TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So I am outside taking some pictures...........and Santa lands on the driveway!!!

Robert M

and an elf is holding a small USPS Priority Box labeled to me, for the Super Snake................

THE LANDING.........(with rotors still spinning!)..........

002-6.jpg

The elf..............

003-6.jpg

The package............

004-6.jpg

I wanted to tear it open...............what could it be?!?!? but it says, "Open 12-25, Don't Peak", and I would not want it to turn into a box of coal. So it is sitting under the tree until Christmas.............

005-6.jpg

I thought maybe a bow would help it to blend in under the tree, I knew you all would believe my Santa story, but my family and friends may have me commited.

What could possibly be so special (for the Super Snake), in such a small box?!?!?

I'm excited now!!

R

and an elf is holding a small USPS Priority Box labeled to me, for the Super Snake................

THE LANDING.........(with rotors still spinning!)..........

002-6.jpg

The elf..............

003-6.jpg

The package............

004-6.jpg

I wanted to tear it open...............what could it be?!?!? but it says, "Open 12-25, Don't Peak", and I would not want it to turn into a box of coal. So it is sitting under the tree until Christmas.............

005-6.jpg

I thought maybe a bow would help it to blend in under the tree, I knew you all would believe my Santa story, but my family and friends may have me commited.

What could possibly be so special (for the Super Snake), in such a small box?!?!?

I'm excited now!!

R

Recall notice. :doh:

You sure that isn't 12:25? Assuming a 24hr clock which is most commen outside the US you could have opened it hours ago....

Hmmmm, I didn't even think about that, but now I am worried about the recall notice.

One thing I can say..........it is closer to the weight of coal than the weight of a recall notice. That is a good sign!

My kids have asked, "Daddy, what is that?!?!" I just tell them it must be a present................

R

Hmmmm, I didn't even think about that, but now I am worried about the recall notice.

One thing I can say..........it is closer to the weight of coal than the weight of a recall notice. That is a good sign!

My kids have asked, "Daddy, what is that?!?!" I just tell them it must be a present................

R

Signed Dash Plaque?

Yea, thats the ticket!

Carroll signed, Yea.... :kuko:

Signed Dash Plaque?

Yea, thats the ticket!

Carroll signed, Yea.... :kuko:

I have the dash plaque with Carroll's signature that was part of my Super Snake conversion, I guess that Santa already knows that? The box seems heavier than that.............

R

Sure hope your right,,,, Open it , hurry up Christmas

My 10 year old is having a hard time keeping a secret, I keep hearing little hints. The box that Santa and the elf brought may not be a present at all, but there may be something in that box related to some other present? or something?

We will see!!

R

0034-1.jpg

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it looks like this kit comes with longer hood pins to accomidate the raised plates? I was told these would not work on the 2010 and up supersnake hoods due to the pins not being long enough.....at any rate they look totally awesome!

0034-1.jpg

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it looks like this kit comes with longer hood pins to accomidate the raised plates? I was told these would not work on the 2010 and up supersnake hoods due to the pins not being long enough.....at any rate they look totally awesome!

I have the SPP hood pin kit that I used when I had the plain pair of hood pins engraved about a year ago. I reused all of my Super Snake hardware at that time and only replaced the flat stainless hood plates with the custom engraved billet plates from the billet kit. Here is the Scott Drake hardware from that kit................

004-7.jpg

The Santa kit has much more hardware than I had seen before, I don't even know what some of the hardware pieces are for?

0052-1.jpg

In a side-by-side comparision, the main pins from the plain billet kit and this Santa kit appear to be the same, but one set has two nuts per hood pin and the other only one per hood pin.

0062-1.jpg

SPP Billet kit pins on the left and Santa kit pins on the right.

R

Doesn't appear to be any difference between the two, kind of difficult to tell for sure with them still in the bags but I'll have to do some more research on this as to whether they will be able to fit my hood or not. Thanks

For comparision purposes, see if the flat stainless hood pin kit for the 2010-up is the same as the 2007-2009. If it is, I reused my original Stainless hardware from my 2008 Super Snake install with my billet plates that I added after the fact.

R

please post pics when installed, Robert.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! and has a Happy New Year!

Will do. I have a couple of other honey-do's that are first.

I also want to bring these original hood pin plates to my engraver friend to show him what the originals look like. He was not able to do the style of text from a picture that are on these plates and I did not have a sample for him to examine. Not that I am going to have him do any work, but he will be interested in seeing originals.

I am still in a "WOW" state of mind that Santa even found a set of original Super Snake hood pin plates!!

They are like the "Holy Grail" of Super Snake hood pins!!

Happy New Year and belated Merry Christmas to you also!!

R

Very cool indeed! I bought a set w/ "SHELBY" on them from my local Ford dealer and love them. They fit perfectly fine on my 65' hood. One word of caution, if you are going to use the lanyards, be carful with the position of where it is attatched to the ring connected to the pin. When driving, the little hoop attatched to the wire moves around on the ring from the wind and might scratch the top surface on the raised up part of the plate. I figured how to position it, therefore, keeping them from scratching anymore. I am thinking of buying another set later. I will try to get a picture and show you later today.

Here are the pics.looking at the one on the passenger side.The first shows the rub; sorry for the poor quality .The second shows the original position that made the rub. The third shows the corrected position that prevents rubbing.

post-28087-0-22198200-1325308876_thumb.jpg

post-28087-0-60812500-1325308896_thumb.jpg

post-28087-0-08597400-1325308921_thumb.jpg

Here are the pics.looking at the one on the passenger side.The first shows the rub; sorry for the poor quality .The second shows the original position that made the rub. The third shows the corrected position that prevents rubbing.

Thank you the pictures.

On my current set-up I have had no rubbing issues when my lanyard has been in the position shown below. The lanyard has a long arch and seems to stay in the position shown without the tip/end touching the plate.

001-7.jpg

R

Archived