TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The story of the Terlingua Mustang

Akos (AJ)

Great information and thanks for sharing!

Totally agree that each original Terlingua owner has a unique build story to tell which makes each bunny that much more special.

Mine sure is a weird mixture of kits and options, kind of a 1.5 version of the base package with some performance package options.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great information and thanks for sharing!

Totally agree that each original Terlingua owner has a unique build story to tell which makes each bunny that much more special.

Mine sure is a weird mixture of kits and options, kind of a 1.5 version of the base package with some performance package options.

Is yours supercharged?

No, did not have it installed when Tasca built it, and might go a different route

if I can get a certain newer Ford V6 power plant to fit....

If the one from the Taurus SHO might fit... could be an interesting Frankenstein-style project...

If the one from the Taurus SHO might fit... could be an interesting Frankenstein-style project...

Well, thinking more along the lines of a certain 365 hp TT motor in the current F-150 model line... B) :D

(If it will fit.)

Well, thinking more along the lines of a certain 365 hp TT motor in the current F-150 model line... B) :D

(If it will fit.)

Isn't that the same engine in the SHO, the new Edge Sport and the Lincoln MkT among others? I could look it up, I'm just lazy to do it today...

Yep same, but think, (not sure), that the version used in the F-150 is geared toward north-south alignment in a rwd platform while the others are based on a fwd set up that is the basis for the awd in the SHO and other models.

Think the F-150 version, with trany, might be easier to plug into a Mustang--still doing the research on this possibility.

I hear there is one...maybe a vert?!?! :spiteful:

Looks like you could have purchased the "first" one about a year ago...

KC1210-100988_4.jpg?lastmod=120410145342

http://www.mecum.com...88&entryRow=380

High Bid was $37K in Dec 2010, but didn't sell...

I have actually seen this car going down I-70 as I was heading out to Manhattan, KS one weekend...

If I remember correctly, the original owner was living in Topeka, but needed to sell this car soon after it was converted out in Las Vegas...

There are actually two Grabber Orange Verts running around. One belongs to Dave Forsythe (Thumper) and the other no one knows about.

However, the vert Mike was talking about might have been different.303109_1999244581280_1248508606_1737125_741883150_n.jpg

Is your check engine light on?

no....

it will be! :hysterical:

(palm springs caravan joke!)

sweet pic SC!

There are actually two Grabber Orange Verts running around. One belongs to Dave Forsythe (Thumper) and the other no one knows about.

However, the vert Mike was talking about might have been different.303109_1999244581280_1248508606_1737125_741883150_n.jpg

Looks like it was smuggled across the border with some guys in sombreros.

Who are these renegades?

6756752953_6494b7ee36_o.jpg

AJ, there are two, both Grabber Orange.

The black bunny above is a very rare frankenbunny, rumor has it terrorizing unsuspecting pygmicans in and around Oklahoma and Texas for the last six months. Its kinda like another Terlingua mystery known as Bigfoot. No one never knows when and where they gonna show up and only few have really seen them. LOL

I'm confused... :confused:

....So when did 'Sharon' convert her 'Terlingua' into a convertible, :shift:

and become the 'Captain of a Car Ferry on Lake Michigan...??? :titanic:

....And when did 'AJ' and 'Robert' modify a 'Borgward' Station wagon into a 'Terlingua'? :play:

....And why do my 'Family and Friends', ' change their address every time I find out where they live??? ... :shoppingcart_:

...And why, ever since I went to 'Terlingua Texas', do I pour 'Tequila on my Breakfast cereal.??? .. :tequila:

...And also, why is that 'Cogito Ergo Zoom' couple loading Beer into the trunk of there car at an 'Engine Plant'....... :beerchug:

There is only one true, undisputable answer to All questions....Terlingua..... :party: :party::party:

:salute:

AJ, there are two, both Grabber Orange.

The black bunny above is a very rare frankenbunny, rumor has it terrorizing unsuspecting pygmicans in and around Oklahoma and Texas for the last six months. Its kinda like another Terlingua mystery known as Bigfoot. No one never knows when and where they gonna show up and only few have really seen them. LOL

+1 to that, having been among the few to have seen all of them and being scared nearly to death by those pygmicans! There small, but very wiry! Muy Peligroso!

....And when did 'AJ' and 'Robert' modify a 'Borgward' Station wagon into a 'Terlingua'? :play:

....And why do my 'Family and Friends', ' change their address every time I find out where they live??? ... :shoppingcart_:

...And why, ever since I went to 'Terlinga Texas', do I pour 'Tequila on my Breakfast cereal.??? .. :tequila:

...And also, why is that 'Cogito Ergo Zoom' couple loading Beer into the trunk of there car at an 'Engine Plant'....... :beerchug:

There is only one true, undisputable answer to All questions....Terlingua..... :party: :party::party:

Well Said!

...And why, ever since I went to 'Terlinga Texas', do I pour 'Tequila on my Breakfast cereal.??? .. :tequila:

There is only one true, undisputable answer to All questions....Terlingua..... :party: :party: :party:

So that's how I caught that habit.....................Terlingua :doh:

Speaking of Terlingua, we do have a couple of slots open for this year! :shades:

Spread the word, but don't talk about the Pygmicans as that would just scare the new people away. :fear:

What happens in Terlingua, stays in Terlingua...............unless it's pig poop, than it stays all over the front of my SS :doh:

Archived