TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 SHELBY GT500KR

ebonyscgt500

Well here go's another long wait ?????First on list for 2008 SHELBY GT500KR IF and its a big IF, SVT dealers in Canada get allocation for the 2008 Shelby GT500KR ……well it should be interesting …….This is the same Calgary Dealer I bought my 07 Shelby from ……..would be nice if Ford/SA will send any to Canada……….another long wait.

post-6677-1175652622_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1175652622_thumb.jpg

Talking to a dealer last week and they feel the KR will be a no-show in Canada for all the same reasons we're not getting any GT's. If it was coming direct from Ford like the GT500, it would be a different story. The KR cars are going from Ford to Shelby in Las Vegas, same as the GT's. Because they don't have crash test ratings, metric conversion, bilingual labelling, etc. it's unlikely Transport Canada will approve them. Shelby wasn't prepared to do these things for the GT's and likely won't for the KR's either. Let's hope something happens to change all this.

JR

Talking to a dealer last week and they feel the KR will be a no-show in Canada for all the same reasons we're not getting any GT's. If it was coming direct from Ford like the GT500, it would be a different story. The KR cars are going from Ford to Shelby in Las Vegas, same as the GT's. Because they don't have crash test ratings, metric conversion, bilingual labelling, etc. it's unlikely Transport Canada will approve them. Shelby wasn't prepared to do these things for the GT's and likely won't for the KR's either. Let's hope something happens to change all this.

JR

Thanks for the info but in the kr intro vid Mark says they will be in FORD showrooms next spring??? I hope the dealer you spoke with is wrong also!

Spoke to Dealer. I'll be back if this thing materializes!! :shift:

Divorce settlement will be long gone by Spring 08'! :chairshot:

That's great! I hope they will bring the KR to Canada so that you can be one of the few lucky Canadian owners!!

How about MY 500 KR or 08 500 KR for your new license plate ? :)

Well, we know which Canadians are loaded $$$$ :hysterical2:

Now that's funny! :)

Spoke to Dealer. I'll be back if this thing materializes!! :shift:

Divorce settlement will be long gone by Spring 08'! :chairshot:

Glad to hear you're almost back in the game Dave. I got an idea for a plate but it's a big secret ;)

• 3 weeks later...

JR

Even if they don't sell them in Canada, you should still be able to import them (if you can find a dealer to sell you one in the US). If the manufacturer is listed as Ford (and the VIN will come up as a Mustang GT unless Shelby reissues the VIN which I doubt) then there is no problem bringing them in. You just need to have a dealer activate the daytime lights and thats about it. All the stickers are already bilingual and the speedo whould show km/h as the secondary reading (even if it doesn't all you need is a conversion sticker which the inspecor will supply). The import process is a little long-winded but straight forward. That'd be pretty cool though, having the only (or one of the only) KRs in Canada

• 1 month later...
Umm......right here on this site under 2008 Shelby GT500KR.

JR

+1. This is something that was annonced at the Tulsa meet and Sharon posted about it if I remember correctly.

As far as how those 100 cars will be allocated, SVT dealers still have the exclusivity on the GT500 in Canada, contrary to the US, so I guess only SVT dealers should get all the KRs. For the GT500, each SVT dealer had a 15 car allocation, which I think was further increased to 19, according to what I have read here. Considering that there are 27 SVT dealers in Canada, it is likely that each will be allocated at least 3 cars, with a majority being allocated 4 cars.

By the way, congratulations Kaylan!

+1. This is something that was annonced at the Tulsa meet and Sharon posted about it if I remember correctly.

As far as how those 100 cars will be allocated, SVT dealers still have the exclusivity on the GT500 in Canada, contrary to the US, so I guess only SVT dealers should get all the KRs. For the GT500, each SVT dealer had a 15 car allocation, which I think was further increased to 19, according to what I have read here. Considering that there are 27 SVT dealers in Canada, it is likely that each will be allocated at least 3 cars, with a majority being allocated 4 cars.

By the way, congratulations Kaylan!

Thanks!

October 16/06 I put my name down....just in case.

• 2 months later...
Ha! yes... 08 SHELBY is gone.... probably KR SHELBY is plated to a 68 somewhere! Still thinking...... :headscratch: !!

Just checked this Canada site for the first time, so this post is a tad late. I checked GT500KR in Alberta (7 character max here) and it's gone. My plate is GT500HP, which should be good for a while. I have an '07 convertible, but was planning on a coupe. Still undecided if I'll sell and buy an '08 coupe when the dealer gets to me on the waiting list.

Even if I wasn't getting the KR, I was going to get the plate. Too late, though...

• 3 months later...
I (was) the top of the list at Coastal Ford for the KR. Dave recently said they would be getting two cars. He also said it would go to the highest bidder. Guess I'm out.

unless he has 2 stores he will ONLY get one car. Ford said they are ALL lottery and 1 per dealer. so unless the dealer one the first lottery in Aug, he really dont know if they are getting a car or not. this is a true lottery and has very little to so with size. except bigger dealer will get more chips in the drawing. different things get you more chips, but if you win the other chips come out.

michael morris (no KR allocation yet)

unless he has 2 stores he will ONLY get one car. Ford said they are ALL lottery and 1 per dealer. so unless the dealer one the first lottery in Aug, he really dont know if they are getting a car or not. this is a true lottery and has very little to so with size. except bigger dealer will get more chips in the drawing. different things get you more chips, but if you win the other chips come out.

MY SVT dealer said the 100 Canadian cars weren't in the lottery. There are only 27 SVT dealers in Canada, so some are apparently getting 2 cars and others 3.

JR

Michael, things are a little different here north of the border. The SVT program is still in effect and so far with the 07/08 GT500's the allocation was divided evenly between the 27 Dealers. 405 cars/27 Dealers = 15 cars per dealer.

Using the same allocation each SVT dealerwould get a minimum of 2 cars with a select few getting a third. I know the Dealer I'm working with has 3 spots sold and that's it.

Michael, things are a little different here north of the border. The SVT program is still in effect and so far with the 07/08 GT500's the allocation was divided evenly between the 27 Dealers. 405 cars/27 Dealers = 15 cars per dealer.

Using the same allocation each SVT dealerwould get a minimum of 2 cars with a select few getting a third. I know the Dealer I'm working with has 3 spots sold and that's it.

+1. If indeed 100 KRs are coming to Canada, all SVT dealers should get 3, with some of them getting 4.

Archived