TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How about a Shelby oil seperator

I would like an oil seperator for the passenger side of my 08KR. I don't really want to buy an aftermarket one, but I do like the clear anodized seperator that JLT has. I want the Cobra logo on the top of it though. What do you think guys? Robert??

Thanks,

Gary

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a Cobra logo is the only thing holding you back you might want to think twice. Installed a Lethal 2.9L Whipple kit and found out the throttle body, elbow, and lower intake were all oil soaked. I installed JLT oil separators (both sides) about a month ago and found this yesterday during the blower upgrade. Less than 10000 miles on the car. Wish I would have installed the separators earlier.

CIMG2015 (800x600)

back side of throttle body

CIMG2016 (800x600)

elbow

CIMG2017 (600x800)

lower intake

I would like an oil seperator for the passenger side of my 08KR. I don't really want to buy an aftermarket one, but I do like the clear anodized seperator that JLT has. I want the Cobra logo on the top of it though. What do you think guys? Robert??

Thanks,

Gary

Yes. We've actually been working on one. I'll check on the status.

Would be nice to see an official Shelby version, but you could take the JLT kit which looks like a 2" diameter canister and tape/glue your favorite Shelby Lapel Pin or Key chain to the top of the canister. I have modified several SGT and Terlingua lapel pins and key chains to make my own personal Shelby part.

Would be nice to see an official Shelby version, but you could take the JLT kit which looks like a 2" diameter canister and tape/glue your favorite Shelby Lapel Pin or Key chain to the top of the canister. I have modified several SGT and Terlingua lapel pins and key chains to make my own personal Shelby part.

Great idea El Shelby. I have some of those items laying around. I'm going to wait a little to here back from Robert. Bpodner, when I went to the TVS, my intercooler looked great, but I did have some oil just inside the stock supercharger inlet.

There is "a rat" in separator.

I used to always misspell S-E-P-A-R-A-T-E so a friend told me a way to remember how to spell it...He said, "Karate is part of Separate. Just take off the "K" and add a "Sep".

Phill

Brand it Shelby so they can add another $50 to the cost like the PIAA lights they over charge for, No thank you, I'm fine with the JLT.

Ooh, that was subtle.

It's all about supply and demand. If we don't demand it they won't supply it.

Besides, a lot of us belong to the "more money than brains" club.

I quess I'm one of them. My wife has the money and I lack the brains, lol.

Ooh, that was subtle.

I'm a member of that club and the wife has a tight grip on the money :hysterical2:

I'm a member of that club and the wife has a tight grip on the money :hysterical2:

Yeah Dan, but you've obviously discovered how to "grease her palm" a little (judging by your stable). :hysterical:

I use my son to do the dirty work (we make a good team).

Welcome to the brotherhood!!!

Ooh, that was subtle.

Sorry for being honest. Not every Shelby owner has a golden wallet. I'm just thankful that I am able to own one. My wife has nice tight control over money spent as well so when it comes to overpaying for the same product, it's a no go for me. While it would be nice to see them make one, the reality of it is that they would undoubtedly overcharge for the same product because of the name.

Yeah Dan, but you've obviously discovered how to "grease her palm" a little (judging by your stable). :hysterical:

I use my son to do the dirty work (we make a good team).

Welcome to the brotherhood!!!

Teamwork :hi5: ..............Gotta do what ya gotta do.

Archived