TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where is the spare tire located

per

Lol no spare tire buddy. I don't know if they make one that will fit over the brakes. Ford had the run flats and the "mobilization kit" its a nifty air compressor and basically fix a flat. The stuff has a shelf life of like 2 years though so keep up with it.

Congrats on the car. Lots of good info here

Hope it helps

Vandy

Welcome - Enjoy your new ride and you've come to the right site. Lots of good info to learn. Spares not required... B)

Lol yeah I had the same type issues when I was looking for mine. I looked at a grabber orange 08 at a Toyota shop. I think the old man specialized in selling the Prius. Lol poor guy was telling me some random stuff on the car

I also want to get a spare. I have read so many threads on this and I am now more confused than ever.

I have a 2012 GT500 with SVTPP. My rear tire height is 27.25 and the front is 27.00.

1) Will it mess up the car (diff) if the spare is off by a little bit ?

2) What exact wheel and tire is the best option? I do not care about looks. I want it to fit the best in the trunk and get me to a repair shop.

3) What lugs would I have to get as well.

:hysterical: ..........I'm still looking for the trunk release button.

good luck on that one :hysterical2:

I also want to get a spare. I have read so many threads on this and I am now more confused than ever.

I have a 2012 GT500 with SVTPP. My rear tire height is 27.25 and the front is 27.00.

1) Will it mess up the car (diff) if the spare is off by a little bit ?

NO

2) What exact wheel and tire is the best option? I do not care about looks. I want it to fit the best in the trunk and get me to a repair shop.

See the above link

3) What lugs would I have to get as well.

Stock should work

:hysterical: ..........I'm still looking for the trunk release button.

:hysterical3: I don't know what your problem is. Open your glove box. It's right there! Mine is! :hysterical2: I've never understood that one either! All the wiring is right there. Only needed to put the freekin button in! I used this kit, but there are others. It's literally about a 15 minute install. Need to pop somebody over the head at Ford for that one!

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustang-trunk-release-0509.html

They didn't put the release button in because Ford engineers are all about the weight savings. :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

After writing this I now feel bad, because we all know the engineers would have put the release button in, but somebody in accounting definitly decided all us dumb customers probably wouldln't even realize it was missing until after we bought the car. How, in 2008, can a car company possibly make a car that had now way to get into the trunk of the car without either a key or a remote? That has to be one of the dumbest cost cutting moves ever.

• 4 weeks later...

Owned my '07 for several months before deciding to have a look at the spare. Surprise. Finally got tired of sweating a blow out or bad damage from something in the road. Bought a stock 2010 wheel and smaller than stock tire. It sticks up in the spare tire well just a little but I have a custom trunk mat so you can't really tell. Not concerned with how it will look if I have to use it since I have aftermarket wheels. Just need it till I get another tire. Of course I had to get a low profile jack and a lug wrench. The car is lowered so even the low profile jack will not fit under it on the front if I have a flat. Had to build a graduated ramp abut 3 inches tall to drive it up on if the flat happens. Pretty sizable investment just to have a spare. But, if you damage a tire, you are just SOL if all you have is a compressor and a can of fix a flat.

Hi the problem is Idont have a spare tire around my waist,I am moore like the Swarzenegger type

per :worship:

If you look like him you don't need a spare. Just flag someone down and tell them if they don't go get you a new one you'll do a Conan on them. :boxing: .

• 2 months later...

Archived