TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Did anyone purchase a service plan?

I added a Service Plan to my GT500 like I did on my 03, where maintenance items like brakes, oil, shocks, etc are covered during the duration of the plan.

I got a call from the dealer that Ford is no longer offering this as of March 1st on the Shelby's and I need to sign a cancellation notice and get my refund.

Does anyone else know anything about this? Wouldn't this be the dealer itself and not Ford offering it?

I added a Service Plan to my GT500 like I did on my 03, where maintenance items like brakes, oil, shocks, etc are covered during the duration of the plan.

I got a call from the dealer that Ford is no longer offering this as of March 1st on the Shelby's and I need to sign a cancellation notice and get my refund.

Does anyone else know anything about this? Wouldn't this be the dealer itself and not Ford offering it?

All I know is that the 3 yr warrenty that comes with it can be upgraded at any time to add a year or more as long as you add the extended warrenty before the 3 yr runs out.

I picked up my Alloy Vert (The Fastest Colour), on Friday March 30th. :happy feet:

I also purchased a 7 Year-60,000 Klm (37,500 Mile) extended warrenty. I could of had more klm's but I don't think I will put that much on it. I understand every thing that is covered in the new vehicle warrenty is now extended for a total of 7 years. This is with Ford Canada I think.

I picked up my Alloy Vert (The Fastest Colour), on Friday March 30th. :happy feet:

I also purchased a 7 Year-60,000 Klm (37,500 Mile) extended warrenty. I could of had more klm's but I don't think I will put that much on it. I understand every thing that is covered in the new vehicle warrenty is now extended for a total of 7 years. This is with Ford Canada I think.

Not the warranty, this is another item purchased that covers maintenance expenses.

For example, say for $2,000 you get 3/36,000 of maintenance at no charge, oil, brakes, tune ups, etc..

Not the warranty, this is another item purchased that covers maintenance expenses.

For example, say for $2,000 you get 3/36,000 of maintenance at no charge, oil, brakes, tune ups, etc..

I was'nt offered anything like that, I GOT A FULL TANK OF FUEL(WOW) AND THE OWNER GAVE ME $50.00 towards dinner, and a rent a car for the night since it was raining hard and too late for me to want to drive my new toy after flying most of the day to pick it up.

I've never heard of such a Maintenance Plan offered by Ford? Lincoln, yes. It isn't a Dealer inspired Plan is it?

Canada.

I'm guessing it is. I got it offered on my 03 from the same dealer so I paid the extra and got it. I guess they found GT500s to be too expensive to extend the offer to them.. :headspin:

I just talked with Grabber & he called customer service to verify that the ESP (extendend service plan warrentee) was still good & he found out that his dealer never electronically entered it into the system after having the car 1 month. So he called the dealer & had them enter it in again & then they printed out an OASIS report to verify it was in the system. This ESP pkg is different than the one you descibed that covers oil changes & brake pads, so maybe it's his own seperate package he sells.

hope this helps

I just talked with Grabber & he called customer service to verify that the ESP (extendend service plan warrentee) was still good & he found out that his dealer never electronically entered it into the system after having the car 1 month. So he called the dealer & had then enter it in again & then they printed out an OASIS report to verify it was in the system. This ESP pkg is different than the one you descibed that covers oil changes & brake pads, so maybe it's his own seperate package he sells.

hope this helps

Thanks Coldy for alerting me to this, because it did make me check my plan out. I got a great deal on the 7 year 60,000 mile warranty premium care package. I paid dealer cost of 810 bucks. If anyone wants to know it is 70 degrees or so on the pacific ocean beach and not a cloud in the sky. I gotta go play football with my son now. I made this post via my mobil blackberry phone. Grabber out.

This is the same information that I got directly from Ford ESP on March 19th. I purchased my car on March 17 and picked up the Easy Care Gold service plan, which I was told by the dealer was a Ford extended service plan, not exactly true. I called Easy Care to see if they were the same as ESP and they told me no, they were not. They also told me that they were owned by Ford and that the Warranty would be honored by over 5,000 Ford dealers accross the country.

I Then called Ford ESP because I really didn't want to be dealing with a third party. They told me that the ESP was no longer available for the GT500 or any SVT vehicle. They also told me that Easy Care was probably the next best bet if I wanted an extended warranty.

The GT 500 still has the basic 3 year 36,000 bumper to bumper, but because it's an 07 model it also comes with Ford's new 5 year 60,000 power train included in the purchase price. I don't think I will ever see 60,000 miles on mine in my life time, so putting on extra insurance is a waste of money in my opinion. I just bought an 06 Ranger left over and put the premium 100,000 bumper to bumper. Well worth the money, but not practical on the Shelby unless you plan on driving everyday.

brianspony,

I went through the same thought process as you and bascially concluded what you did, and then talked myself into buying the entended service plan anyway. The new rationale was, and is, in the event that an air conditioner compressor or someother component went out in the next 6 years, the policy will more than pay for itself. I put $1,000 on the red one time and it came up green. I then put $20.00 on black and it came up black. A spin of the wheel or roll of the dice, you never know.

There is not a single car that I have owned that I did not get back more then I paid for the extended warrenty. I also will not put on 60,000 miles in seven years, but having 7 years of warrenty is what I like.

I agree with you. My last three new purchases not including the Shelby have had full bumper to bumper 100,000 mile warranties. I have not lost any money on purchasing the extended service contracts either. I guess we can eliminate the mileage factor for these extended service plans on the Shelby. Bumper to bumper 3 years included in purchase. Powertrain 5 years included in purchase.

What does your 7 year cover, bumper to bumper or powertrain only? How much did you pay for the 7 year contract? I guess if you pick up another 2 years if it's not too much of a cost, maybe I will check back into it.

Archived