TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford recommended shift points - HAHAHAHA

Boidster

So, as I sit here waiting for the :censored: shipping company to deliver my car, I'm browsing the GT500 supplement to the owner's manual. On page 11 there is this bit of humor:

Upshift according to the following chart:

Shift from:

1 - 2: 9 mph (14 km/h)

2 - 3: 18 mph (29 km/h)

3 - 4: 29 mph (47 km/h)

4 - 5 38 mph (61 km/h)

5 - 6: 41 mph (66 km/h)

:hysterical:

If I get over 3rd gear on the freeway, I'll be surprised. :peelout:

This probably belongs in the Questions from Dummies thread, but since I've got you here, what's the significance of the two stripes over your front tire? Is that part of an option package, or is it just a neat aftermarket add-on?

My car is all-white, no stripes, but those stripes are...intriguing. I might Photoshop my car with just those stripes, just to see how it looks. But of course I don't know where/how to get them, besides getting some custom vinyl or paint.

This probably belongs in the Questions from Dummies thread, but since I've got you here, what's the significance of the two stripes over your front tire? Is that part of an option package, or is it just a neat aftermarket add-on?

My car is all-white, no stripes, but those stripes are...intriguing. I might Photoshop my car with just those stripes, just to see how it looks. But of course I don't know where/how to get them, besides getting some custom vinyl or paint.

Boidster,

Check out these threads and give John Farmer a call...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/63311-2-red-stripes-on-fender/page__p__1077962__hl__+fia%20+racing%20+stripes__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=1077962

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/68703-hood-to-wheel-well-side-decals/page__hl__%2Bfia+%2Bracing+%2Bstripes__fromsearch__1

Post up some pics when you get them installed. Good luck!

I actually read the manual for the Ford GT. Here's what it says:

Upshifts when accelerating (recommended for best fuel economy)

1-2 15mph (24km/h)

2-3 25mph (40km/h)

3-4 40mph (64 km/h)

4-5 45mph (72 km/h)

5-6 50mph (80 km/h)

I think it must be a misprint.

Note where it says "FOR BEST FUEL ECONOMY"!

Phill

After all...isn't that why we all own these cars.....fuel economy..lol..

Well, at least "The Lack thereof"!

Phill

After all...isn't that why we all own these cars.....fuel economy..lol..

Hey, that was part of my rationalization. It gets 40% better mileage than my F-150. Why, it's practically an economy car! That whining, jet noise sound you hear is all the extra MPG being created. :-)

I typically shift from 1st to third to 5th unless there is an odd traffic pattern or I'm making a sharp turn and want to do it in second.

I hit all the gears when I'm racing or rapid accelerating but I'm usually done before I need to make the jump to 4th at around 90MPH or so.

Archived