TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Photo from the New York Show with Carroll

sharon

Just saw a review of the KR on Edmunds (Link). Interesting that they say the hood will not available as a separate item. I hope they're wrong... Not sure how they would know this already.

"One could also choose to simply build a KR for oneself. All of the mechanical upgrade parts will be available from Ford Racing or Shelby at the same time as the genuine KRs go on sale. The only piece currently not planned to be sold separately is the carbon hood, but we imagine someone resourceful could probably get his hands on one."

Just saw a review of the KR on Edmunds (Link). Interesting that they say the hood will not available as a separate item. I hope they're wrong... Not sure how they would know this already.

"One could also choose to simply build a KR for oneself. All of the mechanical upgrade parts will be available from Ford Racing or Shelby at the same time as the genuine KRs go on sale. The only piece currently not planned to be sold separately is the carbon hood, but we imagine someone resourceful could probably get his hands on one."

That just Sucks if true!

Damnit.... :censored:

KC666

Damnit.... :censored:

KC666

That doesn't make sense (product support wise) for non-availability of the hood assy. These cars, as long as they are sold and driven on the roadways they will always be subject to possible crash damage...and need repair/replacement parts. That's my take folks...

That doesn't make sense (product support wise) for non-availability of the hood assy. These cars, as long as they are sold and driven on the roadways they will always be subject to possible crash damage...and need repair/replacement parts. That's my take folks...

The VIN# will be verified before they send out any carbon fiber replacement hoods. They just won't sell them as an aftermarket item to all the average joes like us so no clones are made.

The VIN# will be verified before they send out any carbon fiber replacement hoods. They just won't sell them as an aftermarket item to all the average joes like us so no clones are made.

I can't see that happening, there would be thousands sold do you really think that cash opportunity would get passed up. I think give it time, they will be sold, maybe not until after the initial 1000 are sold though????????

OK - I stand corrected. I just read an interview with Amy Boylan & this is what she said about the hood.

Will the KR Hood be available to the aftermarket?

AB - "Yes, eventually. Shelby Autos is looking more into 'kits'. We want to allow people to build their own Shelby with the exception of the small badges and such.

Bet your happy? I am, & now I need to find out what changed in the Loop since last week

OK - I stand corrected. I just read an interview with Amy Boylan & this is what see said about the hood.

Will the KR Hood be available to the aftermarket?

AB - "Yes, eventually. Shelby Autos is looking more into 'kits'. We want to allow people to build their own Shelby with the exception of the small badges and such.

Bet your happy? I am, & now I need to find out what changed in the Loop since last week

Ok my wife is from Michigan, does that help?? If not she may know where you live(HINT, HINT) :fan::ohsnap::spiteful: How bout that loop now?? :lol2:

Archived