TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Long Tube Headers+Cats= passed emissions test

When we moved to a different part of Colorado earlier this year I was concerned as I had gone with Long tube headers and an offroad x-pipe setup with the stock SGT mufflers. Loved the sound and performance but my new locations means the car has to go through emissions testing every two years. I let the guys at Brenspeed know ordered up a set of pypes high flow metalic cats installed them along with some rear O2 sensor spacers since the car is supercharged and had them send me a tune to turn the rear O2's back on. I installed everything drove the car 150 miles or so to make sure I had plenty of start stop cycles on the system and to make sure no codes appeared. So yesterday took her out and had the test done in Parker and she passed with no issues. I know my tune is a little rich and I'm working with the crew at Brenspeed to get it fixed but even with a rich tune I was well under the limits. They did not do a visual inspection under the car. Just hooked her up and ran it through the test. Whew!! Now I can remove the cats, and load my other tune back up!

Luck you my car won't pass NY inspection !! I have not had a inspection sticker in over a year the check is done by computer they plug in to your computer. Thank God just about every cop knows my car. I hate getting pulled over but you can't put a fake temp on your windshield its a felony

Luck you my car won't pass NY inspection !! I have not had a inspection sticker in over a year the check is done by computer they plug in to your computer. Thank God just about every cop knows my car. I hate getting pulled over but you can't put a fake temp on your windshield its a felony

Why wouldn't you be able to run Hi-Flow Cats on your car and pass inspection? Just curious since when I plan to do my V8 swap I am doing Long Tubes and have always been curious about this.

NY inspection is a joke. They check how much lining is left on BRAKE PADS, directionals, operation of headlights, etc... If you live in a state WITHOUT an "Inspection", just a "smog check", in most cases you'll be fine. I have muffler deletes, never pass in NY, but no issue in Nevada.

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

Archived