TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cleaning of FRPP air intake filter - help

Hey All,

I know there are many post on here for this subject and I believe I have read most of them. But I am having issues. I have an 07 SGT #191 with grayish air filter. No coler, not red or blue, it is the orginal filter. I have followed the board suggestions of rinsing the filter out with warm water, spraying it with diluted simple green, and rerinsing it with warm water. I let in sit for 2 hrs then I blew dry it with a hair dryer. However it still appears dirty? Was I suppose to let it sit with the diluted simple green on it for awhile? Or is it stained with dirt? Do I need a new one? I thought this was a life time filter? Should I get the K&N filter cleaner? Please help.

Thanks

TNTChris

I got a K&N model RF-1020 universal replacement and it works/fits great. I haven't cleaned the original yet, but will with the K&N cleaner and will reoil with K&N oil. No oil carry over to MAF if you follow the directions.

You can also get the air filter cleaning kit from Steeda.

http://www.steeda.co...rd-mustang.html

Thats what I used also.

As far as over oiling and getting oil on the MAF.

I think that comes from people over oiling,putting the filter on and driving it right away.

I've always cleaned and oiled mine,then let them sit overnight.

Any excess oil will drain off.

Thats what I used also.

As far as over oiling and getting oil on the MAF.

I think that comes from people over oiling,putting the filter on and driving it right away.

I've always cleaned and oiled mine,then let them sit overnight.

Any excess oil will drain off.

Yup.

Back when I was N/A, I used the K&N kit, and just let it air-dry 24 hours or so before re-installing...

Jer

After seeing this post and the pictures of the Amsoil blue filter I ordered one. Just got mine tonight and just love the look as well. Thanks for posting this filter alternative

to the original that I have been having to spray the blue oil on to get the color. Thanks, Mark

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I fianlly got a picture of the Outerwares "wrap" on my car. I highly recomend it. I clean it every thousnd miles in a warm solution of soap. I now never have to clean out bugs and sand. Mine is waterproof, but it can be opted out. The logo can be rotated so it doesn't show. I wish there was a FORD logo available!!!!

photoMA40321800-0006.JPG

photoMA40321802-0005.JPG

photoMA40321800-0006.JPG

photoMA40321802-0005.JPG

It sounds like an interesting concept. Does anyone have testing data on a GT500 to see if the computer can manage the A/F ratio without loosing HP/TQ? Their website claims it doesn't but their statements are from 2004, and it is unclear what testing methods were used.

Living in a desert environment as I do this could be an added feature to reduce the airborne grit.

The Amsol filter looks best, but the chrome disc on the end looks like it might restrict intake at the center (??).

Yes, obviously more restrictive it appears. I would go with the original.

Archived