TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 SHELBY GT500KR

ebonyscgt500

• 2 weeks later...

I was just contacted by my local SVT dealership in Ontario today regarding my order for a GT500KR.

I put down a deposit and signed a written offer to purchase for one last spring.

I've purchased two new Fords from this dealership in the past.

I'm one of the biggest skeptics when talking to someone who wants to sell me something. :rolleyes:

They've never steered me wrong and I have no reason to doubt what I've been told.

Info came directly from the top.

Dealership has just been given a "verbal" commitment from very elevated Ford management that 100 GT500KRs are destined for Canada but will be a 2009 model. :happy feet:

No 2008 GT500KRs currently slated for Canada. :cry:

Commitment to the dealership will be followed up in writing from Ford in the New Year.

No real hard dates, pricing “around 100” , no specs or data otherwise.

Dealership says that the "verbal" commitment can be trusted.

I've been assured that I can look forward to getting out my cheque book again. :spend:

That's all I know. Take the info as gospel or not.

Future events will substantiate what I've been told. :rockon:

Guest markham51

100k, wow! I have the number 2 car on order at my SVT dealer. Not sure id pay 100k though. The only motivator ....I have a 68KR and it is really motivating to pair it up. I already have a "725" SS upgrade for the coupe on order so I will already have something similar. For that kind of money I could put a nice Shelby continuation Cobra in the garage for variety...love the Rousch engine combo with 6 polished Weber carbs. I have the Ontario plates "KING ROAD" and "SHELBY KR"

I was just contacted by my local SVT dealership in Ontario today regarding my order for a GT500KR.

I put down a deposit and signed a written offer to purchase for one last spring.

I've purchased two new Fords from this dealership in the past.

I'm one of the biggest skeptics when talking to someone who wants to sell me something. :rolleyes:

They've never steered me wrong and I have no reason to doubt what I've been told.

Info came directly from the top.

Dealership has just been given a "verbal" commitment from very elevated Ford management that 100 GT500KRs are destined for Canada but will be a 2009 model. :happy feet:

No 2008 GT500KRs currently slated for Canada. :cry:

Commitment to the dealership will be followed up in writing from Ford in the New Year.

No real hard dates, pricing “around 100” , no specs or data otherwise.

Dealership says that the "verbal" commitment can be trusted.

I've been assured that I can look forward to getting out my cheque book again. :spend:

That's all I know. Take the info as gospel or not.

Future events will substantiate what I've been told. :rockon:

I see several of you are on a list for the KR. Just curious, what type of financial agreement do you have on the KR. I live in a rural area, and the word is a small dealer in a rual town nearby (that has one of the early allotments) turned down $70,000 US over sticker.

You Canadian's rock. :yahoo:

HSURB

I see several of you are on a list for the KR. Just curious, what type of financial agreement do you have on the KR. I live in a rural area, and the word is a small dealer in a rual town nearby (that has one of the early allotments) turned down $70,000 US over sticker.

You Canadian's rock. :yahoo:

HSURB

Sounds like someone is interested. :waiting:

That's out of my league.

Let's see, send your kid away for a Harvard Business Education, or purchase a KR?????? Mustang's are nice, but holy sh*t.

HSURB

You don't need to tell me...I barely afforded the base car I got at MSRP. :drop:

That's why I didn't do any mods in 2007. :hysterical:

We should find out our bonus amount in about 4 weeks :spiteful:

Wow, those are some pretty big numbers being floated around. 100-130k? for a KR? Thanks for the heads up Termin8tr.

I as a result will not discuss the details of my deal out loud just because I don't want to chance losing it. But, it is definitely nowhere near those numbers. I'm out for sure at those numbers.

All the info from my dealership was kindly confirmed via email.

My understanding is that pricing “around 100” as stated by Ford refers to the expected MSRP in Canada.

That's essentially the same as the MSRPs in Canada for a 2008 Dodge Viper or Corvette Z06 with the usual options. I've checked.

The KR will certainly be a great muscle car but I don’t think that it fits the exotic category of a Viper or Z06. Perhaps Ford and Shelby have some incredible changes in store for the 2009 KR to justify such an expected MSRP. Or perhaps Ford just wants a bigger piece of the pie.

Carroll Shelby’s 85TH Birthday Bash is only weeks away.

It will be interesting to find out the confirmed MSRP of a 2008 GT500KR in the U.S.

I would think that the percentage increase in the MSRP in Canada as compared to the U.S. MSRP for a GT500 would be carried over to the KR.

Only time will tell! :headspin:

I'll be able to see what the KR MSRP is in the US while down there for the bash and let you know as soon as I get back....or sooner

That will be great, kaylan1521.

Enjoy the warmer weather and the Shelby festivities!

Hopefully, people will later share some pics of the event in the forums (hint, hint). :D

• 1 month later...

DubbsFaris made a post today in the 2008 Shelby GT500KR Forum entitled "MSRP leaked in NBC announcement!"

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24334

It states:

Okay, here is a cut and paste from the article!

NBC and the Ford Motor Company will partner to get viewers rolling with the "Ford 'Knight Rider' Giveaway Sweepstakes," during the action adventure "Knight Rider" movie of the week on Sunday, February 17 (9-11 p.m. ET) when viewers will have the chance to win one of four new boldly designed and high-tech Ford automobiles.

The grand-prize winner will receive a 2008 Ford Shelby GT 500 KR with a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $79,995. The first of this highly sought after performance car recently sold at a charity auction for $550,000. In addition, one first-prize recipient will get the keys to a Ford Edge Limited AWD (MSRP $32,070); a second-prize winner will drive away with a Ford Fusion V6 SEL AWD (MSRP $24,385), and a third-prize recipient will receive a Ford Focus SES Sedan (MSRP $16,375). The total (MSRP) estimated value for all four vehicles is approximately $152,825.

The announcement was made today by John Miller, Chief Marketing Officer, NBC Universal Television Group and Robert Parker, Ford Car Group Marketing Manager.

79,995 is the MSRP- there ya go!"

Therefore, pricing "around 100" as Ford advised my SVT dealership in December 2007 as the expected Canadian MSRP for a 2009 GT500KR is totally in keeping with the quoted U.S. MSRP of $79,995 for a 2008 GT500KR. This takes into consideration the Canadian versus U.S. differential in MSRPs and an expected model year price increase for a 2009 as compared to a 2008 GT500KR.

Even taking into account the mechanical/structural/cosmetic differences, it looks like Ford (and/or SAI) definitely wants a bigger piece of the pie when compared to the pricing on a regular GT500. :cry:

As has been said many times in the past, "You can't take it with you!" :spend:

What is really disappointing is that it does not sound that for us (Canucks) there is going to be a price rationalization with the US/CAD exchange rates being what they are today.

Market pricing and historical benchmark pricing aside give me a break would ya???

When I was looking for my Shelby and heard MSRP + $25K ADM in Canada, you can bet your backside I was thinking about throwing in the towel and letting someone else buy my car. $100K plus tax regardless of a reduction in GST is just way too much "Net Income" to blow, taking into consideration what the income tax rate is today, what is that really: $150 or $160K Gross?

Of course every time I spark mine up I come in the from the garage looking like a little kid. :dreamy:

The wife must think I'm smelling glue or something...........

...$100K plus tax regardless of a reduction in GST is just way too much "Net Income" to blow, taking into consideration what the income tax rate is today, what is that really: $150 or $160K Gross?

Let us not forget the obligatory ADM on top of the MSRP (unless you've married into the Owner of the Dealership's family)! :headspin:

Archived