TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Germans appreciate the GT500! (Video link inside.)

This was posted on Youtube about 2 months ago and is in German, but there's some nice shots on the autobahn! Looks like the guy thinks the car is wunderbahr! Anyone give a English synopsis of his comments?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcmNKNEOlko...ted&search=

I would be interested if someone can provide a brief summary translation.

I don't speak German, but I'm guessing that he loved the power, the interior was okay but plastic, and that he thought it was dumb that the engine was governed. I'd be courious to see if I'm anywhere close on this.

And I believe that the car has HID lights on it. If that's the case, where the hell did they come from?

I don't speak German, but I'm guessing that he loved the power, the interior was okay but plastic, and that he thought it was dumb that the engine was governed. I'd be courious to see if I'm anywhere close on this.

And I believe that the car has HID lights on it. If that's the case, where the hell did they come from?

I think the 08's will have HID lights......Ahhhh, I wasn't soppost to tell you that :hysterical2:

Thanks for posting.

Ah, I think he liked it also, but did make a comment about the plastic in the interior of the car.

I will have to send the folks from the Meet and

Greet (April in NC) thread over this way to view this just to brush up on some German. :read: Our dear Ruf made dinner reservations at a popular local restaurant that doesn't take reservations. :banghead: He's now a Doctor and we will have a German diplomat joining us (I think Orf's playing that part). What the heck. View the thread, it's outrageous. There's even mention of security in the lot for our cars. :hysterical2:

believe me, he likes it. a few of the normal grips, cheap plastic interior etc....but one of his last lines goes something like ...it's like having the best looking chic at a party, everybody is checking her out....

This was posted on Youtube about 2 months ago and is in German, but there's some nice shots on the autobahn! Looks like the guy thinks the car is wunderbahr! Anyone give a English synopsis of his comments?

He is telling that when you want to drive this car you need to tame the Snake first (hence the flute). Respect even when the car stands still. Typical muscle car. The car surprisingly drives very light and nimble in city traffic. He is telling that the car needs more to keep up with the engine. The engine is 140% and the rest of car 90%, suspension, brakes should be better. Interior plastic and seats need more side support. At 220 km/h hood flutter. At Autobahn very good, shame on the speedgovernor. At countryroads pity steering could be better. The Shelby is like a beautiful women on a party that is looked at by every men, but when you get to know her better, you will discover several shortcomings, but it is a legend. And you will forgive legends their small weaknesses.

Translated from German to English. We Dutch speak at least 3 languages.

SEATS NEED TO BE BETTER ? .... i think thats a personal issue with the driver of that video ... he is a big boy !

I think the seats are fine .. he should have had a EVO tune and suspension upgrade !!!

He is telling that when you want to drive this car you need to tame the Snake first (hence the flute). Respect even when the car stands still. Typical muscle car. The car surprisingly drives very light and nimble in city traffic. He is telling that the car needs more to keep up with the engine. The engine is 140% and the rest of car 90%, suspension, brakes should be better. Interior plastic and seats need more side support. At 220 km/h hood flutter. At Autobahn very good, shame on the speedgovernor. At countryroads pity steering could be better. The Shelby is like a beautiful women on a party that is looked at by every men, but when you get to know her better, you will discover several shortcomings, but it is a legend. And you will forgive legends their small weaknesses.

Translated from German to English. We Dutch speak at least 3 languages.

I only speak 2, English and German! MOM & DAD are German.

Tim

Patrick gave a nice synopsis of what was said. It would take too long to translate word for word, and it wouldn't give you anything new. Take the pre-release reviews from the major US car magazines, combine all the common information, and you'll essentially have what Jumbo (yes, that's the name the driver goes by) is saying. Powerful engine; so-so handling; cheap plastic interior; expected a little more for the price; yada yada yada. Maybe Jumbo reads these threads, because he did say you could adjust the hood bumpers to eliminate the hood flutter.

I think this is the German version of the UK's Top Gear program.

I wonder if he had traction control off when it got a little squirrely on him on the city street?

Thanks for the link but that has been out for a long time now.Man with that guy in the SHELBY I wonder what the total weight is????? :hysterical2:

Jumbo is indeed a big guy. No wonder the seat bolsters won't fit him.

Thanks for the link but that has been out for a long time now.Man with that guy in the SHELBY I wonder what the total weight is????? :hysterical2:

Come on guys, what do you want? The man lives in the land of Beer and Brats; not exactly diet food you know.

As a prior interrogation officer with NIS, I can tell you one thing he said that clearly translates into English. "I fully depressed the accelerator pedal and nearly s**t myself when the snake struck traction :hysterical:."

I think the 08's will have HID lights......Ahhhh, I wasn't soppost to tell you that :hysterical2:

Oh, hardee, har, har, har. Soooo funny. I see how it is. Well Mr. Smarty Pants, I already knew that the 08' were getting HID's back in November of 06', so there!!!

:tease: NEENER, NEENER, NEENER! :tease:

Come on guys, what do you want? The man lives in the land of Beer and Brats; not exactly diet food you know.

But he also lives in the land of the Volksmarch.

I kind of figured those were the points he was hitting on. Thanks guys!

Did everyone notice when they showed the pedals and where our carpets stop halfway up the firewall?

But he also lives in the land of the Volksmarch.

I kind of figured those were the points he was hitting on. Thanks guys!

Did everyone notice when they showed the pedals and where our carpets stop halfway up the firewall?

Now, now, be nice. Don't you know that Ford did that for weight savings? Any more carpet, and the car would have been a pig! They saved a whole 2 Oz's by cutting the carpet short. :hysterical2:

Yeah, plus they needed to save a few cents to be able to pay the CEO $39 MILLION for 4 months work!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17965096/

Yea, but even with that kind of coin I bet he won't be able to get a KR. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Springtime for Hitler! :hysterical2:

"AND GERMANY"

Archived