TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Could win a 1 of 1 GT500 from B-J Hagerty Fantasy Bid

ShelbyEra08

robert what makes this "1 of 1" ? any special badges? or is this car kinda like the win a pair Shelby's i think its called the "patriot edition", which is a Black 2012 GT500 with orange stripes

The Patriot Edition was a White 2010 GT500 with Blue stripes. It had "one of one" emblems on it that were yellow, ala the original Shelby's. It had a Super Snake style hood but the wheels were a different color than OE and it had "Patriot" all over the car (center caps, faux gas cap, etc.).

I have a couple of pictures of it around somewhere because I wanted to pattern my car after it, but in a Mirror Image (Blue w/White stripes).

The present BJ giveaway car is *basically* a Super Snake, sans all of the SS badging and a CSM.

Phill

without a CSM....now that's just odd!

How can this truely be considered a 1 of 1 car if it's a standard GT500 with add-on parts. It's more like a customized Shelby by the Nascar boys and BJ.

They don't even have any good pictures of the car to hype the uniqueness. I'm missing something, right?

That's for posting that link Matt.

As mentioned before, it looks like a SS but with a combination of an SVT PP in the details.

No matter what it ends up being called, it's still a very nice car.

if i won the car, i would definately put Alcoas on the car. I am just surpised they dont have a special "1 of 1" badge at least on the dash, or they should just badge it as a super snake, because it basically has everything that the SS has.

Except the wheels.

AND...Shelby built it. Not sure why they didn't just have SA give it a CSM #, other than the premium they'd have to pay Shelby.

But then again, Shelby could just call it a contribution and write it off...

Phill

whoever wins the Shelby from B-J is one luck sob, every fantasy bid i place, i am way off and I even "cheat" by researching another car like it on autotrader or ebay, haha

My understanding is all people that play have a chance to win. Even if you do not win a single auction prize. So just by playing you are given an entry chance to win this car. I've actually done pretty well with the fantasy bid game. I have won two individual prizes. A few years ago I got a Sirius radio package and last year got an IPad. The Shelby is not the top prize, but a prize that is randomly drawn from all who play. So odds will not be too good, but better than power ball! They say last season there were 699,200 fantasy bids. I'm guessing that this year there will be plenty more. "So you're saying that I have a chance......YES!" in my best Jim Carey interpretation.

My understanding is all people that play have a chance to win. Even if you do not win a single auction prize. So just by playing you are given an entry chance to win this car. I've actually done pretty well with the fantasy bid game. I have won two individual prizes. A few years ago I got a Sirius radio package and last year got an IPad. The Shelby is not the top prize, but a prize that is randomly drawn from all who play. So odds will not be too good, but better than power ball! They say last season there were 699,200 fantasy bids. I'm guessing that this year there will be plenty more. "So you're saying that I have a chance......YES!" in my best Jim Carey interpretation.

gotcha..............I thought you had to be the top individual from the whole week

:hysterical2:

• 2 weeks later...

i was reading the official rules about how to win the GT500 getting ready to starting Bidding this week, the car estimated value of this car is $90,205, that is going to be fun to pay the taxes for it. However if i read it right, a Sponsor is going to give the Winner also a cash sum to help pay for the taxes of the car. That is interesting

Archived