TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Modifying the 2013 Shelby GT500

supersnake94

106 members have voted

1. 1. Will you modify your 2013 Shelby GT500 once you get your hands on one?

• Yes
    • Yes, but little at a time
    • No

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a little confused. When I saw pics of the new TVS and the old eaton together it definitely looked like the opening where the TB goes on the TVS was bigger yet the TBs from 2010-12s fit on the 13. How is that possible?

Would I be crazy to put these on the car for this much??

http://www.shelbysto...-s7m-6766-c.htm

and these floor mats

http://www.shelbysto...duct-p/z4-1.htm

and possibly this upgrade but later down the road. Or maybe immediate since they say they can make the recaros power adjustable.

http://www.shelbysto...uct-p/z3-16.htm

any thoughts? :)

SVT13,

It must be great to have so much money that it keeps you up at night trying to figure out how to spend it. The only conclusion I can arrive at is, 1 - You have one hell of a good paying job or 2 - You are spending someone else's money.

By the way, when do you work? It seems that you are on this forum at all hours.

SVT13,

It must be great to have so much money that it keeps you up at night trying to figure out how to spend it. The only conclusion I can arrive at is, 1 - You have one hell of a good paying job or 2 - You are spending someone else's money.

Agree Snoopy49

SVT13,

It's my money? Though if it was someone elses's that would be nice. Then I wouldn't even bother asking the question don't you think? Jeeze when did my financials become your problem? I have acess to a computer at my work? I check the forum every now and then?

It's my money? Though if it was someone elses's that would be nice. Then I wouldn't even bother asking the question don't you think? Jeeze when did my financials become your problem? I have acess to a computer at my work? I check the forum every now and then?

still very active in the race to mod....you must have no other responsibilities like a house note or kids college or contributing to a retirement account...just saying.. :nonono:

still very active in the race to mod....you must have no other responsibilities like a house note or kids college or contributing to a retirement account...just saying.. :nonono:

If i had kids at my age then I would have a lot more things to worry about and wouldn't even have this car. As far as retirement account, my money from work automatically get pulled into my 401k so I don't get taxed, past that I have a separate account for an IRA which I put 5k a year in which is the max and a stock account which I put 10k a year in.

Now have I divulged enough irrelevant information for you two?

I've done maybe 1500 in mods? Hardly a lot compared to the people who dump 2-3k in performance mods right off the bat.

If i had kids at my age then I would have a lot more things to worry about and wouldn't even have this car. As far as retirement account, my money from work automatically get pulled into my 401k so I don't get taxed, past that I have a separate account for an IRA which I put 5k a year in which is the max and a stock account which I put 10k a year in.

Now have I divulged enough irrelevant information for you two?

I've done maybe 1500 in mods? Hardly a lot compared to the people who dump 2-3k in performance mods right off the bat.

never mind...you are obviously a mature, wealthy, well educated, very sensitive guy that has it all together. I will not bother you anymore.

Hardly a lot compared to the people who dump 2-3k in performance mods right off the bat.

Pffffffffffttt! Try $15-20K but who's counting.

I know I have at *least* $15K into mine. That's about the point I stopped keeping track of it.

Phill

Just about everything.

See my sig

Phill

You crazy you should have just bought another car lol. So I'm curious and excuse my ignorance how did that adjustable panhard bar help? Did you see a noticeable difference after the install? Also what is the eradispeed rear brake rotor and cliper relocation brackets for, as in why did you need to relocate them? What caliper are those shelby/baer rear brakes you got and where did you get the shelby alcoa wheels? Because if I could find a pair of the piano black ones I'd buy them in a second.

Also after you installed the MGW how was the extra noise? Or did you put any sound dampening material around it?

Oh and how come there are no outside car mods like tint or carbon fiber? Thats not everything :)

1. You crazy you should have just bought another car lol.

2. So I'm curious and excuse my ignorance how did that adjustable panhard bar help? Did you see a noticeable difference after the install?

3. Also what is the eradispeed rear brake rotor and cliper relocation brackets for, as in why did you need to relocate them? What caliper are those shelby/baer rear brakes you got and

4. where did you get the shelby alcoa wheels? Because if I could find a pair of the piano black ones I'd buy them in a second.

