TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50th Ford Shelby Cobra Reunion in Pomona April 19th -21st

MMcGuirk

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bash in March, followed up be this even in April....it just doesn't get any better...

Like Michael has stated, I've seen the who's who list...the history that will be in one location, that simply will not happen again.

So for those that are sitting on the fence, or haven't considered this event...you need to make room on your calendar

Tom

Like Michael has stated, I've seen the who's who list...the history that will be in one location, that simply will not happen again.

Tom

So who is on this "who's who" list? If you tell us, will you have to kill us?

Jim

So who is on this "who's who" list? If you tell us, will you have to kill us?

Jim

Allen Grant, Phil Remington, Chuck Cantwell, Tom Yeager, Don Prudhomme, John Morton, Bob Bondurant, Parnelli, George Folmer, Carroll, Dan Gurney, Peter Brock and many more....

Allen Grant, Phil Remington, Chuck Cantwell, Tom Yeager, Don Prudhomme, John Morton, Bob Bondurant, Parnelli, George Folmer, Carroll, Dan Gurney, Peter Brock and many more....

Wow.......that's quite a list of who's who.

1956 to 1963 refers to the years that Pomona Fairgrounds held road races.

We will be running on about 90% of the original configuration. The other 10% is the drag strip and we will not be allowed to run on that portion.

ALL Ford powered vehicles are welcome to run on the open track. There will be advanced, immediate and novice groups. There will also be a vintage race car exhibition group planned to run on Saturday after noon.

Wow.......that's quite a list of who's who.

+1

Looking forward to this West Coast event among others this year!!!

Dan

I'm going to guess there will be less than 90% of the original course available this year. Might be wrong, but it looks to me as if a comparison of the 1961 diagram with a much more recent photograph (mapquest aerial) will show some areas just not possible because of construction in the interim.

orig.jpgorig.jpg

Much of the use-sign is probably from police training and magazine road test activity, eh?

I hear that Parnelli Jones has been confirmed as Grand Marshall. Also heard Carroll will probably attend only to 50th Anniv. events: Monterey and the NHRA Museum's. Goin'a be great.

The 14th Annual Reunion of former Shelby American Employees, organized by Bob Shaw, will be part of the NHRA Museum's banquet honoring Carroll on April 21st.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived