TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Glad 2011 is over

I am glad to be rid of 2011. It was certainly better than 2010, but was still not good. Its only claim to fame is that 2010 was worse: "2011, the year that did not suck quite as bad as 2010."

I did manage to make it through the year with my wife and kids healthy, my extended family reasonably healthy, and I was able to survive the year financially even though 4 of my long term clients ended up in bankruptcy, putting a big dent in my finances.

I am looking forward to 2012 being better.

Anyone else glad that that 2011 is over?

2011 was by far our worse year in my family.

Mother-in-laws cancer returned.

Our son's best friend Anthony was killed in a bicycle accident. 24 years old and taken way to soon..... :cry: as I type this.

My cousin Jeff died from cancer. 48 with a lovely wife and 2 wonderful kids left to manage.....I miss you brother.

Father-in-law committed himself for mental observation. Thoughts of suicide has stopped but he still has a ways to go.

Be gone 2011............and please never return.

2011 was as good and as bad as they get. Luckily nobody in our family lost therir job or had health issues eexcept me.

I had prostate cancer and removeal surgery in January and a total hip replacement in December. So I'm missing two major body parts and have a new one. The year did end on a high note, though. Subsequent tests show that I am totally cancer free. I am also on my way to walking normal, unaided, again.

Wasn't a bad year....just an expensive one my income was down bout 20k, finished construction on our new home had the birth of my 1st son. All and all, could have been better but given the country's state I came out OK.

Man I hope all of y'all have an awesome prosperous healthy year

Tore my bicep as 2010 was on its way out 12/26......surgery 1/27.......followed by 9 months of PT~!

Lots of losses for us in 2011..........none are ever insignificant, but some are bigger than others....

My Grandfather Al......my step Dad's mom Esther.......my college roommate Mike, 48, leaving a wife and 3 sons under 10 yrs old behind....

Papa, Esther and Mike.......I miss you all so much. RIP~!

I am not looking back on 2011.

My mom's cancer came back and damn near killed her (she is in remission now!)

My marriage came close to an end.

I lost about 10k in take home pay.

Good riddance and looking forward to 2012.

In 2009 the construction industry was struck hard. I lost my Supt. position and went back to work as a carpenter for a year making 55% less money. I was blessed to stay employed.

In 2010 a assistant Supt. position opened up in Arizona that paid 20% more than carpenters scale. Still no perks or perdeim. It was hard to be away from my wife and family but I was blessed to stay employed and make a little more money.

2011 was a great year. I got to come home in Feb from Arizona to a big 2-3 year local job. In March all my seniority and full Supt pay scale and perks were restored. :) When I was in prayer in 2009 the Lord told me to keep putting one foot in front of the other and things would all work out in time. I kept the faith and did just that. He was right ! Thank you. :worship:

2012 is starting out even better because my oldest boy has just completed his first year of being clean and sober. Nothing is too big for our Lord.

Geez. Hope things are better for y'all in 2012! 2011 was a great year for me, except for losing my sidekick of 15 years- my awesome dog Daisy. I got a huge raise leaving Solyndra (yeah that debacle) and going to a semiconductor capital equipment company. Plus I got my Boss 302. Hope this year is good and 2013 even better!

2011 I lost my sister who was only 44 years old

My mom came so close to death many different times

Business was down 25%

But we were blessed to have a New baby but the stress worrying about having another baby was really tolling on top of everything else.

Glad 2011 is OVER.

2011 I lost my sister who was only 44 years old

My mom came so close to death many different times

Business was down 25%

But we were blessed to have a New baby but the stress worrying about having another baby was really tolling on top of everything else.

Glad 2011 is OVER.

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister and I hope your Mom is doing well.

Archived