TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ShelbyFest 2012 Caravan from Kansas City (4/27 ~ Friday)

07SGT0547

To All ShelbyFest Attendees from KC and points West:

As in the past, I will be more than happy to lead a caravan of anyone heading over from the KC Metro Area to Hermann on Friday afternoon...

post-8727-0-00356600-1326922726_thumb.jpg

However, we will NOT be taking the "Scenic Route" along US-50 & MO-94 this year... You are more than welcome to take that route back home when you leave on Sunday...

So here is my plan for FRIDAY, April 27, 2012:

Depart from Lot L (Gate 3) at Arrowhead Stadium (I-70 & Blue Ridge Cutoff ~ SE Corner of Truman Sports Complex) at Approx 12 Noon.

http://prod.static.c...010-parking.pdf

*** Please have your Gas Tanks & Stomachs Full and your Bladders Empty before we head out ***

Arrive at Hermann sometime between 2:45pm and 3:00pm when Pre-Registration opens up for the Afternoon.

The total distance from the parking lot to downtown Hermann is right around 180 miles...

And we will be cruising along at the POSTED speed limit in the RIGHT HAND lane...

Although it is a straight shot across I-70 until the HWY 19 Exit at Hermann, there really isn't any need to stop along the way...

*** For those whole live East of KC and want to join in, here are the approx times we should be passing the major exits along the Interstate ***

Exit 49 (Warrensburg & Higginsville) @ 12:35pm

Exit 78 (Hwy 65 & Sedalia) @ 1:00pm

Exit 128 (Columbia) @ 1:45pm

Exit 175 (Hermann) @ 2:20pm

See you there!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To All ShelbyFest Attendees from KC and points West:

As in the past, I will be more than happy to lead a caravan of anyone heading over from the KC Metro Area to Hermann on Friday afternoon...

However, we will NOT be taking the "Scenic Route" along US-50 & MO-94 this year... You are more than welcome to take that route back home when you leave on Sunday...

So here is my plan for FRIDAY, April 27, 2012:

Depart from Lot L (Gate 3) at Arrowhead Stadium (I-70 & Blue Ridge Cutoff ~ SE Corner of Truman Sports Complex) at Approx 12 Noon.

http://prod.static.c...010-parking.pdf

*** Please have your Gas Tanks & Stomachs Full and your Bladders Empty before we head out ***

Arrive at Hermann sometime between 2:45pm and 3:00pm when Pre-Registration opens up for the Afternoon.

The total distance from the parking lot to downtown Hermann is right around 180 miles...

And we will be cruising along at the POSTED speed limit in the RIGHT HAND lane...

Although it is a straight shot across I-70 until the HWY 19 Exit at Hermann, there really isn't any need to stop along the way...

*** For those whole live East of KC and want to join in, here are the approx times we should be passing the major exits along the Interstate ***

Exit 49 (Warrensburg & Higginsville) @ 12:35pm

Exit 78 (Hwy 65 & Sedalia) @ 1:00pm

Exit 128 (Columbia) @ 1:45pm

Exit 175 (Hermann) @ 2:20pm

See you there!

Gregg

Susan and I plan on going to our first Shelbyfest but I thought it started on thursday. We also have a few pictures for you that were taken as we traveled I40 to Vegas.

John

Gregg

Susan and I plan on going to our first Shelbyfest but I thought it started on thursday. We also have a few pictures for you that were taken as we traveled I40 to Vegas.

John

John,

There is a Welcome Reception at 7pm on Thursday in the Wine Valley Inn Courtyard... However, the only "official" thing going on during the day on Friday is the Zipline Tours that start at 9am... So that is why we aren't going over until later Friday afternoon... However, we are planning to stay all day on Sunday instead, and take in all the sights in Hermann before we head back to KC... And THANKS for taking a few few pictures as "evidence" for this year's BASH...

See you in Hermann... One of the BEST events I have taken my SGT to in the past 5 years :rockon:

John,

There is a Welcome Reception at 7pm on Thursday in the Wine Valley Inn Courtyard... However, the only "official" thing going on during the day on Friday is the Zipline Tours that start at 9am... So that is why we aren't going over until later Friday afternoon... However, we are planning to stay all day on Sunday instead, and take in all the sights in Hermann before we head back to KC... And THANKS for taking a few few pictures as "evidence" for this year's BASH...

See you in Hermann... One of the BEST events I have taken my SGT to in the past 5 years :rockon:

Gregg

where is the best place to stay while in Hermann?

Gregg

where is the best place to stay while in Hermann?

That is really up to you... Way too many different choices and options... However, you will get what you pay for...

Some like to stay right near the show route... Others like a stay with a large group... Some don't even stay in Hermann at all, but out near I-70... My wife & I stay at a place up in the hills that overlooks the town itself...

But don't wait too long to book your place, as most of the desired places have probably been taken months ago...

gregg,

that pic was awsome. was so cool chasing you down 40 going to the bash. may cruise to hermann.

the pancakes were the best. thanks.

Nothing better than cruising into a car show as a group... Look me up if you make it to Hermann... Breakfast @ car show will be served in front of Wings a Blazin' right there on 4th Street... More good times for sure!

Great picture 547. Did you take the North route back from Vegas? Where was that picture taken. I feel your pain. This picture is out the window of our SGT in Vail Colorado on our trip back from California last May. It was a white knuckle drive. The car had never seen snow. And never will again..

My wife and I are planning to be at Arrowhead around 11:30 or so that Friday on our first trip to Hermann from Nebraska. I should work out for us.

post-14450-0-35682500-1332731725_thumb.png

post-14450-0-35682500-1332731725_thumb.png

Great picture 547. Did you take the North route back from Vegas? Where was that picture taken. I feel your pain. This picture is out the window of our SGT in Vail Colorado on our trip back from California last May. It was a white knuckle drive. The car had never seen snow. And never will again..

My wife and I are planning to be at Arrowhead around 11:30 or so that Friday on our first trip to Hermann from Nebraska. I should work out for us.

Had to go thru Utah & Colorado due to a 24" snowfall in Flagstaff that closed I-40 across Northern AZ... Roads were fine until a light snowfall coated the roads from Eagle to Georgetown (higher elevations)...

And we passed a snow plow too, probably in the same spot...

post-8727-0-25576900-1332956789_thumb.jpg

See you at Arrowhead!

post-8727-0-25576900-1332956789_thumb.jpg

...sorry Gregg....gotta be there around noon or so.......will catch up on things when you all show up....John

No worries! If you get delayed that morning, just swing by the Stadium parking Lot... Otherwise, we'll find you in Hermann on Friday night :party:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived