TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 SVTPP Stripe Kit

creilly333

I purchased my 2012 GT500 a few months ago. It is an SVTPP, black with stripe delete. I've never been a big fan of stripes and prefer a stealthier look, but recently I've begun to think that the car needs something to break up the all black look. If I'm going to get stripes I would like them to be as subtle as possible.

The SVTPP stripes are of course thinner than the usual Le Mans stripes and, although not liked by many, I do think that the black car with either a grabber blue or red stripe looks pretty good. The problem is where to purchase them. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Colin

Colin,

Contact John Farmer (mrfarmdog) here on Team Shelby for assistance with your stripe question... Good luck and post pics when its done!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/57929-stuck-on-you-graphics-now-officially-a-manufacturer-for-shelby/page__hl__%2Bjohn+%2Bfarmer+%2Bstripes__fromsearch__1

Colin,

You said that you would "like [the stripes] to be as subtle as possible but then you say you're thinking grabber blue or red stripe? :drop: I don't think they'll be very "subtle". LOL. What about flat black? I've seen that and it looks REALLY nice and for sure "subtle" but you can see them. I've also seen a dark gray color I thought looked sharp. Just my thoughts...but I really only posted because I thought the colors you listed didn't jive with what I thought you meant.

I do agree though that we're conditioned to look for the stripes and when I look at a stripe delete car it just looks naked. I mean it's not like any other car has them really but for some reason the lack of them just stands out to me.

Colin,

You said that you would "like [the stripes] to be as subtle as possible but then you say you're thinking grabber blue or red stripe? :drop: I don't think they'll be very "subtle". LOL. What about flat black? I've seen that and it looks REALLY nice and for sure "subtle" but you can see them. I've also seen a dark gray color I thought looked sharp. Just my thoughts...but I really only posted because I thought the colors you listed didn't jive with what I thought you meant.

I do agree though that we're conditioned to look for the stripes and when I look at a stripe delete car it just looks naked. I mean it's not like any other car has them really but for some reason the lack of them just stands out to me.

Jeff,

Yeah, I guess what I meant was that the SVTPP stripes being thinner would be less obvious, even though the color is bright. I've seen the flat black ones too and liked those. I'd like to stick to original if possible.

Colin

I just recently bought a 2012 Kona blue gt500 with stripe delete. I really wanted the red SVT PP type stripes with silver accents.

The dealership is putting them on now as we speak.I think they were about a $1000 new from Ford. I really liked that color combo and actually prefer the thinner stripes.

They are similar to the Lemans stripes on the '67 or so GT-40 in thinness. (IMHO). Erik

Just thought of a problem however. I have a clear bra on the front of my car. This would have to be removed and then reapplied. Could work out to be pretty costly.

I would just apply over the clear bra.

Ours is plain black also and needs something but didn't want the stripe over the top. I think the stripes that are vertical and fade from gray to a darker gray along the side might look cool-any thoughts before we make the jump?

• 1 year later...

Just thought of a problem however. I have a clear bra on the front of my car. This would have to be removed and then reapplied. Could work out to be pretty costly.

I would also apply the stripes over the clear bra. Something to consider, the stripes you're wanting to do are matte, the clear bra is gloss. If you apply the clear bra over the stripes you'll have part gloss and part matte stripes on the front. It won't look right, or good.

I bought the matching stripe for my Tonneau cover which was actually a roof stripe kit for a coupe. Trust me, you don't want anyone making these stripes for you as they are two tone painted on the same strip. I bought mine from my dealership and got 30% off by telling them a dealership further away was going to give me 30% off but I'd rather use them if I could. There is a TON of markup on these stripes.

Good luck!

I purchased my 2012 GT500 a few months ago. It is an SVTPP, black with stripe delete. I've never been a big fan of stripes and prefer a stealthier look, but recently I've begun to think that the car needs something to break up the all black look. If I'm going to get stripes I would like them to be as subtle as possible.

The SVTPP stripes are of course thinner than the usual Le Mans stripes and, although not liked by many, I do think that the black car with either a grabber blue or red stripe looks pretty good. The problem is where to purchase them. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Colin

I have bought a piece of OEM stripe from Ford (just small piece for hood) and then purchased the side stripes from BMC Extreme. I compared the OEM to the BMC stripe and it matches perfectly in color. Tousley Ford says $970 for the entire strip package and BMC Extreme is @ $550 for the complete package.

Here is their website link:

http://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/20052010.html

Archived