TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Shelby GT got some long needed attention.

I've been coasting on the SGT's maintenance for some time while my attention been focused on the getting the Boss's broken in and track ready this year.

Anyway, I spent the last couple of days taking care of:

1. Sparkplugs. I finally swapped out the platinum plugs for the FRPP Zeros. I should have had this done when I had the SC upgrade done, but I wan't really all that worried about it since I wasn't racing the car.

2. Differential oil. I used Ford Motorcraft 75w140 full synthetic and some friction modifier. I couldn't believe how the thick factory stuff was that came out of the differential.

3. Suspension lube. I just put a quick shot of teflon based lube in the bushings. Hopefully this will take care of some suspension noises I've been hearing lately.

4. Brake fluid. I put in Brembo LCF600, which is overkill for this car, but I had some on the shelf leftover from getting the B-cars ready for the track. I couldn't believe some of the stuff that came out in the old fluid - black particulates and the amount of air bubbles.

5. Engine oil and filter. I use Mobile 1 full synthetic and a Ford filter. It was time for a change due to time and not milage.

And of course in typical fashion, it started to rain as soon as I put away my tools. I'll have to wait till tomorrow (at least) till I get to drive her to how things came out.

Hopefully this post will plant some ideas for those who have put off some long needed maintenance as I did. Let me know if I forgot something or if you have an idea of something that should be checked.

Kevin

Archived