5. Also after you installed the MGW how was the extra noise? Or did you put any sound dampening material around it?

6. Oh and how come there are no outside car mods like tint or carbon fiber?

1. I orginally wanted to send my car to Shelby in Las Vegas and get the Super Snake upfit. I went in and talked to a Customer Rep. and Shelby wouldn't budge on a white stripe install or a stripe delete so I could install my own WHITE stripe/s. I bought a BLUE car with WHITE stripes for a reason...Because I had a 1970 Trans Am that was White with a Blue stripe that I sold to move to CO (couldn't take all of my cars with me). I always wanted a Blue Trans Am with the White stripe so when I decided to buy my GT500, it was BLUE with WHITE stripes. I did NOT want a Blue car with a BLACK stripe, period, end of story, done, fini....

Shelby wouldn't budge on anything but a black thin-THICK-thin matte black Super Snake stripe so I took my 45 grand and walked out. I knew I could build my own "Super Snake" for considerably less, AND get what *I* wanted, not what *they* wanted (it is after all, MY money!). So I did. I pretty much have everything a Super Snake has on it except the Super Snake lables (which I could put on, if I wanted to). PLUS, I went above and beyond what Shelby puts on their Super Snakes with such items as the CF driveshaft, front & rear suspension pieces, etc.

And $15K wouldn't buy me much of "another car".

2. The adjustable panhard bar was a necissity. When I dropped my car down onto the Ford Racing FR3 springs the rear axle was off-set to the left by a full inch. That is, it stuck out on the left side one inch farther than the right side and needed to come back in 1/2" to get the rear end centered again. As far as a difference in handling? I can't say, I did so much more to it (all at the same time) that I can't compare any single mod to stock.

I can tell you that with all of the solid/heim joint ends, road noise is considerable. MUCH of it is from the KR tires though. If I drop the pressure down to 20psi (from the recommended 32psi), about 80% of the seam slapping disappears and my traction increases substantially.

3. The eradispeed rear brake set up that Shelby sells includes larger diameter Baer rotors but you use the stock calipers. Due to the increased dia. of the rotors, the calipers have to be moved outboard to compensate. That's all the *caliper* relocation brackets do. But the LCA relocation brackets are another story. Which were you actually asking about?

4. Shelby wheels: I bought a set of both 18" KR wheels and 20" SS wheels. I assume you're asking about the 20's. When Robert Lane announced that they were discontinuing them and were selling out all remaining stock I bought a full set of 4 because I knew they would be rare, and they're the only wheels I like on a Shelby Mustang. Same with the 18" KR wheels but I bought them because I wanted more sidewall than the 20's give. I'm planning on putting the 20's on when I wear out the rubber on the 18's and will very likely put the 18's back on when I wear the rubber out on the 20's. Varity is the spice of life.....

5. MGW Shifter: No noise increase from it at all, as was expected after looking at the body mount MGW makes. They provide some sound deadening material with the shifter for the top plate and I did use that, plus the original sound material. The most NVH I get is from the REAR END of the car. Nothing too bad from the front or the shifter and MOST of the rear NVH is subdued with 20psi in the rear tires so I'm not going to point my finger directly at the rear arms or heim joint applicartion I used.

6. I decided early on when I was looking at CF splitter, rockers, side spliter, rear wickerbill and diffuser that rather than spend the money on "go pretty" stuff, I'd spend it on "go fast" stuff. The only thing I want people to look at is my tail end, not the pretty shit on my car. I put some very subtle items on like the Roush side spliters, red accent stripes and the Alcoa wheels. That's plenty for me. Same with the interior, just a few limited items to dress it up SOME.

I have a Harley that I went crazy on (about $35K worth of crazy) and I learned my lesson from it. "Flash" don't make ya "Fast".

EDIT: Pardon the spelling errors. I started to edit/change and decided it's not worth my time!

