TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50th Anniversary SS Supercharger question...

DoubleX

I noticed that the 50th Anniversary SS at NAIAS has a FRPP 2.9L Whipple kit on it (polished). I am curious if the decals that are used to brand that supercharger as "Shelby" are available to other Shelby owners with 2.9L Whipples? It still says Ford Racing, but has the Shelby logo on the sides and top.... It doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere as being a unique feature, so just curious if the decals are available anywhere.

gt500-supersnake-supercharger.jpg

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if these can be purchased seperately?

From what I was told, if you purchase the (Whipple) supercharger from Shelby, it will have the decals. If you don't, it won't and you can't buy/get just the decals.

That applies to the Whipple 4.0L (800HP) supercharger too, If I Remember Correctly/IIRC but I seem to think that the 2012 Super Snake w/Whipple 4.0L had the Ford Racing badges on it...

I can double check if you like, if the owner of the car I'm referencing doesn't chime in here.

Phill

Thanks. I'd be happy to buy the SC from Shelby, but they don't offer the FRPP Whipple 2.9L kit for the 2007-2009 GT500's....at least not according to the website (says 2010+ only). Being that the kit is rated at 725hp for the pre 2010 cars, this sounds like the kit for me but I was hoping to get the Shelby branding on it if available....but more novelty then anything else.

Thanks. I'd be happy to buy the SC from Shelby, but they don't offer the FRPP Whipple 2.9L kit for the 2007-2009 GT500's....at least not according to the website (says 2010+ only). Being that the kit is rated at 725hp for the pre 2010 cars, this sounds like the kit for me but I was hoping to get the Shelby branding on it if available....but more novelty then anything else.

Call Shelby or Roger Sorel sp?> direct. You may be able to get what you want. They don't list a Whipple 4.0L supercharger for the 800HP version of the Super Snake but I know for fact that it's available (saw it with my own eyes).

Phill

Archived