TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR color not Vapor

sharon

I just got off the phone with Robert, He had to go but I was able to ask him about the color and the color on the KR in the photos in not Vapor. Then he had to go so I will find out more when he calls me back. He loves to leave us hanging.

Okay here is the official news. The color in the photo is not vapor. That color was a color used and rejected by Mazda. The color will NOT be a production color. It was used only for these photos because it shows really well. There will be a production color Vapor but this is not it.

Okay here is the official news. The color in the photo is not vapor. That color was a color used and rejected by Mazda. The color will NOT be a production color. It was used only for these photos because it shows really well. There will be a production color Vapor but this is not it.

Let me guess.....MAZDA owns the rights to that color & Ford/Shelby can't have it?

Sharon, you are rapidly becoming a very credible source. Keep up the good work. :stats:

Sharon, you are rapidly becoming a very credible source. Keep up the good work. :stats:

I am just passing on what Robert is telling me. He and Crispy went to get something to eat. Then he was going to work on getting the interview up. I told him he could eat tomorrow but he gets a little cranky when he hasn't eaten all day.

Hi, everyone. Chris (Crispy23C) and I myself just returned from the show.

According to Ford, that shade of colour that appears on the GT500KR will NOT be used on the production version. . .so it's NOT Vapor.

From what I was told, Vapor was originally a shade from Mazda, but they didn't use it on a production vehicle so Ford picked it up.

As Sharon said, they chose that shade because of the way in which is photographs.

We're working on the videos, etc.

According to Ford, that shade of colour that appears on the GT500KR will NOT be used on the production version. . .so it's NOT Vapor.

From what I was told, Vapor was originally a shade from Mazda, but they didn't use it on a production vehicle so Ford picked it up.

As Sharon said, they chose that shade because of the way in which is photographs.

:woohoo::runaway::drop::speedie: :banana piano: :lastyear::banvictory: :happy feet: :bowdown:

Thank you for the info Robert! Nice work as always :bowdown:

Did you happen to ask them if blue stripes were going to be available on Vapor? If the color is even close to that with Vista Blue stripes might be enough to sway me from the White/Blue I have planned since day 1.

Archived