TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby quarter window covers

Morgan19d

I'm going to get the Shelby quarter window covers for my stang. The problem is I am having a hard time deciding between the brushed aluminum and black painted. What do you all think would look better on my grabber blue? Any pics you guys have of them on your ride would be a great help too. Thanks!

Simce I'm all blue with black and plan on the black stripes with the GTS conversion, I have been leaning heavily towards the black covers. But I love the way the brushed aluminum ones look on the SGTs. Anyone else have pics to help finalize my decision?

To toss a Monkey Wrench in the mix. From what I can remember, the 1965 G.T. 350R's had the Covers, and every one I saw, were unpainted Aluminum.

And this is sort of my draw to the brushed aluminum and they look amazing on Bunky's... but I think I am going to have to go with the black ones to fit in with the color scheme I already have going. Thanks for the assist guys!

And this is sort of my draw to the brushed aluminum and they look amazing on Bunky's... but I think I am going to have to go with the black ones to fit in with the color scheme I already have going. Thanks for the assist guys!

:rockon:

I picked up a set of interior covers from CDC. Unfortunately they do not sell them anymore. However they should be easy to make. All they are is upholstery board cut to the general shape of the window and foam covered in headliner material with double sided tape to adhere them to the window though they are snug enough for a press fit.

I would go with the painted covers that match the color of the car. The 1965 GT-350R factory cars generally had painted quarter window covers in Wimbledon white. Some early prototype photos may have shown the raw aluminum but left SAI painted. The body matched paint creates a nice new look to the profile of the SGT, GTH, etc. Just my opinion AND my next addition to my daily driven SGT. regards, Larry

Archived