TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Picked up a new 2012

ITLMOVE

Hey all. I haven't posted on here for quite a while. I used to have a 2010 Grabber Blue with white stripes. About 10 days ago I picked up a white 2012 with SVTPP, electronics package, Recaro seats and stripe delete. I love it! The SVTPP tires aren't going to cut it for winter driving, so the first step was Pirelli winter 240 Sottozeros. I went 255-40-19 in the front and 285-35-20 in the rear. This was a huge improvement in cold weather driving.

050.jpg

The next step was 20% window tint all the way around (not on the windshield). This went on today.

061.jpg

Exhaust will be my next purchase. Right now I am set on the Roush axle back. I had the KR axle back on my 2010 and I am hoping to get that sound again.

Congrats on the 2012 Itlmove! Awesome...I love white with no stripes!

I would be interested in hearing more about the Pirelli tires. Have you had them before and do they wear well? I know they don't have a treadwear rating.

Thanks all.

I had the Pirelli's on my 2010, and for me it was a no brainer when looking for a winter performance tire. After 12k, the tread wear looked good. I'd guess they will last in the 15k - 18k range.

I'm storing the G2's in an indoor closet. I'll be anxious to see how these perform when spring rolls around.

Thanks all.

I had the Pirelli's on my 2010, and for me it was a no brainer when looking for a winter performance tire. After 12k, the tread wear looked good. I'd guess they will last in the 15k - 18k range.

I'm storing the G2's in an indoor closet. I'll be anxious to see how these perform when spring rolls around.

Thanks for the info on the winter Pirelli's. I never got a dedicated winter tire and was unsure of how the tread wears on them. Maybe an option just in case I HAVE to drive in some snow in the future years.

I would look at the Borla Atak's. I also had a 2010 with KR's on it and loved them. Got a 2012 in July. So i put the Roush axle backs on and liked them but they did drone some. The Borlas are perfect. No drone and just the right amount of rumble at idle. But when you hit it they are perfect. Also love to huge 4.5 inch tips compared to the smaller on the Roush. Got a great deal on Amazon of all places. They cost more but are well worth it I'm my opinion.

Are cars are exactly the same. I love my car, just dont have the winter driving to deal with here in Florida. Enjoy the car.

Hey all. I haven't posted on here for quite a while. I used to have a 2010 Grabber Blue with white stripes. About 10 days ago I picked up a white 2012 with SVTPP, electronics package, Recaro seats and stripe delete. I love it! The SVTPP tires aren't going to cut it for winter driving, so the first step was Pirelli winter 240 Sottozeros. I went 255-40-19 in the front and 285-35-20 in the rear. This was a huge improvement in cold weather driving.

050.jpg

The next step was 20% window tint all the way around (not on the windshield). This went on today.

061.jpg

Exhaust will be my next purchase. Right now I am set on the Roush axle back. I had the KR axle back on my 2010 and I am hoping to get that sound again.

I would look at the Borla Atak's. I also had a 2010 with KR's on it and loved them. Got a 2012 in July. So i put the Roush axle backs on and liked them but they did drone some. The Borlas are perfect. No drone and just the right amount of rumble at idle. But when you hit it they are perfect. Also love to huge 4.5 inch tips compared to the smaller on the Roush. Got a great deal on Amazon of all places. They cost more but are well worth it I'm my opinion.

Thanks, I strongly considered the Borla Atak system. It's tough to decide when comparing youtube vids :hysterical:

Who knows, I may end up switching them out like you.

Wow, all white looks great! Thanks for the tire pics. I almost went that route- but just did the 2010 'vert wheels with A/S tires. Good idea in the future though if I decide to use the SVTPP for winter and maybe a full set of 20's for the summer down the road.

I've been commuting out in 18 degree weather. Had flurries one day on the way home, thank gosh it didn't stick though. I laugh to myself when I see the "M&S" tire rating on a Shelby, but it's worth it to drive year-round.

Archived