TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Terlingua side exhaust questions

crazy49er

I was wanting to do the Terlingua exhaust on my 07 GT500 but i'm not sure what to do about the rear valance where the cutouts from the original duals were? I have looked and the only stuff i am seeing is like the cervinis kits and I don't think I really like that look......you guys have any ideas?????

Ask for advice from the people who filled in the cutout on the V6 when the Terlinguas with side exhausts were put together. It's a plastic panel, and can be "welded" with techniques appropriate to the material. The paint scheme makes refinishing pretty easy, in my imagination.

I kinda figured that is what we would have to do......I have several boby shops that I am friends with so I'm sure we can get that done.....was really hoping for just a new diffuser or valance to make life a lil easier and hold up better over time.......

Alrighty what do you V6 guys do? I gotta make some moves soon so that I can decide what I do on this.........and I'm sorry for those that may just think I'm some noob that is just on here to ask questions, I have owned tons of custom cars and mainly trucks, this is my first Ford product since my 87 Ford EXP so I'm tryin to get with Fords again, Please gimme some opinions you guys........I know that some of you have at least thought about this......

and for what it helps here is my theme...... I have a triple black GT500, 5k miles now, doing a few of the classy billet upgrades like , 40th anv hood vents, hood pins, misc interor parts, and working on under hood like caps and maybe bigger supercharger (I do have more questions on that for another time) have already done red top optima and I'm in the process of stereo as follows: Clarion 501 nav, shelby kicker 8's, three pairs of polk SR 5.25 componets (doors, kicks and rears) and solo L7 15", powered by Polk 500.4 (2) and Polk 1200.1, all stinger wiring and sound deadened to the limits. This is all halfway done, all products are laying here. I also ordered roll bar with light and trunk liner and a handful of other items, I'm gonna lower with coilovers and prolly shelby 20's of some type.....

My deal is I think the side exhaust from shelby will look cooler and make this car more unique than some body kit company's set up.......what do you guys think?????

Just be prepare to scrap bottom. The side exhaust is really cool but you will be scraping it up on elevation changes.

and here is a link to how at least one of the block offs were done. I think this is the only one I have seen done this way, but it is an option http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/42100-new-terlingua-in-town/page__p__688754?do=findComment&comment=688754

Alrighty what do you V6 guys do? I gotta make some moves soon so that I can decide what I do on this.........and I'm sorry for those that may just think I'm some noob that is just on here to ask questions, I have owned tons of custom cars and mainly trucks, this is my first Ford product since my 87 Ford EXP so I'm tryin to get with Fords again, Please gimme some opinions you guys........I know that some of you have at least thought about this......

and for what it helps here is my theme...... I have a triple black GT500, 5k miles now, doing a few of the classy billet upgrades like , 40th anv hood vents, hood pins, misc interor parts, and working on under hood like caps and maybe bigger supercharger (I do have more questions on that for another time) have already done red top optima and I'm in the process of stereo as follows: Clarion 501 nav, shelby kicker 8's, three pairs of polk SR 5.25 componets (doors, kicks and rears) and solo L7 15", powered by Polk 500.4 (2) and Polk 1200.1, all stinger wiring and sound deadened to the limits. This is all halfway done, all products are laying here. I also ordered roll bar with light and trunk liner and a handful of other items, I'm gonna lower with coilovers and prolly shelby 20's of some type.....

My deal is I think the side exhaust from shelby will look cooler and make this car more unique than some body kit company's set up.......what do you guys think?????

Please ask questions as many as you have, that is what forums like this are for of course, and I ask plenty myself!

I have the Terlingua and it is my understanding that the model is lowered some during production. That said, and as DeWayne another Terlingua owner with the side exhausts states the side exhasusts are very cool, look cool and sound amazing, but they are low. They will scrape on steep driveways such as gas station drive ramps in and out, elevation changes and such if not careful. I have been careful and able to keep mine nice, but mine is anything but a daily driver. I am very careful where and when i drive my car, but would do that side exhaust or not. It is a once in a lifetime for me.

The GT500 might or might not be as low as the Terlingua, not sure, and even an extra inch higher would help. Point being these are a great mod, give that 60's flare of the original track cars, but is low and not good for daily driving if as low as the Terlingua in my opinion. Just something to think about is the use it is for. If your car is like mine a weekend and fun car, go for it.

David

+1 on scraping.

My car isn't a Terlingua, but I bought one of the 'first available for public' kits. I race this car and my car is a daily driver. Let's just say I beaten the crap out of this exhaust.

Yeah, the flat pipes help, but I think the BOSS pipes are only really there for the cool factor. They are really small in diameter compared to the rest of the exhaust system so I don't know if you could really say they are "fully" functional. I have seem some Terliingua track pipes that look very similar to the flattened BOSS pipes. But that way when installed, they were flattened by driving. :whew:

Thanks for the input you guys! Car is no where near a daily driver........prolly get about 2k a year put on it or so and I'm usally very aware of where I'm going ot going to pull into so I can avoid as much scraping as possible....and hey if it happens...whatever I'm done with the days of trailer queen status....I wanna enjoy my cars these days!!!!!

Is there a "new body boss 302 exhaust kit" for a 07 gt500?

Archived