TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Winter Withdrawal..........Already

joebob948

Living in the Northeast is a bummer when you have to put the baby away for the winter. I garaged the Shelby mid-November and am experiencing total withdrawal!!! Just wondering what everyone who lives in non-Shelby winter areas are doing to pass the time ( only 3+ months to go ) before pulling the cover off again!! How many times can you look at youtube videos re: Shelby posts.

HELP

I kinda try to organize all my Shelby unique literature / documents, magazines, Sales Literature and color charts into a nice neat 3" "D style" heavy weight white binder. I put the information in the page protectors / plus scan the Cert's to print "fresh" one's for the binder and Show set-ups.

...or stay busy modding the wifeys car. :wub:

Good way to have fun and score points with the one you love. :wub2:

Well if my wife had a GT500... :happy feet:

I'll keep trying... Tana is a special Lady! And you are a very lucky man. Looking forward to meeting you in March.

:salute:

Well if my wife had a GT500... :happy feet:

I'll keep trying... Tana is a special Lady! And you are a very lucky man. Looking forward to meeting you in March.

:salute:

I'm glad you are going to the bash. Is your wife going too ?

I start my winter vacation tomorrow. I have 6 days I put in for and with the week ends and 2 paid holidays, I have a total of 12 days off in a row. The timing works out great because I just had a procedure done on my foot to drain and inject steriods into a ganglion cyst on top of my extensor tendon. You should of seen the size of that needle they stuck in my foot. What a killer feeling that was. The 12 days off will be great time spent with family and I need to not be walking all over the jobsite and rest my foot a bit so it can heal up. The thing has been killing me for over 6 weeks, but became inflamed 2 weeks ago. I'm on meds now for the pain it caused my tendon and nerve. It's kept me from running for the last month too. :banghead:

Anyways tomorrow I am going to start on installing Tana's mods.

1.Ford Racing CAI

2. 2.59 VMP pulley with VMP tune

3. H - Pipe

4. KR Mufflers.

5. JLT oil seperator

6. BMR lower control arms

7. Hood struts

I'm going to have my door decals removed and have them painted back on, at the same time the hood and front fenders will be repainted to get rid of the stone chips she picked up over the summer.

In the meantime I'm deciding whether or not to add Terlingua decals to my Escape so I don't lose it in the parking lot ;)

Living in the Northeast is a bummer when you have to put the baby away for the winter. I garaged the Shelby mid-November and am experiencing total withdrawal!!! Just wondering what everyone who lives in non-Shelby winter areas are doing to pass the time ( only 3+ months to go ) before pulling the cover off again!! How many times can you look at youtube videos re: Shelby posts.

HELP

I drive mine all year but not in the snow(do to the wife) and when the street have no salt on them. I go to a touchless car wash thats up the block from me thru out the winter. Sometime I will hook the hose up and spray the car down.

Mine sits all winter, from early November from early to mid April. Too cold and snowey around here to do otherwise. This was especially frustrating this year, as I just bought the KR a week before I had to store it. :(

12-14" new snow since 2:00AM...

Yeah, no snow until 3 days ago and then.......WHAM!

I was drving home in it last night and it was BAD.

A buddy flew into DIA yesterday and another bud went to get him. He said the fastest the got on 25 was 35mph. The plane landed at 5 p.m. and they got to the Springs at nearly 11 p.m.

I've shoveled my walks/driveway twice in the last 3 days. I have a good 4' of snow piled into my front lawn now.

Is it Spring time yet???

Yuck,

Phill Pollard

Well, this was mid-November, but not much has changed. Car show for Veteran's Day. We try our best out her to hold up our end for all of you who have to hibernate for the winter. :shades:

John

Like John says, we try our best out here on the west coast to keep the Shelby's moving thru the winter...

Here's a picture of Devils Slide on Hwy 1 (just south of San Francisco) where we had a great cruise a few weeks ago to Half Moon Bay: http://www.teamshelb...a/page__st__140

IMG_0877.jpg

The view outside my office today. It did dip into the 60's. Had to roll the window up on the freeway.

photo-84.jpg

Here lay your head on my shoulder I promise it will be warmer tomorrow !!! :wub2: I wake up to a house that is 50 degrees cause the wife and my 4yr old hate the heat. I wish for a 60 degree day she even turned off my heated garage !!! Merry christmas to you and your 60 degree weather !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant2:

Like John says, we try our best out here on the west coast to keep the Shelby's moving thru the winter...

Here's a picture of Devils Slide on Hwy 1 (just south of San Francisco) where we had a great cruise a few weeks ago to Half Moon Bay: http://www.teamshelb...a/page__st__140

IMG_0877.jpg

You poor west coast guys maybe for the winter you can have me as your guest to keep you warm

Here in the NW we put them away. To much slop on the roads. If a really nice dry day comes around I'll get mine out just o exersize it. Sometimes I want to move down south so I can drive year around. That's why God created winter, "so you could spend your days polishing". Merry Christmas to all

We stay warmer than the Nor-Cal folks here in Hawaii. Once the shopping and party dashing traffic calms down, the 2011 350 will go for cruise. Trouble with no winter is that restoration projects are delayed. The 66 350 is jealous, but not forgotten. I would rather shovel sand than snow! Anyway, Mele Kalikimaka to everyone.

We stay warmer than the Nor-Cal folks here in Hawaii. Once the shopping and party dashing traffic calms down, the 2011 350 will go for cruise. Trouble with no winter is that restoration projects are delayed. The 66 350 is jealous, but not forgotten. I would rather shovel sand than snow! Anyway, Mele Kalikimaka to everyone.

LOL. You don’t just have “warmer” weather, you have perfect weather. EVERYDAY.

What island are you on?

No snow on the ground here in West Chester Pa! Got the 70' Mach back on the road Friday and have been driving it all weekend putting miles on the fresh rebuild..07' Gt-500 is still on the road....nothing sits all winter if I (& the weather) can help it!!

Hey...........................only 3 months to go tilol spring!

I loved Hawaii in 95 my honeymoon with first wife we island hopped tried to take back there before we got divorced. I want her to experience the volciano up close !!! :heartbreaker:

No snow on the ground here in West Chester Pa! Got the 70' Mach back on the road Friday and have been driving it all weekend putting miles on the fresh rebuild..07' Gt-500 is still on the road....nothing sits all winter if I (& the weather) can help it!!

+ 10000

I live in New Jersey and just had my GT500 out for a ride today, I will drive it as long as there is no snow and the temp. is above 35.......hope we have a warm winter with no snow !!

I live in New Jersey and just had my GT500 out for a ride today, I will drive it as long as there is no snow and the temp. is above 35.......hope we have a warm winter with no snow !!

made to drive even in snow !!! I can remember being 19yrs old driving my 78 T/A with some none traction steet tires in nice snow down fall. Then the same in my 89 mustang gt which was my only car so no choice in snow driving. But back then, I never worried about snow or snow tires Also nothing like doing donuts in the snow

Archived