TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRPP Gauges Install

Next on my install list (to be done very soon, hopefully) is a set of FRPP gauges (volts, water temp, and oil pressure) and a gauge pillar. What's the install for the gauges themselves like? The American Muscle website doesn't make it seem like it's all that difficult, but I'd like to know from folks that have actually worked on the install.

Next on my install list (to be done very soon, hopefully) is a set of FRPP gauges (volts, water temp, and oil pressure) and a gauge pillar. What's the install for the gauges themselves like? The American Muscle website doesn't make it seem like it's all that difficult, but I'd like to know from folks that have actually worked on the install.

I went with electrical gauges oil & water which is the easy way ran the wires up under the windshield cowl under the rubber and into the pillar. It's not hard even thou being a mechanic. I did mine on pain killers and so far they work and no fires :drop: You should have no problems if you do mechanicals then you have to get the right fitting to add and homedepot or lowes would have them. Always run it before driving it let it warm up and recheck everything but PM me if want any help !!!

Time for some gauges as well going with Auto Meter fuel pressure, oil pressure and A/F...

Can't decide to go back to SOS A-pillar or SOS dash ?

web.jpg

G6J1978.jpg

Both are nice but one thing as far as accident wise is the pillar gauges which are installed in my car. In an accident hitting those gauges God forbid can do alot of damage to ones face or head. That God my head is made rocks and cement !!!

Yeah good point !

Merry Christmas hope you and your family are doing well.

Fortunately my mother-in-law came through with a $500 Christmas check, I got the BMR K-member for $459.91 shipped !

Andrew

Same too you and yours !!! You mean your wife let you keep the money my wife won't let me get the mail and if she is not home the mail lady keeps it for her. One reason for my safety and the house. I got a letter from my job saying that my ex wife is taking 200.00 a check from my disability for 48 months the other is my mom sends my wife money. She sold one of my dads houses and sneaked a check for 13,000.00 for christmas meanwhile I gave my smart phone, garbage pick up premium cable downsized and only a debit card were use it will send my wife an alert. I also got coal for christmas and my kid told me good for you spend my money on your cars. My mom in law paid off our cars and my wife holds my title. So if, I reorder one it has to come to my house whichs it will never reach me !!!

merry christmas

Not intending to be critical, but, just out of curiosity, why would you buy Ford Racing gauges for a Shelby if comparable Shelby branded gauges are available ?? I believe AutoMeter makes them all. Maybe cost ?? regards, Larry

The Ford Racing gauges are smaller, many people prefer them. I had a hard time deciding myself!

Jer

Not intending to be critical, but, just out of curiosity, why would you buy Ford Racing gauges for a Shelby if comparable Shelby branded gauges are available ?? I believe AutoMeter makes them all. Maybe cost ?? regards, Larry

I like the look of the Ford Racing gauges better than the Shelby ones. Just personal preference.

I have tried not over use the Shelby name and brand on the car, it really has been a love between FRPP and Shelby. My GT500 Wheels have FRPP wheel caps the STB is obviously Shelby, Shelby on the Hood pins, Shelby GT on the Shift knob, Ford and Shelby on the visor warning label covers, Shelby engine caps ......

Just shooting for a balance vs all out Shelby branding. unfortunately I don't look at cost, but I really should.

Andrew

I have tried not over use the Shelby name and brand on the car, it really has been a love between FRPP and Shelby. My GT500 Wheels have FRPP wheel caps the STB is obviously Shelby, Shelby on the Hood pins, Shelby GT on the Shift knob, Ford and Shelby on the visor warning label covers, Shelby engine caps ......

Just shooting for a balance vs all out Shelby branding. unfortunately I don't look at cost, but I really should.

Andrew

Andrew money is for are wives to worry about !!! and when she start you be sorry as I am !!!

Archived