TEAM SHELBY FORUM

few crazy things..

Perimeter

Got a few things i need to figure out what to do and who better to ask then fellow TS members!!!!

My 2007 GT500 oil pan gasket broke last Christmas and i had to replace it.. i threw it on the lift at the shop just for me to look around and clean up a little and i notice its broke AGAIN!!!! a friend of mine just changed the oil and said he didn't notice the busted oil pan.. i got a OEM one from ford the first time and my Mechanic (worked for ford for 30+ years) said those gaskets are bad A%% gaskets..... any idea what's up? What i should do next?

Next lol i have crazy spark blowout... shop told me to replace my spark plugs.... Is that because my spark plugs are now old and need replacing? or should i get a new tune because that is what is ruining my plugs? I'm running TR6's lethal sent me with my parts... What is the reason for spark blowout?

last thing... Anybody in the GA area heard of Mo's Speed Shop and how good are they with tuning mustangs? that's who i think i am planning on taking my baby to!

Any help would be awesome....... Thanks guys!!!!

Next lol i have crazy spark blowout... shop told me to replace my spark plugs.... Is that because my spark plugs are now old and need replacing? or should i get a new tune because that is what is ruining my plugs? I'm running TR6's lethal sent me with my parts... What is the reason for spark blowout?

Too much gap.

That could be because as the plugs wear, the gap increases.

OR, it could be you have/had them gapped too wide to start with.

Do you know what gap you're running, and what boost you're running?

I had a (hi compression/hi RPM) engine that would blow out the spark with .028" gap. I regapped to .025" and completely got rid of the problem so yes, JUST .003" wider can make a HUGE difference.

Phill

Archived