TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Are most dealers taking preorder/deposit for the GT500KR?

I did not became a big fan of Mustangs til they started making the GT500s..and now the GT500KR is coming out is about a year

I was looking at all those GT500s with crazy mark up so I'm wondering that if any dealers taking deposit/preorder now so maybe you can buy one at sticker price or close to sticker price...(I'm in the Houston area)

I never deal with Ford dealers about this kind of thing but when I got the E46 M3 back then I was 2nd on the waiting list, paid 2000 deposit, signed the paper with the BMW dealer saying that they will sell the M3 at sticker price when they have it, and got it at MSRP when they have it. So I'm wondering if any Ford dealer would do that with the GT500KR.

I know this sounds a bit like day dreaming but I really wants to find out, since the GT500KR is not going to be cheap, and I dont want to pay those crazy mark up prices... so if anyone know anything about this please give me some information...

Greatly appreciated

Considering most (if not all) that have a regular GT500 are adding some type of ADM ($5k-20k seems to be the current range with 10-15 the majority) I'd bet everything that NO DEALER will sell a KR for MSRP unless he owes you because:

- you saved his life

- you saved his kids life

- he owes you some sort of Godfather type favor

- he's joined some cult where worldly possessions are to be given away at all costs

Nothing's been sent by Ford saying who WILL or WILL NOT even get one... only 1000 made, almost 4x that many dealers. Hopefully they're not taking deposits for something that they might not even get!

Good luck.

I did not became a big fan of Mustangs til they started making the GT500s..and now the GT500KR is coming out is about a year

I was looking at all those GT500s with crazy mark up so I'm wondering that if any dealers taking deposit/preorder now so maybe you can buy one at sticker price or close to sticker price...(I'm in the Houston area)

I never deal with Ford dealers about this kind of thing but when I got the E46 M3 back then I was 2nd on the waiting list, paid 2000 deposit, signed the paper with the BMW dealer saying that they will sell the M3 at sticker price when they have it, and got it at MSRP when they have it. So I'm wondering if any Ford dealer would do that with the GT500KR.

I know this sounds a bit like day dreaming but I really wants to find out, since the GT500KR is not going to be cheap, and I dont want to pay those crazy mark up prices... so if anyone know anything about this please give me some information...

Greatly appreciated

After a year of dealers getting big mark ups on the GT500 do you really think there would be a dealer out there willing to take a deposit and sell the GT500KR for MSRP or anything even close to MSRP??? My guess is the mark up on the GT500KR will be a lot higher than the mark ups have been on the GT500 simply due to the fact that they are only making a 1,000 of these. Some people have already offered $100k just to get one regardless of MSRP.

As for taking deposits, Ford hasn't announced yet how they will determine which dealers will get one of these. So as of right now there is no way of knowing which dealer will get one. So putting a deposit on one at any given dealer regardless of price would only be a crap shoot that that dealer ever gets one.

Almost 3700 dealers in the US and only 1,000 units to go around.

Also, there is no telling how many of the lucky dealers that do get one will just keep it for themselves rather than sell it. So I suspect there will be far fewer than a 1,000 that ends up being retailed to the public.

I would also venture to guess that there will be dealers offering $25k - $50k over MSRP to buy one from dealers that get one. This happened on the GT500 before they went into production. Dealers were offering $20k over MSRP to buy any allocation from any dealers that would sell there Shelbys to them. LOTS of them were presold this way back in April and May of 06 before they even went into production.

I've contacted my dealer and have been told I am the first and only person to contact them regarding the KR so far. As stated by the GM, I was one of the frist to contact them about the GT500 also and sign a deal for $5k over. I expressed my conserns about the excessive ADM's and he assured me they are making enough money on the GT500 at $5k ADM. So, It's not in writing yet but it looks like I may get mine, I mean Wifeys :ohsnap: if they get one, !!! I hope she lets me drive it!!! :hyper:

I contacted my dealer on Monday about the KR..wanted to first on the list...I know after have a

contract to buy both a Shelby GT (coming in May) at SAI,,and the first to purchase a 08 GT500

for MSRP that he said I would have the first right of refusal on the KR, BUT they were going to sell it for what the market price was at that time....Honey how much would the Kids be worth?? :hysterical2:

No I didn't leave a deposit at either place. And the one dealer I am on the list they sold every GT500 for '07 at MSRP. No deep pockets here but being first on the list doesn't mean anything as we all should know by now.

No I didn't leave a deposit at either place. And the one dealer I am on the list they sold every GT500 for '07 at MSRP. No deep pockets here but being first on the list doesn't mean anything as we all should know by now.

It's better than not being on a list at all, but I agree it is in no way any guarantee of a car. Heck, there's not even a guarantee that dealer will get a car yet....not enough for each dealer to get one.

Good luck to you though...would love to see at least a few members get their hands on one of these.

It's better than not being on a list at all, but I agree it is in no way any guarantee of a car. Heck, there's not even a guarantee that dealer will get a car yet....not enough for each dealer to get one.

Good luck to you though...would love to see at least a few members get their hands on one of these.

Yea it would be nice but I seriously doubt that I would get one. Several reasons including the limited number being produced. I'm not rich and I am willing to bet that unless some miricle of marketing happens that I won't even see one in person. It would be nice though. I'm also interested in whatever package SAI is going to announce in the next week or so. Means I'm not in the loop I have no idea what it is :banghead:

Hey everyone,

I just started my own Foundation. The BUY ME THE KR FOUNDATION. PLEASE DONATE in amount of $1,000.00. PM to ask for address and who to write the checks to. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS. For those who donate, I guarantee to send pics of the car ASAP.

Alex :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Archived