TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR hood on E-bay

SHELBYCS6

found this tonight for any interested parties.. http://www.ebay.com/...=item27c1fd851d

He says it's a "take-off" but......NO STRIPES????

And it doesn't look like the correct silver either.

How odd.

Phill

He says it's a "take-off" but......NO STRIPES????

And it doesn't look like the correct silver either.

How odd.

Phill

Good point.

And who (in their right mind) would "take off" an original KR hood???

Good point.

And who (in their right mind) would "take off" an original KR hood???

And it doesn't look like Carbon Fiber (i.e. "Black") under the gelcoat, where it's missing on the corners. Looks more like Fiberglass to me.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Phill

And it doesn't look like Carbon Fiber (i.e. "Black") under the gelcoat, where it's missing on the corners. Looks more like Fiberglass to me.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Phill

Agreed, looking at that chip, I can almost guarantee that is gelcoat over fiberglass. Not 100%, but pretty close.

found this tonight for any interested parties.. http://www.ebay.com/...=item27c1fd851d

:hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

THIS HOOD WAS UP ON EBAY ONCE BEFORE AND WAS SOLD. HOWEVER THE INCONSIDERATE JERK WHO LIVES IN CALIFORNIA AND HAS A RED GT500 BOUGHT ANOTHER HOOD SOMEWHERE ELSE WITHOUT EVEN THE CONSIDERATION OF A PHONE CALL TO ME AND NEVER PAID FOR IT AFTER BEGGING ME TO HOLD IT FOR HIM. HE'S IS THE PERFECT REASON WHY SO MANY PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE EBAY! THE GUY IS A TOTAL LOOSER!

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU WANT THIS HOOD. I DON'T NEED ANOTHER INCONSIDERATE LOOSER BUYER!

:hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

THIS HOOD WAS UP ON EBAY ONCE BEFORE AND WAS SOLD. HOWEVER THE INCONSIDERATE JERK WHO LIVES IN CALIFORNIA AND HAS A RED GT500 BOUGHT ANOTHER HOOD SOMEWHERE ELSE WITHOUT EVEN THE CONSIDERATION OF A PHONE CALL TO ME AND NEVER PAID FOR IT AFTER BEGGING ME TO HOLD IT FOR HIM. HE'S IS THE PERFECT REASON WHY SO MANY PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE EBAY! THE GUY IS A TOTAL LOOSER!

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU WANT THIS HOOD. I DON'T NEED ANOTHER INCONSIDERATE LOOSER BUYER!

OMG! what a coinkidink "COBRA567" has a RED GT500 and LIVES IN CALIFORNIA.

:lurk:

It's the real deal and has never been on a KR. It slipped out the back door at Ford. The guy is impossible to deal with as he has about 12 personalities.

Not judging anyone but I just couldn't in good conscience buy something I knew was most likely stolen... or walked away , fell in a dumpster or however someone wants to justify it.

It slipped out the back door at Ford.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this. If it slipped out the back door at Ford, it's not a KR part. If it's real, the only back door it could have slipped out of is Shelby. Shelby removes the stock GT500 hood and replaces it with the KR.

Steve

I'm surprised no one mentioned this. If it slipped out the back door at Ford, it's not a KR part. If it's real, the only back door it could have slipped out of is Shelby. Shelby removes the stock GT500 hood and replaces it with the KR.

Steve

I'm guessin we all assumed "Plasan" when he said Ford.

My understanding is that the gt500 hood was removed and the painted, non striped KR hood was installed in Detriot prior to shipment to SAI?

Nope.

There are pictures of a bunch of black GT500's being prepared for KR conversion at SAI and they all have stock hoods on them. They were a "spoiler delete" and a "Floormat delete" car but the hoods were OEM STOCK GT500 hoods.

It also shows the process in the Shelby Magazine in the "Building a GT500KR" article.

Phill

Hmmmm.....story gets more interesting. Any chance SAI would have returned stock hoods to Ford?

Ford didn't supply them to Shelby, Plasan did. Which is also why Plasan is/was suing Shelby and not Ford Motor Company (it's public knowledge, you can Google it).

MY understanding is that the hoods left *Plasan* already finished. Primered and painted for sure, but I'm not 100% sure about the stripes. I *think* the stripes were added at Shelby since the rest of the car was sans stripes (i.e. Stripe Delete car). It only makes sense that the installer (Shelby) would stripe THE WHOLE CAR, not just the trunk, roof and front valance if the hood came with stripes already on it.

That is also why when there was one in primer (up for auction on e-bay) I knew it "went out the back door" of PLASAN, not Shelby's back door. It didn't have paint so that told me it never got sent to the paint shop, let alone sent to Shelby in Las Vegas.

I can't say much more, if anything more on the subject without naming names so that's it for/from me.

Phill

I believe the cars were shipped to Shelby as ordered with stock hoods and the "KR" hoods were shipped from Plasan (painted or not), the hoods were installed at Shelby and then the cars were striped.

I do recall stock GT500 hoods for sale in the SPP "Garage clearance" section and were listed as remnants from the "KR program".

I believe the cars were shipped to Shelby as ordered with stock hoods and the "KR" hoods were shipped from Plasan (painted or not), the hoods were installed at Shelby and then the cars were striped.

I do recall stock GT500 hoods for sale in the SPP "Garage clearance" section and were listed as remnants from the "KR program".

That's pretty much my understanding too.

I was told that Plasan manufactured the hoods then sent them to a (their?) paint shop to be painted before shipping them to Shelby in Las Vegas. I don't know that to be 100% fact but it's a pretty sure thing.

I highly suspect that Shelby had the stripes applied to the entire car in Las Vegas, including the hoods.

I KNOW for sure that Ford didn't supply the hoods though.

Phill

Archived