it to the Shelby Modification Center in Las Vegas and paid an additional $30,000 for the Super Snake Package. The Super Snake Package consists of a Ford Racing TVS 660hp supercharged engine transmitting power to a 3.73 ratio rear gear set, a Shelby/Baer braking system with 6-piston calipers up front and new heavy duty rotors on all four corners with 20' Shelby Alcoa Super Snake wheels and Shelby Racing suspension. On the exterior the Super Snake has a special ducted aluminum hood with hood pins, Shelby lettered deck lid, distinctive badges and stripes, sequential tail lights and other carbon fiber body components. The interior is also "Shelby-ed" out with Shelby signature embroidered headrests and floor mats along with other Shelby designed components. This car is as new with only 88 actual miles. Of the total production of 2,694 GT500 convertibles, this car is one of only 220 built with Ebony Black paint and Performance White stripes. From the Jimmy Richardson Collection."

Notice the 1st picture is of a stock GT500 (no doubt how the car looked as new) and the other two are of a 40th but the description is WAY off. The add begins by describing a legitimate 40th with the "correct" CSM but then goes on to describe the car as a "SuperSnake" with "Alcoa wheels" etc, etc. What the heck is a "special ducted aluminum hood"? Unless it was an advertising mistake, the buyer may not have known what he was buying.

Geez, It's nice to know that I too have a "unique aluminum hood with air extractors".

I would love to have seen those 20 foot Alcoa Wheels.

Did we get those alum hoods???? :hysterical2:

Who ever wrote that "Summary" doesn't know much about these 40th or SS's.

Doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out something isn't right with the sale price, not saying that isn't what is recorded. The guy that sold in the 40s got fair market value.

The only obvious explanation from what little we know why it sold at a premium is the low mileage. The other factor is the 40th was part of the Jimmy Richardson collection who sent 27 cars to Scottsdale from his Big Pop's Garage Museum. :)

I think the individual that purchased the 40th actually thought he was buying a SS, being the car that preceeded the 40th actually was and went for 88k plus commision.In short he got caught up in the moment.

Yea but Steve Davis was explaining this car when it was rolling up to the block, and Davis also has a 40th Shelby, so the winner should of listen to Davis to know what he was bidding on

I think the individual that purchased the 40th actually thought he was buying a SS, being the car that preceeded the 40th actually was and went for 88k plus commision.In short he got caught up in the moment.

Is that a fact or just a speculation? I was there when it went and there was nothing afterwards.

This 40th had upgraded brakes, no super charge modification, silver stripes, Shelby razor wheels. Alum. hoods vents.

Did not see anything that would make this a SS 40th.

Looked like a 40th with upgraded brakes.

The "Summary" speaks of "14" Brembo's", the "Details" uses terms such as "SuperSnake" & "Shelby/Baer" in addtion, the photo shows a TVS so it's as if two car's info had been merged and unless the author was very confused, it appears he was trying to misinform intentionally ("a special ducted aluminum hood with hood pins"?) It's hard to say what went on with this.

Not trying to be a smart ass but how would you know that?

Not trying to be a smart ass but how would you know that?

It is pure speculation on his part. I was there and there was no confusion during or after (unlike the Bugatti Veyron fiasco a couple of years ago.) There is no indication the buyer didn't know exactly what he was getting.

I was watching the broadcast and mentioned to my wife that Steve Davis said the words "SuperSnake" while the camera was showing a stock Eaton supercharger on the car....

Davis most certainly mis-spoke; just hope the buyer bought what he actually intended to buy.

Archived