HTH,

Phill

1. I orginally wanted to send my car to Shelby in Las Vegas and get the Super Snake upfit. I went in and talked to a Customer Rep. and Shelby wouldn't budge on a white stripe install or a stripe delete so I could install my own WHITE stripe/s. I bought a BLUE car with WHITE stripes for a reason...Because I had a 1970 Trans Am that was White with a Blue stripe that I sold to move to CO (couldn't take all of my cars with me). I always wanted a Blue Trans Am with the White stripe so when I decided to buy my GT500, it was BLUE with WHITE stripes. I did NOT want a Blue car with a BLACK stripe, period, end of story, done, fini....

Shelby wouldn't budge on anything but a black thin-THICK-thin matte black Super Snake stripe so I took my 45 grand and walked out. I knew I could build my own "Super Snake" for considerably less, AND get what *I* wanted, not what *they* wanted (it is after all, MY money!). So I did. I pretty much have everything a Super Snake has on it except the Super Snake lables (which I could put on, if I wanted to). PLUS, I went above and beyond what Shelby puts on their Super Snakes with such items as the CF driveshaft, front & rear suspension pieces, etc.

And $15K wouldn't buy me much of "another car".

2. The adjustable panhard bar was a necissity. When I dropped my car down onto the Ford Racing FR3 springs the rear axle was off-set to the left by a full inch. That is, it stuck out on the left side one inch farther than the right side and needed to come back in 1/2" to get the rear end centered again. As far as a difference in handling? I can't say, I did so much more to it (all at the same time) that I can't compare any single mod to stock.

I can tell you that with all of the solid/heim joint ends, road noise is considerable. MUCH of it is from the KR tires though. If I drop the pressure down to 20psi (from the recommended 32psi), about 80% of the seam slapping disappears and my traction increases substantially.

3. The eradispeed rear brake set up that Shelby sells includes larger diameter Baer rotors but you use the stock calipers. Due to the increased dia. of the rotors, the calipers have to be moved outboard to compensate. That's all the *caliper* relocation brackets do. But the LCA relocation brackets are another story. Which were you actually asking about?

4. Shelby wheels: I bought a set of both 18" KR wheels and 20" SS wheels. I assume you're asking about the 20's. When Robert Lane announced that they were discontinuing them and were selling out all remaining stock I bought a full set of 4 because I knew they would be rare, and they're the only wheels I like on a Shelby Mustang. Same with the 18" KR wheels but I bought them because I wanted more sidewall than the 20's give. I'm planning on putting the 20's on when I wear out the rubber on the 18's and will very likely put the 18's back on when I wear the rubber out on the 20's. Varity is the spice of life.....

5. MGW Shifter: No noise increase from it at all, as was expected after looking at the body mount MGW makes. They provide some sound deadening material with the shifter for the top plate and I did use that, plus the original sound material. The most NVH I get is from the REAR END of the car. Nothing too bad from the front or the shifter and MOST of the rear NVH is subdued with 20psi in the rear tires so I'm not going to point my finger directly at the rear arms or heim joint applicartion I used.

6. I decided early on when I was looking at CF splitter, rockers, side spliter, rear wickerbill and diffuser that rather than spend the money on "go pretty" stuff, I'd spend it on "go fast" stuff. The only thing I want people to look at is my tail end, not the pretty shit on my car. I put some very subtle items on like the Roush side spliters, red accent stripes and the Alcoa wheels. That's plenty for me. Same with the interior, just a few limited items to dress it up SOME.

I have a Harley that I went crazy on (about $35K worth of crazy) and I learned my lesson from it. "Flash" don't make ya "Fast".

EDIT: Pardon the spelling errors. I started to edit/change and decided it's not worth my time!

HTH,

Phill

Why did you need the LCA relocation brackets now that you brought it up? What are the benefits of doing this? ( I was wondering about the brake ones to answer your previous question) .

Also if you didn't experience any NVH with the MGW shifter how come a lot of other people have said there is an increase in that, and the sound deadening material provided is insufficient?

Thanks for the feedback on the other stuff because there are some suspension mods I've been playing around with in my head but I don't want to increase any NVH.

For those that don't know. NVH = Noise, Vibration, Harshness

It would be nice if people spelled out exactly what they mean rather than using acronyms that cover a wide variety of symptoms. If something is noisy, vibrates or has a harsh ride, spell it out and don't use a term that indicates all three are or are not present.

Archived